ALTS ARE OUT OF CONTROL

GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 450

Look i get that Kixeye have 1 account per platform but i feel like the alt situation is out of control

What are the rest of you guys think on this

i personally have one Game on VC no others for i had my Secondary account banned yet i find that others are allowed to abuse the ToS to there advantage and get away with

GangstaSquirrel-SPQR

SPQR- Leader, General

Father of the republic of Squirrels

Game released 1st of June 2013

I started 3rd of June 2013

• TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389

2nd accounts shouldn't interact with each other in any way. 

• Arctic Wolf_01
    Arctic Wolf_01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 84
    One main account I see fine
    One Alt Account I also see fine
    It's when I know people who have 2-10 alt accounts is what I dislike.
    Don't bother asking me who they are, as I won't name any names

Vega Conflict: Arctic Wolf                 Born in Sector 600 on Planet 603                    Beta Player

I do not discriminate on who I hit in open space.
    If your base is level 32- 34 I will test it, and if you cry I will farm it. 

• DreadStorm
    DreadStorm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 355
    All I ever see in sector chat is people talking about their alternates - and I've only been playing for a couple days.. All they need to do is spy on the chat channels, and they'd go berserk on the ban hammer.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

VEGA Conflict: 6486271 (quit due to the idiocy of that Unity changeover's UI revamp)
    War Commander 2615750 (Level 44)
  • i_Nicked_Yer_Knickers
    i_Nicked_Yer_Knickers
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 95
    edited 10 Nov 2013, 6:59PM

Example

• GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
    GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 10 Nov 2013, 6:59PM
    Yea i straight up disaprove of alts period many games have been ruined because of it :(

GangstaSquirrel-SPQR

SPQR- Leader, General

• Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Yea i straight up disaprove of alts period many games have been ruined because of it :(

To the extent that alts can access each other I agree. Personally I started a second account but in a completely different galaxy. They have no way of communicating with each other or doing anything to help. Why you might ask? Because level 39 is boring and slow and I wanted to test the new stuff from a lower level player's perspective. I even managed to use that lower level account to prove the ability to kill level 35 cargoes with MD Talons with instant repair.

But when people decide to use alts in unison and work together like a 'family' then you are right - they ruin the game. Not everyone can manage that many, nor is it fair that one alt can hit the other for a frubbling exploit, etc.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
    GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
    Skilled Warrior
    bump...

just want to know what Kixeye thinks of this and what Kix are doing about the issue, other than forcing the community to go around policing there games for them??

GangstaSquirrel-SPQR

SPQR- Leader, General

• TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389

Yeap - Exactly why i have two accounts. Come to think of it, my level 35 alt account is getting sluggishly boring, guess i should just give that one away and start a new one. I find the beginning of VC quite fun. 

• OuchThatHurt
    OuchThatHurt
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 51

I have to say that people are abusing the whole 1 FB 1 kix account as is and have used them to attack in the same sector i've seen one guy with no less then 4 accounts in one sector and i ticketed this as he was using them to attack the same players and defend his base with spam fleets. 

I've also seen players using alts to port mains in which is interaction so yeah its becoming a problem, with medal events i'm sure people have used alts to get easy medals too.

I have one Kix and one FB account i play vega with they are in different sectors and have never interacted i don't have them friended so they can't even relocate to each other and that is how it should be.

Alts are the main reason I will never coin in this game some people will have the attitude that they should make as many alts as they can and use them them rather then coining and until this type of abuse can be stamped out of Vega i see no point in throwing money at it just to have some guy with 10 alts surpass my main account.

• Skylermoon12
    Skylermoon12
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 192
    edited 12 Nov 2013, 11:43AM
    1. your alts should not interact, you should not farm your alt, attack your alt base. 

2. 2 I have 3 teens in the house who are also playing vega, because I am their parent I have access to their accounts, so think about that one as well.  

3. If you really want to get a grip on the alts, then perhaps we should do something to make the game more fun, because at Level 36, this game is pretty **** boring. 

4. I have also started to play my personal alt because as stated above, the game has become boring, waiting for 17 hours for a CM to upgrade, 1.5 days to build a ship, 5 hours for repair time on a fleet of hawks. 

