Player's Official Doran Feedback Thread For Kixeye Review

Anonymouuse
Anonymouuse
Strike-force Captain
Joined May 2014 Posts: 657
edited 27 Jan 2016, 11:05AM
Thinking of starting a thread like this for every new unit that Kixeye comes out with because many of them seem to come out half-baked and this one is no exception. However, the concept of the unit is solid. Here is my feedback on the Doran. All constructive and critical feedback is welcome but please don't insult Kixeye. I'd like to make these threads something they come to and read on a regular basis with the intent of us getting units that are truly useful to both us and Kixeye

Well, I got him and his tech and I like the unit but it just does not feel right. Why you ask?

1. Have you seen the **** missle bays on that bad ****? Why in the hell does only 1-2 missles come out of it at once? Seems underwhelming to me.

2. His damage seems underwhelming as well.

3. His range seems underwhelming as well. I was expecting something like 550 maxed which would have turned the nightmare plat into something worth lving and using. It would have truely been a sucessor to the hellfire tank if its hero unit upped its range to 550 and would have provided some variety to the usual kara plat turnout. Change his special talent from 100 damage reduction (useless) to 10 (1) 25(10) 50(20) (useful)

4. Did I mention the underwhelming graphic for his "let it rain" tech....its one missle.....ONE. Big difference between rain and a "rain drop" Damage for this should start at 100k (1) 125k (2) 140k (3) and 1/2 the ammo per lvl. Reload time is ok.

Unit feels rushed out into commission and half-baked.

With all that said....how would these changes benefit Kixeye? Well, as it is a lot of people are going to build him and lvl him in whatever over time and then store him when he is maxed out. They won't use him because with a range of 500, he is just not that useful considering the range of the crap we go against these days. Put him and a plat of nightmares up to 550 and more people will use him and a plat of nightmares and with every use, there is that important change that they will coin repairs. On repairs will be coined with him sitting in the garage slowly rusting.

Shiny is important too.....remember shiny? I'm sure you do...you are trying to make the game prettier as time goes by. His special effects are dismal. Dismal I say. His firing graphic is pretty bad as well.

• killer99999999
    killer99999999
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,770
    this unit is effectively a buffed version of the nightmare ie a bit more health and deals more damage. there is nothing unique or hero about it...

what doran and nightmares need is a range increase - it should be the modern day hellfire tank but as things stand its a nothing tank. 
  • killer99999999
    killer99999999
    oh and doran doesn't even get the flat damage reduction, only nightmares in its buff radius do!!!

• ClickinOrka
    ClickinOrka
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,012
    And that's why you give it some of that Dense Armor Plating.
    Many helpful videos are available at ClickinOrka's Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwjNRHKwUET9jVUbgrO17Q
  • killer99999999
    killer99999999
    And that's why you give it some of that Dense Armor Plating.
    the unit should get the buff it provides to others.
  • Anonymouuse
    Anonymouuse
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 657
    Who moved this discussion to strategy?

THIS IS NOT A STRATEGY THREAD!
  • David.796569
    David.796569
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 452
    The make it rain tech is a joke.  It needs to be a fire rate increase buff for all units.  Say a 25% fire rate increase buff for 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, and 17.5 sec.
  • Luis Carlos
    Luis Carlos
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 200
    I agree that his tech seens underwhelming(only saw videos of it never used it myself) but seriously doran has fair damage not amazing but with the corrects schematic he can wreck buildings or infantry as he pleases, he also has 1,6 million health when promoted and yet takes less than 2 hours to repair, and with high density armor he even lasts longer and he ain't that week to mines either, so as far as doran goes i'm please with him
  • Colonel_Braver
    Colonel_Braver
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 153
    I'd just like to tell Doran one thing: Next time you escape, steal an Ultra Tank at least LOL why a nightmare?