This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

War Commander: Rogue Assault - Questions

Thane_Mantis
Thane_Mantis
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8,259
edited 5 Aug 2014, 2:16PM

Alright, seeming as you are in development of a new War Commander for Mobile Devices, I have a simple question for you KIXEYE.

Is the old version of War Commander on desktop heading the same direction that the desktop version of Backyard Monsters did? Are you eventually going to cancel support and events for the desktop version and focus all your resources on the new Mobile Version?

Or are you actually going to try balance your work between the two like you should have done with Backyard Monsters desktop and Backyard Monsters: Unleashed?

Me on my day's off...
Thane_Mantis
  • Bazorias
    Bazorias
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,117

was bm and bmu different (cross platform or not?)?

• bo_rg
    bo_rg
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 880

its hard to compare this situation with the backyard monster one. they hinted about the mobile version of well before  mr3 was even a thing so they didnt plan to bring out the mobile verson after the web version had its development halted. ive heard people complain about the situations in WC but im pretty sure its nowhere close to what happened to bym in basically any way

carter has said that there are two entirely different teams making two entirely different games so the same team isnt going to compromise their efforts on the web version becasue they are also making the mobile version. both will most likely go their own ways and continue to be developed separatly

#teamkillerspacewhales   currently ----> borg - 15385 (level 47... yes im THAT guy and i love it)
  • KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,329

We have no plans to discontinue War Commander web. War Commander: Rogue Assault is a brand new game created by a different team. War Commander web continues to be supported. 

- Carter
    Community Manager, Mobile Games
    VEGA Conflict, War Commander: Rogue Assault

Twitter: CarterGee / VEGAConflict
  • DESTRO
    DESTRO
    KIXEYE
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 207
    War Commander browser and War Commander Rogue Assault are two completely different games with two completely different teams.  They are entirely independent of each other and we have no plans to end support.
    CEO, KIXEYE 

All your base are belong to KIXEYE.
  • Bazorias
    Bazorias
    Incursion Leader
    Are servers going to be separated or is everyone going to be in the same map?  Example, north american gets their own servers and europe gets their own ect.
  • bo_rg
    bo_rg
    Strike-force Captain
    i would think they would all be on the same thing since there is not map room and no communication but that is just my uninformed guess.... dont know much about IOS games and how they work
    #teamkillerspacewhales   currently ----> borg - 15385 (level 47... yes im THAT guy and i love it)
  • DESTRO
    DESTRO
    KIXEYE
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 207
    There will be a world to explore and attack that is not yet available in the current test builds.  It will be different from War Commander web.
    CEO, KIXEYE 

All your base are belong to KIXEYE.
  • KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician
    edited 16 Sep 2014, 11:53PM
    We're excited to tell you guys more as we get closer to releasing it. Personally, the map is my favorite part about the game and I'm getting really excited with where it's headed!
    - Carter

• Bazorias
    Bazorias
    Incursion Leader
    Sounds interesting
  • bo_rg
    bo_rg
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 17 Sep 2014, 10:54PM
    DESTRO said:
    There will be a world to explore and attack that is not yet available in the current test builds.  It will be different from War Commander web.
    oh wow that sounds exciting! im really looking forward to seeeing it!!
  • Bazorias
    Bazorias
    Incursion Leader
    bo_rg said:
    DESTRO said:
    oh wow that sounds exciting! im really looking forward to seeeing it!!
    It sounds like it might be some type of open world thing but still selective in some way. Although, what kinda travel time will we have for this world. 
  • bo_rg
    bo_rg
    Strike-force Captain
    i doubt they would want high travel time since this is a mobile game, and i defiantly recommend it to be low
  • Joe_Mari
    Joe_Mari
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1
    War commander rouge assault in mobile start ready or still advertise....tnx

• Is my location here in Saudi Arabia is supported with your server in war commander rogue assault?
  • KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician
    Is my location here in Saudi Arabia is supported with your server in war commander rogue assault?
    Not quite yet! War Commander: Rogue Assault will be releasing worldwide in the coming months.
    - Carter

• bo_rg
    bo_rg
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 22 Sep 2014, 11:11PM
    will this world be released in the coming months also or is that a little farther down the road than worldwide release? :)
  • knockknock1987
    knockknock1987
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2
    when is the release date in Belgium?
    knockknock
  • bo_rg
    bo_rg
    Strike-force Captain
    when is the release date in Belgium?
    probably a few months, but i dont work at kixeye so maybe a CM will say something :)
  • anishgce
    anishgce
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1
    when can I download RA in OMan
This discussion has been closed.