If I waste all my fleets on a battle then i have a good 12 hours of repair. Its just freaking annoying. So yeah, i play my alt, My alt is even in the same sector as me, but I keep the level low, and never interact with my main, this means no dual screen farming and no hitting my own base,  and now I basically use it to have fun, because at some point the only point of being a large level was to get bigger ships, and to use those ships to carebear, 

And for me Im a recovering carebear 

All Hail S.C.U.M.

If you want to fix the alts problem, make the game more fun, how to do that is the big question. 

Sha Ka Ree 

Exterminate! 

• MaTeRiX
    MaTeRiX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 46

Kixeye had rules before forbidding the use of alts but that changed due to complaints. However, there are thousands upon thousands of active players and only a handful of Kixeye employees out there to deal with issues like these. You can't expect miracles with such a large playerbase, and you can't expect Kixeye to hire a huge amount of people to fix this issue. It makes little sense from a game standpoint and even less sense from a business standpoint. This is hardly a game breaker. Even if they tried to put more manpower on this issue it would just mean less in other areas that we definitely do want ... like new content. Mmmmmmm new content.

Do what you've been doing. Report alt account abuse with accuracy and diligence. It does make a difference. And something Kixeye CAN do is get good at sifting through the accounts the player base gives them which inevitably comes with experience. They can't provide more manpower easily and we don't want that anyway so help them out by reporting these players yourselves. :)

• Skylermoon12
    Skylermoon12
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 192

They could also auto delete bases not logged into for 30+ days.. 

Sha Ka Ree 

Exterminate! 

• CM Skeedorr
    CM Skeedorr
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,701

Hey everyone. We are aware of the issue surrounding multiple accounts and I know for a fact that Customer Support is working hard to resolve this issue. However, with that being said in order for us to proactively work on this we need to have concise reports on the multiple account. Images of two accounts in one sector is a great help as having your alt account in the same sector as your main is not allowed. Furthermore the more information you can provide on the accounts in question the better. We have several measures in place to help with this, but the best help is reports from players.

• Salix caprea
    Salix caprea
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 42
    edited 13 Nov 2013, 12:05AM
    Really hard even posting comms that they saying hey im gonna log my alt and kill you then he do didnt get ppl ban. Also random relocate can put alt and main in same sector (happen to me once only time they was in same sector too) after 3 week that he got reported still there with both account.

• Salix caprea
    Salix caprea
    Potential Threat
    edited 13 Nov 2013, 12:17AM
    errrr
  • EQUINOX 600
    EQUINOX 600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 805

Personally i do not mind 1 ALT when it is used as away to start over in the game  and being completely separate from the main account. However more and  more i am seeing people have 2 3 4 or more alts seeded in different sectors and using them as away to jump back and forth. There are others that use alts to scout bases for there main account and more recently there was a player in 500 using an alt to scout player fleets so see what was in them and then sending out a fleet from his main account specifically to counter the ships in the fleet he scouted. Then there is the alts that created to troll the chat and i know there is a  mute button but that's not the point.

Those ships are silly the people would need to be the size of ants to use them.
  • Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 3,319

See Starting in BYM then into BP, alts were always taboo, but common. VC has become very open for alts due to the 1 account per platform thing. I play BYM (log in and collect play lol), BP, WC, and VC. I don't have time for alts lol. If ppl want to spend that time to have 1 fine. But as long as those alts are not used to aid the main or the other way around. I do see alot of ppl that have alts by making a false e-mail. Hell even a few that have a few lol. It will get to the point like in BP, where they started to just ban any alt even if it was another person playn. Caused alot of trouble. But due to the ppl that abuse the games to play cheap. Those who didn't do anything wrong payed the price too.

Hell ya 08/30/2013 I finally became a UNICORN OVERLORD       (It only took 2 years 6 months lmao)
    kix1

• Eddie C
    Eddie C
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 756

You risk being called a wuss if you have an alt. It speaks to me as saying: I cannot cope with all these guys so I must compensate for my inadequacies by having more accounts. I farm vegas very badly. I am antisocial and would just die if I ask for help. I do not mind bending rules of TOS so long as it goes my way, but when it does not, I scream **** murder.

