Salvageville

THEBEARD98
THEBEARD98
Incursion Leader
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,478

With Salvage being the focus of this game I'm finding less and less interest in it.  I hate salvage.  Fighting a npc held my attn for about 2 weeks.  But then I was bored.  Hitting bases became my passion.  Then salvage became so hard the farms gave up or stopped doing any res gathering.  Now the salvage is at a good place which as a baser I like so I can get resources from the farms.  But the problem is they made salvage so important you have no choice but do it.  I wont salvage with any other method than auto when my basers are down.   So that leaves me at the place where the game is being shifted away from pvp into pve primarily. That along with spam defense and sad sector protectors. The only thing I really do now is look for someone with more medals than me hit them collect some mines hit a couple auto salvage and move on to other games.  Even picked up BP again for all the down time.  Again I just want to rant about my displeasure with the direction of the game.  This game is no longer pvp based.  And that is a shame.

"KIXEYE makes no guarantee as to the nature, quality or value of the features of the Service that will accessible through the use of Virtual Currency, or the availability or supply of Virtual Currency." -copied from new TOS

• Rob U
    Rob U
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 122
    edited 22 Nov 2013, 1:55AM

I hear you.  I don't mind doing a little salvage, but I've done more in the last 24 hours than I have in the last 3 months.  What do I have to show for it, 3 pieces of blueprints that I will never build.  I cant imagine the time I will have to waste hitting 50's to get something useful.  At least all the farms are stocked again. 

• Oliver1989
    Oliver1989
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 148

The update forces people away from pvp :(. Having something new to earn is good, but it should be possible through fighting other players too. Maybe a possibility of earning fragments of any tech equipped on a ship or researched in a lab when you destroy them? 

• jason.everett.313
    jason.everett.313
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 65

The idea of the blueprints is to keep players playing continuously and to encourage coining. It's the way all facebook games are designed.
  • THEBEARD98
    THEBEARD98
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,478

The idea of the blueprints is to keep players playing continuously and to encourage coining. It's the way all facebook games are designed.

This is not how all facebook designed this over generalization is just silly.  Besides that it is strictly possible to have bp drops in pvp.

"KIXEYE makes no guarantee as to the nature, quality or value of the features of the Service that will accessible through the use of Virtual Currency, or the availability or supply of Virtual Currency." -copied from new TOS