Level 50s sometimes don't drop blueprints

TheHolyAsdf
TheHolyAsdf
Incursion Leader
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389

I think level 50s should always drop blueprints. They're so strong.......

• MechDragon
    MechDragon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8

I disagree. Collecting of the earlier blueprints will probably be necessary to take on 50s.

• Tony Luff
    Tony Luff
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 22

maybe the drop rate should be better ive hit 20 vegas and only gotten 1 bp so far

User ID is: 9540751
  • SuperBenke
    SuperBenke
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 86

I don't think they wanted you to get every print the first day...

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,790
    exileowns said:

lol its bp all over again....youll get 1 bp for 1 thing 2 weeks later youll get a bp for a different thing...they want you to coin them....

all about the money as always....

How shocking ! All this time I thought that KIXEYE was a charity making games for free ! It's not like their employees need to eat and buy gas!

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader

Like, i haven't fought enough of them to get an idea what the drop rate is, i hope it's like 50% at least... If it's like 20%, get out of town, i ain't bothered.

• Recced
    Recced
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 189

i've successfully hit over 50 vegas both in and out of planet since the update and only managed to get 1 bp piece now maybe i'm unlucky or something but to me 1 in 50 is a lousy rate and would mean i have to do thousands of vegas just to complete one ship, shield or weapon considering the increased power given to the vega fleets through improved weapons and shields it's likely that many like myself will end up drifting away from the game and look for games with fairer game play.

• TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader

I'd rather they make us collect more fragments than have a 2% drop rate, at least I can figure out how many more steps i need to make to kill them. But i reckon, i am going to frustrate myself trying killing a dozen lvl 50s with no bps and days of repairs.

• The Black Skull
    The Black Skull
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 506

Insanity rules if you think they would make a drop rate of anything like 20-50%!

It will be more like 2-5% and that is for each time you hit, it won't accumulate each time you do t get a piece it will just reset next time you have to hit one.

Then we possibly have the mythical streak breaker...

• TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader

The earlier blueprints are nearly useless lol - Anything you obtain from a lvl 33 or under is straight up not useful for me. 

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,790
    edited 20 Nov 2013, 2:07PM

I'd rather they make us collect more fragments than have a 2% drop rate, at least I can figure out how many more steps i need to make to kill them. But i reckon, i am going to frustrate myself trying killing a dozen lvl 50s with no bps and days of repairs.

I really like this concept. 

The 'illusion of progress' would be enhanced if there were 30 components for a BP and a 50% drop rate rather than 6 components and a 10% drop rate. 

It would be slightly more programming for KE (mostly in coming up with plausible names!), but the 'placebo' effect of moving the progress bar faster more often would more than make up for it.

A side benefit would be that the element of gross luck (good or bad) would be reduced, since a little probability theory would show a much tighter 'bell curve' (narrower and taller) for when players are completing a given BP. The AVERAGE completion effort would not change, but far fewer would complete a BP really early or really late.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Recced
    Recced
    Minor Nuisance

actually i feel Kixeye have screwed up royally ! instead of being a wargame now Vega Conflict has turned into a space farmville with a majority of players forgetting about fighting and hitting bases preferring to hit vegas in a race to get the new technology, with the low low drop rate  only the mega coiners can shortcut and get the tech not that it is any good to them unless they want to become mega bullies attacking fleets unable to defend against the alien tech or inflict serious damage on their overpowered and over shielded ships.

As a result we will probably see a mass exodus from the game over the next few weeks as players succumb to frustration and realization that they can no longer compete on a level playing field in this game.

• DoomsdayRebel_X
    DoomsdayRebel_X
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,964

IMO, they shouldn't drop them every hit, but possibly a better drop rate.

• Lunar Razor
    Lunar Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,448
    always so much negativity in the forums... the game was getting boring anyway with nothing else to do but hit players bases/fleets and collect cargo. (my opinion) with these blueprints coming out it gives us some more excitement to playing. now there is another reason to hit cargo other than just get res that you will spend to hit other players. there will still be base hitting dont think that just cause it comes out that players will forget all about the other aspects of the game and only focus on that. not saying there wont be those players but not everyone will do that. 

• GrumpyCat
    GrumpyCat
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 13

At least now it's Vega Conflict instead of Alliance Invaders Conflict.

• unbearable
    unbearable
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 157

pure ****.. for me nothing.. killed 12 anti matter vegas , 2 level 50 and few others vegas,. but got no blue print..

• M A J E S T I C
    M A J E S T I C
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 142

They need to make blueprints available from players who have the tech already.  If you see someone with beam or a new hull you can hit their base for a chance of the BP dropping.

• Shai'tan
    Shai'tan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 36
    well its not TOO bad. I only had to spend 40 coins on repairs to kill one 50. although i believe i know a way to kill them with minimal repairs.

the catch: it will take 3 totally different fleets.

• SokarOSP
    SokarOSP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 325

Great idea in theory, drop rate is ****, i dont wanna farm **** vegas all day long, of the 60+ lvl 27 vegas ive hit so far today ive got 4 BP's, not even full BP's, just fragments. that needs sorting.

Burn it all
  • Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 3,319

Great idea in theory, drop rate is ****, i dont wanna farm **** vegas all day long, of the 60+ lvl 27 vegas ive hit so far today ive got 4 BP's, not even full BP's, just fragments. that needs sorting.

But that is why you can buy them. Don't want to put the time or effort in. Charge it lol.

Hell ya 08/30/2013 I finally became a UNICORN OVERLORD       (It only took 2 years 6 months lmao)
    kix1

• CM Skeedorr
    CM Skeedorr
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,701

Remember that blueprint drop rates are not 100% and there is always the chance that you will not get them. As stated early in this thread it is a good idea to try and collect the earlier blueprint fragments before tackling the Elite VEGAs.

• Recced
    Recced
    Minor Nuisance

Remember that blueprint drop rates are not 100% and there is always the chance that you will not get them. As stated early in this thread it is a good idea to try and collect the earlier blueprint fragments before tackling the Elite VEGAs.

I Would  but so far out of nearly 120 in planet vegas i have hit i haven't received 1 BP piece either i have lousy luck or your drop rate is way way too low

• Tigerj
    Tigerj
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 340

If any of you play Battle Pirates, don't expect to get these Blue Prints right away...It can take you a week or longer just to complete 1 item. I have known some in Battle Pirates who are very active that took them over a month just to complete an item..