vega elites instant repair

Shai'tan
Shai'tan
Potential Threat
Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 36

i have figured out a method to kill vega 50s with 5 mins max repair time. the catch: i use three different fleets and it takes about 17 mins.

• Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669

Is there a point to the bragging? Are you going to share how?

I don't play much anymore =(
  • Silligoose
    Silligoose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 954

He probably won't and tbh I wouldn't blame him, since most will then just copy it and the 50's just changed lol. Congrats on finally getting it Shai'tan, but posting that you can do it is a bit silly

• Wing Commander
    Wing Commander
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 22

guy in our sector has been doing it in under 15 mins with two fleets. using MD NHs for the first two passes and Revs to kill the remaining two battleships with the MD on them. He takes no dmg to the MD NHs and little dmg to the rev fleet

We fight together or die alone.....
  • Shai'tan
    Shai'tan
    Potential Threat

video coming soon.

• Shai'tan
    Shai'tan
    Potential Threat

and wing commander, i don't have revs yet.

• D3VL-X
    D3VL-X
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 419

guy in our sector has been doing it in under 15 mins with two fleets. using MD NHs for the first two passes and Revs to kill the remaining two battleships with the MD on them. He takes no dmg to the MD NHs and little dmg to the rev fleet

i think i know who that guy is ........ its me :P 

Hail the fist!!
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669

Courtesy of the high speed Frigate it is **** near impossible to start the 50s with no damage to NHs. Tho with Rear 5 you might have a better chance of separating the first 3 ships from the rear 3. But given the Rear 5 Apocryphas that chase you down the typical MD NH tactic is laborious at best so you NEED Rear 5 to be truly effective at this battle. I lost 2 MD NHs against the first 3 ships on my first attempt using Rear 4 so I know I can do a bit better after this 2 week Rear 5 research is done and I can update my ships.

I kinda figured there would be a quicker way to kill these than before, but pure instant repair sounds a little far fetched at the moment. At least in any kind of good time. But assuming a coiner level tech tree it might be possible, tho not all of us have that kind of stuff available to us.

I don't play much anymore =(
  • TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389
    A guy called Peace Keeper kill it and lost a Talon, took around 20 minutes. 

• Superbeedy
    Superbeedy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 413
    edited 22 Nov 2013, 12:18AM

The 50 might need a bait strategy due to the high speed of the first 3 ships, i'll let you know if i get anything but i'm pretty sure its not too hard to do it under 17 minutes, roughly 3 runs, with instant repairs (or close to it); unless youre autoing it thats not super impressive

When you
    fail… Don’t Blame Lag

• Hell Wolf
    Hell Wolf
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 5

Lets go PEACE KEEPER :D

• Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,652

Pffft, I can do that, hold my beer.

:D

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator.
    No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p
  • Davy Jones2000
    Davy Jones2000
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 332
    edited 22 Nov 2013, 3:12AM

Courtesy of the high speed Frigate it is **** near impossible to start the 50s with no damage to NHs. Tho with Rear 5 you might have a better chance of separating the first 3 ships from the rear 3. But given the Rear 5 Apocryphas that chase you down the typical MD NH tactic is laborious at best so you NEED Rear 5 to be truly effective at this battle. I lost 2 MD NHs against the first 3 ships on my first attempt using Rear 4 so I know I can do a bit better after this 2 week Rear 5 research is done and I can update my ships.

I kinda figured there would be a quicker way to kill these than before, but pure instant repair sounds a little far fetched at the moment. At least in any kind of good time. But assuming a coiner level tech tree it might be possible, tho not all of us have that kind of stuff available to us.

Curtis I tried just couple of hrs ago with rear 4 MD NHs. I ran the clock til 1 min 30 secs, and got my NHs in a 2 2 2 position strafing them to get the frigate and I avoided 4 out of 5 shots and then ran away till the clock stopped from the cruisers 9which I should point out did not shoot a single shot). Total damage taken from the frigate was 5% and that since somehow I did not align properly the ships and strafed with a speed variation. 2nd run I took the cruisers out and the laser battleship having about 10% more damage so 85% at the end, the last run I did with laser spec5 NHs and lost 2 NHs against the projectile battleships because I suck at the decoy technique! That was my 1st and only attempt. My feeling is rear 4 is best for the first 4 ships, I took excessive damage from the cruisers (if you can call 10% damage excessive) due to the slow turn speed of the NHs caused by the rt, I reckon with rt5 this will be worse in fact yielding more damage taken. I think with the new shields and weapons and using two NH fleets the job can be done with reasonable repair times (ca 30-40 mins tops). I am sure there are some far better drivers out there than can kill it with instant repairs but I very much doubt this could happen in 1 run so for sure to minimise repairs one needs 2-3 runs.

httpoi40tinypiccommboj2hjpg