Mobile and desktop kixeye website feedback

Nyen
Nyen
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 1,653
Personally I believe the mobile site needs a overhaul.
I am using safari with the latest iOS update to keep a close eye the forums when I am out and about.

Quite frankly, the mobile browsing experience is ****. I am a heavy tab browser type of person and just like in the desktop version, pages load up with all the content, then sometime throws all of that away and reloads it again. (I have a hunch it has something to do with that intergated tab browing, more in that later) Combined with relatively slow mobile Internet and apple's absolutely wonderful feature of auto refreshing pages does not help much at all. While I'm at it, you can't view another page of a thread, it is always stuck on page one, attempting to do so will only result in a page refresh.

I'd wish kixeye made fheir website simple, not trying to be fancy focus on functionality. It's a mobile website for crying out loud! Look at facebook and and 4chan mobile/ios website, its simple, they have a nice sidebar and best of all, it works!

About that intergrated tabbed browsing. A+ for creativity and innovation but its not practical or just need some (major) improvements. If you don't know what I am talking about go and open a kixeye game under the games drop down menu and notice how a "tab" opens up in the topbar. So Why isn't it practical? Because auch feature already exists. Kixeye aims their games at hardcore players, and just generalising here but hardcore gamers know how to use their PC efficiently. One part involves making use of tabbed browsing feature included in their browser.
Admin of war commander wiki and vega-conflict wiki.
WC Tech admin. Please like WC tech for the latest WC news and tips.
WC:Level 40 - RETIRED
 (\__/)
 (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
 (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Nyen
    Nyen
    Excuse me for my careless mistakes, typing all that with an iPhone is something I don't want to do too often.
     (\__/)
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    I agree that the mobile site needs a LOT of work.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    A few of your points are already being addressed - especially the unable to get passed the first page. I know also that there are some other changes coming, which should resolve a lot of things. The page reloading is something that is necessary at this time - it only affects those who like to have multiple tabs - like you and me. So i have a vested interest in getting that looked at and fixed - if at all possible.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Nyen
    Nyen
    It has been a month now, I do not see any obvious improvements with the mobile browsing experience. I am still unable to view pages of mulipage threads other than page 1. Is the team really working on it?
     (\__/)
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    yes really.

Will try and get an update on that as it has been an issue for a while now.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.