P.Artreides
P.Artreides
Minor Nuisance
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 108

I have started recording every vega i kill in an excel sheet. I record:

Date

Time

Fleet killed (lvl + normal or AM)

Bleuprint found (not only IF you find a bleuprint, but also what bleuprint you found)

If you want to help gathering data, please "subscribe" here. In the final dataset i will only take data from players who subscribed first to avoid bias. Unlucky players are more likely to report than lucky ones and people an unlucky streak might be more likely to start people recording than not. 

Therefore please say if you want to join this initiative and if you do, promise to record each and every VEGA kill you make from now on. 

Finally, please also record when you get completed bleuprints in a way that you can see at any moment what bleuprints were completed at that time. This way we can see if the software first decides what bleuprint you get and then not gives it when you have it complete (thus effectively reducing the droprate the more you have complete) or if upon deciding you get a bleuprint, it gives you one that you do not yet have.

Thank you.

• M16 A4
    M16 A4
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 654

I recorded some things before I saw this post when this update was released. If it helps,

I got 3/8 pieces of the new destiny corvette, diffuser shield II 1/5, metaphase shield 1/5, thermal beam II 1/5 all in  VEGA 27 fleets.

2 pieces of hydra missile, both in 25's.

4/4 capacitive plates, 2/4 repulsor shield, 1/4 blast shield, and 1/4 diffuser shield all came out of 20's.

I haven't gotten any BP yet from any antimatter fleets.

• M16 A4
    M16 A4
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 654

Blast shield 2/4 VEGA 25

• BattleStar.GOAT
    BattleStar.GOAT
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 227

On planet, almost exclusively 25-27 lvl cargo i took away 21 BP after 120 fleets. Completed 2 prints in first section.

That is hardly an accurate measure of droprate though, from what ive been reading it looks like ive been lucky.

I havent gone and compared everything yet vs trainable tech/gear but the first piece (the new armor) is essentially iridium plates. They both offer about 2.75 armor per ton while zynth offers 3.5. Pretty much a waste of time imo but they do fall at different increments so it may be that they are actually intending it to work as an "iridium 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, etc." which if your really trying to get the absolute most out of your base could be useful but id be much happier seeing a more distinct difference. I just hope the rest of the gear isnt as lackluster.

All that said, I love the idea and implementation of the blueprints.