Community Manager, Mobile Games
    VEGA Conflict, War Commander: Rogue Assault

Twitter: CarterGee / VEGAConflict
  • CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 550

aye-aye Carter

Anyways, back to point...creepers are good for siege since it has killer DPS & AoE, and good for fvf to keep close-range ships at bay. glad to have one them, and proud to say they will be my primary defense for my war venoms along with a powerful 2ndary weapon

• SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,684

Now I noticed that with base attack videos the tops still only go to the building they targeted (dead or not) and then explode. That is even more useless because of the terrible speed. They should just float a certain distance before exploding and explode if they hit anything :/  I think this is the biggest flaw, now it's only even remotely good for fvf. Please respond to this.....

I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

though it moves in that direction, creepers have a 90 degree spread, so even if shooting directly to a structure perpendicular with a battleship it will hit ANYWHERE in the arch of  a battleship

• SteelSteve
    SteelSteve

Care to watch the videos on the first page of the discussion - attacking the bay or factory - they still blow up when it's already dead and actually have a decent hit mark - but they don't drift like I thought they would.....

• KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,329

I've found that it's fun to steer AI fleets into the Creeper Torpedoes as you're running away.

- Carter
    Community Manager, Mobile Games
    VEGA Conflict, War Commander: Rogue Assault

Twitter: CarterGee / VEGAConflict
  • CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

@ Steel:

well, its pretty pointless if the explosive DOESNT explode...regardless of if it's target is destroyed or not. plus, same things happen for plasma torps, so i dont see the difference you are trying to make.

@ Carter:

lol, i bet using these weapons on destroyers to force a large mine field to be made is fun

• SteelSteve
    SteelSteve

CombatWolf - the idea I assumed was that a slow-**** weapon should be make to explode on the first thing it touches or after a certain distance. That was a clear point as I recall - now I see that they explode on dead buildings instead of just continuing on - that increases the uselessness in my opinion. See what I'm trying to say? I thought they kept going on for a while.

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

firstly, im not arguing their speed. what i dont get is why you assume they should go past dead buildings whn it was targeted? if you shoot an MD from a destroyer, and a 2nd md is fired a split-second before the target is destroyed, its not going to go hit the target behind it...so why give the luxury of doing that to creepers when no other weapon does so?

• SteelSteve
    SteelSteve

becuase that would make more sense and I quote "...deploy slow moving torpedoes with proximity triggered detonations." I assumed that the proximity triggered detonations wouldn't explode on an already dead building. Can you see why I thought that???

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,792
    How does the torpedo know the building is dead? 
    Proximity to a mass is proximity to a mass. Just because it is damaged does not make it 'not there'.
    And its clearly still there, because I can REPAIR the damaged mass after the attack.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

becuase that would make more sense and I quote "...deploy slow moving torpedoes with proximity triggered detonations." I assumed that the proximity triggered detonations wouldn't explode on an already dead building. Can you see why I thought that???

because it is programed IN THE GAME that these weapons CANT switch to a different target once it locks onto one...if that were to change, then wed have MD's that in mid-flight change their altered course to attack a battleship...see the problem there?

How does the torpedo know the building is dead? 
    Proximity to a mass is proximity to a mass. Just because it is damaged does not make it 'not there'.
    And its clearly still there, because I can REPAIR the damaged mass after the attack.

EXCELENT point...Law of Mass dictates that you can't make or destroy matter, it can only be converted from matter to energy & vise versa. though you blow a structure up and the STRUCTURE is destroyed, the MATTER is still there. So, though it it is because of locking on before destruction, the reason why it still can cause them to detonate is because the creepers only know that there is a solid state of matter before it...it doesn't know the kind or condition, all it knows is that it is matter, so it goes "boom"

• LQQK
    LQQK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 144

The spread is way to big to be effective in battle. Stick with another weapon....

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    LQQK said:

The spread is way to big to be effective in battle. Stick with another weapon....

FALSE...heres why...

in fvb engagement, the bigger the spread then toe more buildings are caught in a single shot due to spread increase...in fvf, spread commonly is used so you are more likely to keep hawks from evading your shots...in the creeper's case, the purpose of the spread is to make an explosive barrier (or in this case a mine field) to keep ships away from it, VERY useful when you have 3 gd's