Carter's debut

Bannanaman2000
Bannanaman2000
Greenhorn
Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 6
I would just like to point out that Carter appeared on battle vortex with somethings that I found interesting. Go check it out! http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4YAULRrtHbQ&feature=g-subs-u and you did great Carter :)
  • zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 863
    edited 6 Feb 2014, 7:21AM

Carter was awesome. I hope we see more of him on the show in the future :)

This link works by the way

Fat Chickens - VEGA Conflict: Level 47 - ID: 1151789 - Born out of the original wars in the 8000s.

• mysterion69
    mysterion69
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 77

yes you did well carter :)

• Scatterbrains
    Scatterbrains
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 307

Great show again . And I Thank you for letting CMCarter join the disscussion . Although it was never brought up he did mention they are working on something about repair times, which gives me somthing to look forward to . ( Repair times on all fleets is my biggest complaint).

Show airs live at 11pm my time. and I'm usually asleep by then . 20+ years of getting up at 4am  makes that kinda late.

Again great show .keep up the good work .

Jailed for wishing for reduced repair times ... 3  times .... ROFL.. So don't ask ...Banned for a month for asking a 4th time...

• Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,652

I wish that I was able to talk more, but my PC mic was having some difficulties :(

Great and productive conversation though guys! :D

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator.
    No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p
  • Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98

Great show again . And I Thank you for letting CMCarter join the disscussion . Although it was never brought up he did mention they are working on something about repair times, which gives me somthing to look forward to . ( Repair times on all fleets is my biggest complaint).

Show airs live at 11pm my time. and I'm usually asleep by then . 20+ years of getting up at 4am  makes that kinda late.

At about 24 minutes in Carter talks about repair times in the future if that interest you.

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p
  • Scatterbrains
    Scatterbrains
    Skilled Warrior

At about 24 minutes in Carter talks about repair times in the future if that interest you.

But you still need to watch it all. lots of good info .

Jailed for wishing for reduced repair times ... 3  times .... ROFL.. So don't ask ...Banned for a month for asking a 4th time...

• Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98

But you still need to watch it all. lots of good info .

Yes very true lol.  I was at that conversation so I already know everything that was talked about :)

• Th3mistocles
    Th3mistocles
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 125

Here is what I got out of Carter's answers from this show.

In the next couple months we are looking at another update that may focus on repair times. Hopefully more details will follow as we near the update date.

He's going to try to get more information out to us on the little updates that come through, I.E. the change made to the ion modulator.

He was mum on the talk about the Vega complexes. Which sounds like they have something cool in the works but can't talk about it.

He intends to have weekly or by weekly chat sessions in the future to enlist feedback from the player base in a chat or web format versus just the forums.

in game exploits are always a focus for the VC developers. I.E. the 25% base **** low level players can do to high levels where in the high levels can't retaliate. Possibly we'll see the 25% go to 50% in the future for the first star to get battle points.

There was talk about a game road map? maybe more of this in the future?

More BPs for each tier to come? (this comes from Carters post on the forums here but I like the sound of that.

One thing that I wished he would have indicated were more in the works or more on the radar...

Alliances or more player inter-connectivity options. He talked about how it's great that we're creating our own alliance communities. I think this is something that should be more focused on as creating a good alliance system in game only promotes community development leading to more long term players. Look at any MMO out there to date. WoW, EVE, etc. they all have robust alliance systems built in game and have a long standing player base. I've seen plenty of F2P games that died because they never created an alliance system. (look at offensive combat that died this January)

More to do with Battle points then just collect them. He mentioned that the developers should do more with them than just give us a position on the leaderboards but that's where the discussion kind of ended.

More about what is planned on the next update. I know a lot was discussed about upping the mass on the CMs and base modules however this wasn't discussed in the chat.

Overall I enjoyed hearing Carter's perspective on things and the mechanics of how things work in VC versus the other games. It's good to hear the systems for VC are very different from BP or WC. 

I hope to see much more of this in the future! Always interested in hearing what's in the works as it keeps me interested in leveling and upgrading knowing there's more coming in the end game (level 41) than just making fleets for FvF/FvB.

