an answer to high lvl anti-matter problems

Lioness_Heart
Lioness_Heart
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 470

ok i know many of you will not be fans of this and please read before you comment

my solution to the anti-matter problem (if the AM in the cargos are not increased) would be for the bases to recieve a small number of antimatter mines But only after reaching Bridge lvl 5 example 1 or 2 mines should give a small balance to the anti-matter shortage i believe this would also promote base hitting for mines left un attended aswell as FVF with people trying to steal the resources from base hitting fleets and i think this would promote more people to instantly repair a fleet to attack the next base to get a larger AM pay out ofcourse the resources produced would maybe equal 1/2 of the resources a lvl 10 mine produces when the AM mine reaches lvl 10 the exact mathmatics of what it should produce at what lvl will be totaly up to kixeye but i believe this would be a great commodity to the game and even out the resources a tad bit (i know AM is supposed to be harder to get and agree it should be but the requiered AM for the larger upgrades is rediculous thats why i propose this only be implamented for players with lvl 5 bridges

please feel free to leave your comments below as im sure many of you will........ but use constructive critisism the pros and cons of having an AM mine in your base at bridge lvl 5

"Without failure and defeat, you fail to rise above it." By Lioness_Heart

deer grammer nazis. Im Playcing this hear to specifikally distroy you're intire day. May korecting this be the 
onely thing you thinc abowt all fookin weak.?

• DigitalChaos
    DigitalChaos
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 260
    i appreciate you put the effort into the AM miner pic, but just no :/

If there was miners, for AM...i honestly wouldnt need to leave my base.   However i do believe there need to be higher AM in VEGA's, cos its ridiculous now.  Double them, it is boring.
  • Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    Yeah we get too little AM for what we have to go through, you don't wan't to waste a good fleet either hitting an AM cargo or hitting a base and finding nothing in it.

• Lioness_Heart
    Lioness_Heart
    Skilled Warrior

i compleatly agree thats why i sugest 1 or 2 AM mines for reaching bridge 5 if kixeye does not double the AM in the cargos............ a 30 AM cargo fleet gives more am then a 40 thats whats crazy the larger fleets reguardles if they have more resources should have the most resources of what everyone needs the most of i think a lvl 40 should have 1mil AM in it and 2mil of a mix of the rest of the resources over 1/3 of the cargo should be AM though

deer grammer nazis. Im Playcing this hear to specifikally distroy you're intire day. May korecting this be the 

• Lioness_Heart
    Lioness_Heart
    Skilled Warrior
    and thank you guys for not being rude and replying i appriciate it

• Lioness_Heart
    Lioness_Heart
    Skilled Warrior
    add it to events the XD

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Antimatter is meant to be more difficult to obtain, which is why there are not antimatter mines in bases. The only way i could see this being viable is if we recieved these by some sort of event.
    AM is basically Vega thorium, if it's meant to be so difficult why do the basic of researches/upgrades cost insane amounts?

• GG ODIN
    GG ODIN
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 38

Really great Idea Lioness!

• DoomsdayRebel_X
    DoomsdayRebel_X
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,932
    edited 9 Jul 2013, 2:40PM
    Just bookmark all the antimatter spawn points and hit them when they launch.   AM is really easy to get in my opinion,  it might take you 30-45 min or so to get 2-6 million worth.  Fairly easy.
  • DoomsdayRebel_X
    DoomsdayRebel_X
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,932
    Antimatter is meant to be more difficult to obtain, which is why there are not antimatter mines in bases. The only way i could see this being viable is if we recieved these by some sort of event.
    AM is basically Vega thorium, if it's meant to be so difficult why do the basic of researches/upgrades cost insane amounts?
    You can't even compare AM with that crackhead resource called Thorium.   Thorium made me stop playing WC, I got tired of looking for Thorium Depos that never spawn, yet AM is easy to get.
  • The Retaliator
    The Retaliator
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 126
    yes its hard to get. yes im always overfl.owing with other resources and out of AM. but thats the point in having a valuable resource. it gives something to fight over.
    its a reason to hit bases. which promotes fun play and conflict.
    I actually try not to hit mnes or silos when hitting a base, as i dont want to max out my cargo capacity on useless resources which im overflowing with, instead i try to only hit the bridge and AM storage while leaving the other silos. of course thats not always possible, but it adds another fun aspect to base attacking, how to attack while avoiding destroying their regular silos/mines.
  • Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    yes its hard to get. yes im always overfl.owing with other resources and out of AM. but thats the point in having a valuable resource. it gives something to fight over.
    I actually try not to hit mnes or silos when hitting a base, as i dont want to max out my cargo capacity on useless resources which im overflowing with, instead i try to only hit the bridge and AM storage while leaving the other silos. of course thats not always possible, but it adds another fun aspect to base attacking, how to attack while avoiding destroying their regular silos/mines.
    No it doesn't, no one fights over AM cargo and no one certainly hits a base for AM simply because no one has it.

• RANGEMASTER6
    RANGEMASTER6
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 694
    true lol,i never can have a large ammount of antimatter,bcausei only can hit lv 20 AM
  • The Black Skull
    The Black Skull
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 506

I like the idea of some sort of AM generator but in all honesty it's an easy way out and I like the fact there is actually a resource that cannot be mined but is still fairly easy to get slightly more.

As Doomsday Rebel said, it may take you a bit of time but farming AM cargos all the way to 30 is easy with talons or exos once you have them and you can take millions by chasing them as they spawn throughout a couple of systems which is usually what I do too as most bases are broke because as soon as you have what you need you spend it.

I do agree that some of the upgrades and researches, ship bay 10 is around 21 mil AM and shock 5 is around 40 mil iirc, are insane and think kix could maybe slightly increase the given amounts in planetary fleets.

My own preferred solution would be to have a single AM fleet up to 35 launch from a VEGA complex with each 30 minute cycle along with 3 of the mixed cargo fleets as generally a lot of these simply go to waste and are of no use as they warp away. I think larger sector AM fleets will almost always be used and it would be better to have 5 of these per system than another 5 ordinary cargo fleets.

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,789
    Let us use fleets to mine the AM artifacts in Planet View.

THAT would stimulate FvF lickety-split.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Lioness_Heart
    Lioness_Heart
    Skilled Warrior

i do like the idea of a larger amount of AM thats why i said if cargo AM resources were not increased specificaly the AM on the vegas

Antimatter in bases are actually rather low im lucky to get 100k AM from a base and yes thats with hitting the AM storages first thats why i also suggest AM mines in bases to allow a larger amount of AM to be taken from the bases aswell

IDK about the rest of you but 100K am is hardly worth the effort considering there are some researches that requier 22-44mil AM just to research it

• FuzzyKitten
    FuzzyKitten
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 60
    I like this idea. Some fleet repairs do cost AM to initiate and if you just got cleaned out by a base hit and if you can't go get more, 1 or 2 AM RGs would be fairly nice to have. Not anything like on the order of normal Res production, more like 1k AM every 12 hrs? enough to repair your fleet or two and go get some more the normal way.

Good idea Lioness. and the artwork is interesting :D nice 'chop.
    BP: lvl 60 Raids : ALL OF THEM! (till june 2013 when i finally gave up playing)
    Vega: lvl 38 (for now). Flight Instructor for 500 Scourge.
    WC: NONE (haha)
    Hitman: "No June event has not been push back to 4th of July.  " double negatives! Clarity at last!
    Fear me, for I am Disarmingly cute. 
    The M's awesome BP Special's guide here as well...