question regarding hawks for high lvl players...

Montecristo
Montecristo
Incursion Leader
Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,432

hey guys quick question here i would like to know what the best build for hawks considering the actual lvl of cargo ships and the recent event! im building my hawks right now and i would like to know what would be the best built...

this is what i am building right now:

.shockwave shield IV

.strafe truster IV

.Iridium magnets III

.zynthium alloy I

.mass driver 2 (x3)

• Fabiano Rooz
    Fabiano Rooz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 56
    Try Rear 4, glad 1-2-1 or MD2's, Phased 3, shock 4.. Mags and cargo never works well

Vega Conflict
    OG El Capitan
    Some Sector...
    level 43

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Superbeedy
    Superbeedy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 413

For cargo above level 35 you definitely need a rear thruster 4 or above, and phased or mag, you can still do cargo with mags. However, outside of hawks, I'd use venoms with gladius 1 or 2 to do cargos.

Rear4, Shock4, MD2 x3, Irimag3 or Phased3, armor, works good, though with phased you'll have trouble hitting the dreads

Rear4, Shock4, Glad1 x3, Irimag4, iridium, works well for fvf

Rear4, Glad2 x3, phased3, And choose your shield for normal or regen, you can do much higher level cargo however you must fly them well.

Your current build (but change strafe to rear), is decent already, although like i said itd be much better to use venoms with glad 1 or 2 for cargos

When you
    fail… Don’t Blame Lag

• Superbeedy
    Superbeedy
    Skilled Warrior

For cargo above level 35 you definitely need a rear thruster 4 or above, and phased or mag, you can still do cargo with mags. However, outside of hawks, I'd use venoms with gladius 1 or 2 to do cargos.

Rear4, Shock4, MD2 x3, Irimag3 or Phased3, armor, works good, though with phased you'll have trouble hitting the dreads

Rear4, Glad2 x3, phased3, And choose your shield for normal or regen, you can do much higher level cargo however you must fly them well.

Your current build (but change strafe to rear), is decent already, although like i said itd be much better to use venoms with glad 1 or 2 to do cargos

When you
    fail… Don’t Blame Lag

• Superbeedy
    Superbeedy
    Skilled Warrior

Your current build (but change strafe to rear), is decent already, although like i said itd be much better to use venoms with glad 1 or 2 to do cargos

When you
    fail… Don’t Blame Lag

• Death_From_Above
    Death_From_Above
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,673

Make ur own configs mate its more fun.

War commander : 
    RallyPointBravo
    LVL:33  *Quit due to boredom*
    Cliffsam98
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,652
    Try Rear 4, glad 1-2-1 or MD2's, Phased 3, shock 4.. Mags and cargo never works well

My Mags on my Hawks can do 40s with instant repairs, so they're not bad for that.

Now to the original post, my setup is as such, I don't have Gladus Drivers so this is a Mass Driver setup.

x3 level 2 Mass Drivers

Zynthium Alloy 2

Rear Thrusters 5

Iridium Magnets 2

Shockwave Shield 4

I haven't tried to upgrade my Magnets yet purely because I'm going to switch over to Phased Projectiles 2 or 3.

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator.
    No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p
  • Montecristo
    Montecristo
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,432

so i see everybody is using rear truster i tought the whole idea of the hawks was to be able to starff therefore straffing truster were the best but since you cant do so with these rear trusters (im suposing here) how do you exactly use this ones? just getting them to run in reverse? thanks in advance for the answer guys in new to this hawks...

and yeah seeing for yourself what works best is fun but i just wanted some advice you know i cant disregard experience!

• Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,652

so i see everybody is using rear truster i tought the whole idea of the hawks was to be able to starff therefore straffing truster were the best but since you cant do so with these rear trusters (im suposing here) how do you exactly use this ones? just getting them to run in reverse? thanks in advance for the answer guys in new to this hawks...

and yeah seeing for yourself what works best is fun but i just wanted some advice you know i cant disregard experience!

I use Rears so my Hawks can get away from everything while being able to shoot.  Kiting is the proper name for it I do believe

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator.
    No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p