Me? I'm not a miner, or a warrior. I'm a FARMER!
  • Bannanaman2000
    Bannanaman2000
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 6

Hey guys! It was really fantastic being on Battle Vortex and I'm excited about talking with more of you in VEGA Conflict's upcoming Community Chatters. 

Th3mistocles - you got it pretty much correct! As for what you want to hear more about, I think an Alliance feature are a great idea, what to do with medals/battle points is an ongoing discussion with the team, and the next update is coming Tuesday! More details then.

so this sounds really nice they seem to listen to all the ideas we have. and I cant wait for Tuesday now
  • zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain

Not only do they listen to everything we post on here, they also watch what we are saying in coms and what we post on other social sites. What I got from Carter on the show was that KixEye does listen to us and have long term plans for this game that we obviously can't see at the moment. A lot of the changes people are complaining about are necessary in order for the long term upgrades to work. We are all sometimes missing the forest for the trees because our instincts are to immediately react to what we perceive as an immediate negative upgrade but we don't know that this perceived negative upgrade will make future big positive upgrades possible.

Fat Chickens - VEGA Conflict: Level 47 - ID: 1151789 - Born out of the original wars in the 8000s.

• Fear Battlevortex
    Fear Battlevortex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 282

I just want to extend a huge thank you to CM CarterGee for clearing up a great many concerns we have about VEGA along with many other players. I wish we had more time to pick his brain, but hopefully soon we can get him back for another round. Obviously I would thank KIXEYE for allowing the CMs to come out and visit their community, show some love, and clear up some misconceptions.

I also wanted to say thanks to all of the Arbiters that asked good questions and kept their cool during the show. We are a passionate bunch, but I was impressed with the way everyone conducted themselves.

Anyway, great show if you get the chance to see it! It's definitely one you don't want to miss.

Fear of Battle Vortex
    http://www.BattleVortex.tv

BV Talk Live
    Wednesday 7:30 PM PST War Commander 
    Thursday 5:00 PM PST Battle Pirates - 7:00 PM VEGA Conflict
    Friday 6:00 PM PST War Commander Latino
  • KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,329

We watch every week :)

- Carter
    Community Manager, Mobile Games
    VEGA Conflict, War Commander: Rogue Assault

Twitter: CarterGee / VEGAConflict
  • Janus Dread
    Janus Dread
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 160

I am still curious as to what the team can do about the chaos in the fleet manager. It is kind of hard referring to it as a manager when it is a scrambled mess all the time. Can you share any insight about this Carter? Is it even an issue the team might correct at any time in the future?

• zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 7 Feb 2014, 5:57PM

Janus Dread someone posted an amazing post with some amazing suggestions about that here https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/438507

• Janus Dread
    Janus Dread
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 160

Thanks for that link ZissisT, I like his ideas for the most part. However, Carter saying that they could draw inspiration from it still does not confirm that the team is actually considering doing anything about it. That information is what I was asking for.

• KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,329
    Streamlining the fleet manager to be more user-friendly is indeed on our roadmap as part of another update, but you won't see it for a little while. 

- Carter
    Community Manager, Mobile Games
    VEGA Conflict, War Commander: Rogue Assault

Twitter: CarterGee / VEGAConflict
  • Fear Battlevortex
    Fear Battlevortex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 282

I would give ZissisT's right arm if they would please make the fleet manager a nice place to visit. =)

Fear of Battle Vortex
    http://www.BattleVortex.tv

BV Talk Live
    Wednesday 7:30 PM PST War Commander 
    Thursday 5:00 PM PST Battle Pirates - 7:00 PM VEGA Conflict
    Friday 6:00 PM PST War Commander Latino
  • Scatterbrains
    Scatterbrains
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 7 Feb 2014, 9:30PM

And I will give his left foot ... He doesn't need it to battle .... and he can get use to using his left arm for the mouse ....

• zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain

Fear, hell I'll even donate my time to code the new fleet manager for them if they want lol