Languages in Chat rooms.

Modest Elitist
Modest Elitist
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,928
edited 11 Jul 2013, 12:30PM
Over the past week I've been seeing a lot more arabic-speaking people on chat, that's good don't get me wrong but the TOS clearly states to speak English or use a translation service.Today I saw someone speak arabic to another(both spoke) then that person said **** you to that other person so he knew how to speak english. Need I continue? You need a way to enforce the rules of TOS even if it is just for languages, if the chat detects someone speaking something other than english, send them a popup telling them to speak english.THAT simple.

If you don't believe me, see for yourself below.
EDIT: according  to Mr. Rich the rules I just stated were for forums apparently but my argument still stands, in a website dominated by the english language, they should keep it english or provide support for other languages.
Level:100
Played Originally in Nov 2011.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    That use of English is purely for the Forum, and does not cover chat.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    That use of English is purely for the Forum, and does not cover chat.
    So IS there any established rules for chat?
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    edited 11 Jul 2013, 1:29PM
    we will not be stopping users from using their native language in chat. There aren't any specific rules for site chat, so they will be managed pretty much the same as in game chat.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    we will not be stopping users from using their native language in chat. There aren't any specific rules for site chat, so they will be managed pretty much the same as in game chat.
    ok, thanks for the clarification.
This discussion has been closed.