Weapon for base Defenses.

RANGEMASTER6
RANGEMASTER6
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 694
Curently i have L5 Laser turret,L3 Railgun,&L2 Plasma Cannon.And i mix them into 3 combination.
And curently i unlocking the polaron beam,but it look from the Stats this turret its bad.
So did Polaron beam are worth to Equiped into a turret thx.
  • UniSol
    UniSol
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 26
    I always find those little IP tracking/display pictures funny. XD
    War Commander - Sector 366 - Level 32

Battle Pirates - Sector 133 - Level 20

Vega Conflict - Sector 6100 - Level 25

• Holy_Salmon
    Holy_Salmon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 340
    Curently i have L5 Laser turret,L3 Railgun,&L2 Plasma Cannon.And i mix them into 3 combination.
    And curently i unlocking the polaron beam,but it look from the Stats this turret its bad.
    Polaron anything is garbage. Polaron currently has no practical role other than to invite the ridicule of those who see you use it on bases or ships.
  • PalTheCow
    PalTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 2,988
    Polaron anything is garbage. Polaron currently has no practical role other than to invite the ridicule of those who see you use it on bases or ships.
    Don't listen to Holy RANGEMASTER.I have a base full of Heavy Polaron Beams and I have stopped tons of Venom and Exo attacks.At first glance they seem really bad but when you know how to use them right they're awesome.
    Moo
  • TermiN4tor
    TermiN4tor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 258
    high lvl polaron are great,in ships lvl3 and above can take lvl 40 battleships in 2 hits the setback is the 5 sec reload time
  • RANGEMASTER6
    RANGEMASTER6
    Strike-force Captain
    So curently 2 people saying polaron its a good turret when its lv 3 above?
    Ok i gonna upgrade it if they were good.
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,789
    Polarons way back at game start were ok, if not a bit overpowered.

However, KE nerfed them to the point of castration one fine day.

Since that time, they have been garbage for both ships and base.

The 'helpful' posters who recommend them either want you to waste research time or build a hopeless base.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• PalTheCow
    PalTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 8 Jul 2013, 5:09PM
    Polarons way back at game start were ok, if not a bit overpowered.

However, KE nerfed them to the point of castration one fine day.

Since that time, they have been garbage for both ships and base.

The 'helpful' posters who recommend them either want you to waste research time or build a hopeless base.
    I'am actually trying to give some sold base advice to RANGEMASTER.
    Moo
  • Cougar_Bait
    Cougar_Bait
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 201
    I use a mix of plasma chargers and polaron,can't say how good it is as i hardly ever get hit but fast energy amd clouds of plasma should nip dodge tactics in the bud pretty quick.

Narcosis   6105
  • B0SS
    B0SS
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,760
    I use a mix of plasma chargers and polaron,can't say how good it is as i hardly ever get hit but fast energy amd clouds of plasma should nip dodge tactics in the bud pretty quick.

Narcosis   6105
    Horrible combo,  Polaron sucks, its the worst weapon in the entire game, the DPS is too low to kill anything, and due to the long range the Polaron can even MISS, I've seen it miss A LOT of times.

Also with that combo, you will get easily killed by a skilled player using Broads or Longbows equipped with Mass Driver, since Destroyers with MD outrange both Chargers and Polaron.

• RANGEMASTER6
    RANGEMASTER6
    Strike-force Captain
    so actualy polaron its a garbage weapon?(never tried it though)
    My current combo:lv5 laser,lv 3 Railgun,Lv2 Plasma charge
  • PalTheCow
    PalTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    The Polaron Beam is really the best weapon in the game.
    Moo
  • Rob U
    Rob U
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 122
    pal196 said:
    Ok, Ill bite.  What planet is your base on.  Until I see it inaction I'm simply not going to believe you.
  • PalTheCow
    PalTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    Rob U said:
    pal196 said:
    Ok, Ill bite.  What planet is your base on.  Until I see it inaction I'm simply not going to believe you.
    Alright,you got me.RANGE,the Polaron Beam really is garbage and don't bother unlocking it right now.Plasma Chargers are really good at defense and do quiet a bit of damage.Keep a Guass Gun,Mass Driver,or Plasma Torpedo's next to Plasma Chargers because they can be out ranged by Broadswords with Mass Drivers.1 or 2 Heavy Beam Lasers can be helpful if your base keeps getting rushed.I hope this info was helpful.

Moo
  • Lunar Razor
    Lunar Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,444
    and keep your lasers guarded ...good to have it on your bridge and maybe 2 or so more then a mix of chargers and torps...when you get the researches done 

• RANGEMASTER6
    RANGEMASTER6
    Strike-force Captain
    Pal so you actualy trolling me?Because first you saying nonsense,bcause venom&exo having big Hp meanwhile even maxed one cant kill a single of them.
    And when you realize polaron actualy baitable same like railgun,& i attack a base full of polaron,3 Polaron attacking my Exo,and they deal a really small dmg.
  • B0SS
    B0SS
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,760
    Pal so you actualy trolling me?Because first you saying nonsense,bcause venom&exo having big Hp meanwhile even maxed one cant kill a single of them.
    And when you realize polaron actualy baitable same like railgun,& i attack a base full of polaron,3 Polaron attacking my Exo,and they deal a really small dmg.
    Of course hes trolling, but if you had at least some common sense you would know that Polarons are garbage by just looking at its stats.

• PalTheCow
    PalTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    B0SS said:
    Of course hes trolling, but if you had at least some common sense you would know that Polarons are garbage by just looking at its stats.
    What BOSS said,and how did you not figure out I was trolling?It was really obvious considering you knew the stats of the Polaron Beam.
    Moo