what's the best weapon to put in Bridge ?

The Aries
The Aries
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 722
hey guys.
Bridge is essential for the defense of a base, because it has more health than a CombatModule, then I would know the opnion of you on what would be the best weapon to put in Bridge.
I have in my Bridge, PlasmaChargers, but it seems that this weapon can be easily destroyed by "Destroyers with Mass Drivers". What do you guys think?

[VIDEO] VEGA Universe History in more than 120 Screenshots

[VIDEO] Cinematic Film about Story/Lore of the VEGA Universe

[VIDEO] Blood Amber mysteries (Cinematic Trailer)

• Cougar_Bait
    Cougar_Bait
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 201
    If your bridge is getting wrecked by mass drivers then put a deflection shield on that'll slow down the mass drivers.

Narcosis   6105

• Ken McGuire
    Ken McGuire
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 153
    I have had my best long range weapon on my bridge (currently plasma torpedos) since I built my base so that it can help a bit with my whole base defense.  But I have seen a fair number of bases that use lasers on the bridge as a point defense against blitzing - and when a (stupid) fleet gets in range, it is dies fairly fast.  It is a balancing act - to stop both blitz and range attacks, and it sounds like you need the most help with range, and so go (like me) with something that will engage at the longest range you can.
    Prize Hulls - Barracuda, Goliath, Spectre, Super Fortress, BB-A, Levi-A, FF-A, Hurricane, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer-X, Light Cruiser, LC-X, Battlecruiser, BC-X, Battleship, Strike Cruiser, Missile Cruiser, Missile Cruiser-X, Interdictor, Dreadnought-X
    Weapon Blueprints finished - 16 July 2012, Armor Blueprints finished - 21 Dec 2012
  • Autumn_Equinox
    Autumn_Equinox
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 145
    can't go wrong with chargers or laser.
  • Sirenity
    Sirenity
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 732
    I have a maxed out laser on my Bridge. I've seen a Bridge with a plasma torp on it and the ships just sat on top of the Bridge taking it out. I do have 4 plasma torps as well which help with the long range attacks. 
  • Jason Halls
    Jason Halls
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 546
    I've a level 4 plasma (soon to be 5).

Not much point putting range on there unless all other towers are unable to be hit without being fired upon by whatever you have on  the CS
    http://www.lanse.co.uk
    Windows 7 x64
    (SP1 + Patches)
    Firefox 
    (current release)
    Flash 11.6
    Vega user 20250
    BYM User 1985

• Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Always accompany your Chargers with something long range (preferably Torps) in order to keep away the sniping Destroyers + Mass Drivers.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • Lunar Razor
    Lunar Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,444
    i was  wondering the same thing ...probably gonna put laser on there but really want to protect from blitzes since they are whats popular at the moment 

• RANGEMASTER6
    RANGEMASTER6
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 694
    I put plasma charger on the Bridge,your bridge must can handdle any kind of threat,so its better with the plasma charge/torpedo