Need help with Objective - "Defeat a level 7 cargo fleet" please

Mancunian_Nick
Mancunian_Nick
Greenhorn
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 13
Hi Guys. Still loving this game but still a relative newbie, although up to level 12 now. :)

I've got this objective to cover and to be frank, I'm finding it very difficult as the enemy ships seem much higher in level to me although I'm informed the (7) on the planet map indicates a level 7 'player' (or computer controlled whatever they're called :)) and possibly shooting missiles at me as all my ships are getting killed very quickly despite me having relatively good armour and weapons - or at least I think so. 

Can anyone kindly give me some good, easy to understand tips or solution to the best way of completing this objective please? Unfortunately the tutorial doesn't seem to cover this. :(

Thanks, Nick
  • DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,966
    Nick you have to avoid the missiles by moving your ships away from them. Its tricky at first, but once you learn how its easy.
  • TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389
    LVL 7 Cargo doesn't have missiles? The longbow's railguns are the main problem. 
  • DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,966
    LVL 7 Cargo doesn't have missiles? The longbow's railguns are the main problem. 
    He's talking about the railguns. I was too.
  • Mancunian_Nick
    Mancunian_Nick
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 13
    Ah railguns, yes that would be it. So what level of shielding would be best to neutralise that do you think? And what ships/weapons would you use to beat a longbow? I'm hoping to build some of those of my own once I've upgraded the necessary base items to do that. :P
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    Moving thread as this is not a Player Guide.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Dr. Cheeseburger
    Dr. Cheeseburger
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 47
    Nick, Longbows are slow, weak, and big.

Just use strafe to dodge the shots and try to get some shots in, because Longbows have just 40 HP without armor.

I'm pretty sure you have Harrier Frigates by now, so maybe you can strike back with your own railguns, or learn how to rotate your ships to bombard them with Pulse lasers.

Scatter Missiles are also effective in destroying small ships.
    I   W  NT  M

oom
    oom
    m

ooiwdgrbgerkubyeurbkuyebrugbkeyhbtyhk
    WHAT A HANDSOME FACE
    oomoomomomomomo moo moo moo find mem
    ergboltihnlyinihntbutlnwstulbnlthbkjbnfindmejbiehfbrkbrgbkwbyhkjbkjsbkjybkjwybfjkbkrjybgkjybjkbykbkabskfbfindmeiornienrtioneaefarg
  • Herald of Tzeentch
    Herald of Tzeentch
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,322
    Hi Guys. Still loving this game but still a relative newbie, although up to level 12 now. :)

I've got this objective to cover and to be frank, I'm finding it very difficult as the enemy ships seem much higher in level to me although I'm informed the (7) on the planet map indicates a level 7 'player' (or computer controlled whatever they're called :)) and possibly shooting missiles at me as all my ships are getting killed very quickly despite me having relatively good armour and weapons - or at least I think so. 

Can anyone kindly give me some good, easy to understand tips or solution to the best way of completing this objective please? Unfortunately the tutorial doesn't seem to cover this. :(

Thanks, Nick
    a fleet of genesis will take care of 1-10 planet cargos easy, beam laser 1 and scatter mssl 2.
    Carebear Flu (C4B3 virus) symptoms : hot-flashes, tearing of the eyes, raw-throat, pain in the hands or fingers, sore knees, lower-back or buttock pain.

• Holy_Salmon
    Holy_Salmon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 340
    You can beat it with 2 Harriers. Install shields. I prefer Beam-lasers over anything else.

line the harriers up so both are basically toughing one infront, one behind lined up with the enemy fleet. Select both and move towards the enemy. Then when the rails fire, you strafe side to side. Dodging the rail guns. The guns fire to where your trajectory WILL take you, not to where you are.

So if your strafe direction is UP the rails will fire to where you will be if you continue that path. Then you strafe down, missing the rail fire..

Repeat this process.

You can also do this with more than 2 harriers. Just have multiple groupings of 2 all faced the enemy fleet. And you can strafe the group as a whole dodging the rails if you leave 2 ship widths between each pair of 2.
  • Dr. Cheeseburger
    Dr. Cheeseburger
    Potential Threat
    XxJANNOxX wrote: »
    image />
    How to beat level7 cargo video.
    Personally, I think that this strategy is amazing, but hard to execute.

Anyone who is L21 will have already implemented their own longbows, genesis, and harriers to aid them in combat.

I can personally rid a L7 fleet using a single Talon with no damage.

I   W  NT  M

oom
    oom
    m

WHAT A HANDSOME FACE
    ergboltihnlyinihntbutlnwstulbnlthbkjbnfindmejbiehfbrkbrgbkwbyhkjbkjsbkjybkjwybfjkbkrjybgkjybjkbykbkabskfbfindmeiornienrtioneaefarg
  • Dr. Cheeseburger
    Dr. Cheeseburger
    Potential Threat
    I can personally rid a L7 fleet using a single Talon with no damage.
    But that's not all I do. I attack Antimatter Cargoes and fleets up to L17 with barely any loss.

I guess I'm just scared of VEGA Cargoes, because I am just a L24...

I   W  NT  M

oom
    oom
    m

WHAT A HANDSOME FACE
  • RANGEMASTER6
    RANGEMASTER6
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 694
    The 2 Artilery Railgun are the problem.
    First:try to destroying the small ship with cruiser.
    Second:Avoid the Cruiser from Artilery range.
    Third :use Frigate to flanking the artilery(right click on the space,while avoiding railgun),and you just defeat them.