Sorry guys, if the TUTU fits wear it proudly when everybody sees you have an alt. 

Only real men and women play 1 account. And if you are somehow neither man nor woman, more power to you. Yargh! B)

• Eddie C
    Eddie C
    Strike-force Captain

On a lighter note, My all time favorite tactic that every alt loves to do is spam fleet a base so their main can get in. That may very well be the nail in the coffin for the alt debate. I will never do that ever. I like to just stroll in with my fleet and hope I hit something. I win or fail makes no difference, but some shmucks take it so seriously. I call it going "Wrath of Khan". It is a game folks. Why so serioussssss.?

• Eddie C
    Eddie C
    Strike-force Captain

Oh yeah, I did notice that once you get to about level 39-ish, you have no one to hit. I like the fact that if you get too ambitious and build too fast you are stuck up there and cannot hit below. So I see why big players get an alt, they miss the FVF and base attacks. This may be a part of the game that Kix will have to fix, but there will be no easy solution. So my sympathies to big players out there, but I am still calling you a wuss if I catch you with an alt. LOL

• Gameking
    Gameking
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 64
    edited 15 Nov 2013, 2:59AM

why is this rule change explain kixeye  :(

Een goede SPELER wat de Regels Zullen Toko

• CM Skeedorr
    CM Skeedorr
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,701

@Quinten1921 Which rule change are you referring too?

• Gameking
    Gameking
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 64
    edited 15 Nov 2013, 3:08AM
    how many alt you can have on this game  and i hear that from willow gl he say that and say that it from cm skeedor comes

Een goede SPELER wat de Regels Zullen Toko

• SparkOneUP _GOAT
    SparkOneUP _GOAT
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 267

If you read CM's Skeedorrs comment above it says your alt is not allowed in the same sector as you main. Meaning you can have one alt account and one main account but they cant be located in the exact sector. Thats what I got out of it.

• SparkOneUP _GOAT
    SparkOneUP _GOAT
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 267

exact same sector*

• WreckTangle
    WreckTangle
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 109

i have my main. But my fiance plays my alt full time now. What about situations like that? Same planet. We are on at the same time sometimes of different laptops. We dont farm each other ect....

• Fear Battlevortex
    Fear Battlevortex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 282

There are obviously going to be exceptions to everything, but if you stay within the parameters of the original rules, and not being a douche bag, I am sure you will be fine. In your case Wreck, you should just say that the "Alt" is simply your Wife's account and be done with it.

Alt Responsibly!

Fear of Battle Vortex
    http://www.BattleVortex.tv

BV Talk Live
    Wednesday 7:30 PM PST War Commander 
    Thursday 5:00 PM PST Battle Pirates - 7:00 PM VEGA Conflict
    Friday 6:00 PM PST War Commander Latino
  • Salix caprea
    Salix caprea
    Potential Threat
    edited 16 Nov 2013, 12:37AM

Hey everyone. We are aware of the issue surrounding multiple accounts and I know for a fact that Customer Support is working hard to resolve this issue. However, with that being said in order for us to proactively work on this we need to have concise reports on the multiple account. Images of two accounts in one sector is a great help as having your alt account in the same sector as your main is not allowed. Furthermore the more information you can provide on the accounts in question the better. We have several measures in place to help with this, but the best help is reports from players.

Also it well said in TOS 1 account facebook 1 account kixeyes not more.

• TrollSlayerr
    TrollSlayerr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 93

i sent  repport with player id(s) / nicknames  /locations  
    .u only ask  user ID  anyway.
    don't say it should be a picture because obviously u can   scan a database with numbers but
    not with pictures or change the repport form anyway ;
    after repport the guy never gone /reloc ...
    3 times  repport then gave up  of course
  • Cliffsam98
    Cliffsam98
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,652

I had an alt once, then I stopped playing it because I needed to upgrade something, and I have never touched that account again...  Rest in Peace CaptainAardvark.

Forged from the flame of the original wars in the 8000s.      VEGA Conflict: Sadistic Intent      Original Sector: 8300

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator.
    No longer the only man with sexy black and white KIX pony pic.  It does look better on me though :p