Sidebar problems

revird
revird
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 49

I try to keep Battle Pirates room open, but it keeps disapearing,

I have unchecked VEGA Conflict and War Commander, but they still display when I come on or refresh,

Why arent these things tested before implementing them?

Revird User ID 2633355 Level 77 

Hammerhead, Barracuda, Goliath,  Battle Cruiser, Strike Cruiser, Super Fortress. Mauler, EMP Gun, Stingray and a few other hulls that will never be built..
  • lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,133
    i want the option to get the forum on full screen again, i dont want that crap open and taking up room

..sliceNdice said:
    Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    edited 26 Jun 2013, 12:00AM
    Are you not able to change the settings?

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Scurvy
    Scurvy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 624
    i want the option to get the forum on full screen again, i dont want that crap open and taking up room

There is a slide option (I just found it myself). About midway down on the left side of the chat window, move your cursor until it changes. You can resize it until off the screen. 
  • lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,133
    got it sorted thx

..sliceNdice said:
    Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • revird
    revird
    Potential Threat
    Ascension said:
    Are you not able to change the settings?

No I have made the changes that I want including the names or battlenames, but when I log back in the settings have gone back to everything..

Hammerhead, Barracuda, Goliath,  Battle Cruiser, Strike Cruiser, Super Fortress. Mauler, EMP Gun, Stingray and a few other hulls that will never be built..
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470

No I have made the changes that I want including the names or battlenames, but when I log back in the settings have gone back to everything..

Can i just confirm a couple of things - which browser do you use? and do you open up multiple tabs for the site?
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • gray beard
    gray beard
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 332
      the slide bar isn't sliding - just more crud taking up room
    graybeard
  • Dr_Sheldon_Cooper
    Dr_Sheldon_Cooper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 68
    edited 26 Jun 2013, 4:25PM
    Where can I deactivate this sidebar completely? 
    It is already really annoying that every time, after the site is loaded fully once, it es disappearing and rebuild (i guess with javascript).
    Now I have to scroll away this new "feature" for every new tab - this is extremely annoying!

Other questions:
    Why are you implementing such stuff but not an "bright theme"? I hate this dark theme!
    Why is it still not possible to search just the battle pirates forums?
    “[..]Und da steht weiter: Ich will große Rachetaten an denen vollführen, die da versuchen meine Brüder zu vergiften und zu vernichten, und mit Grimm werde ich sie strafen, dass sie erfahren sollen, ich sei der Herr, wenn ich meine Rache an ihnen vollstreckt habe!“ **BAMMBAMMMBAMMBAMMMBAMM**
    - Pulp Fiction, Ezekiel 25, 17 -
  • revird
    revird
    Potential Threat

Can i just confirm a couple of things - which browser do you use? and do you open up multiple tabs for the site?
    Internet explorer 9 and i only open one window, Battle Pirates, If my system lags to much and stops I need to refresh, and all options in the settings have been ticked again, I keep turning off Show Vega, Show War, and Enable profanity buttons, click the cog again to close the settings window, all is ok until I need to refresh, or sometimes while I swap back and forth from map to base, sometimes battle pirates chat isnt active, to turn it on, I go to settings, turn off bp chat then back on again, click the cog and bp chat is back.

• revird
    revird
    Potential Threat
    this problem is still anoying me, it seems it doesnt remembe any of m settings, I hve tried wth Internet Eplorer, Chrome, Maxhon and Avant browsers, nothing makes any differance, when I come on I have to turn off the options I dont want, ten if I get a flash crash as happens so many times wth your games, I have to redo all the options again....

• Ch-Change
    Ch-Change
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 145
    I use Chrome.

I always close the chat panel.

Almost everytime I open the game, the chat is back taking up screen space.

Only one tab.

I set to offline. It's back more often than not.

I close all chats (bp, wc, vc). It's back more often than not.

It's annoying. I don't wanna chat with every single player on bp, wc, and vc.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 3 Jul 2013, 12:28PM
    revird said:
    Internet explorer 9 and i only open one window, Battle Pirates, If my system lags to much and stops I need to refresh, and all options in the settings have been ticked again, I keep turning off Show Vega, Show War, and Enable profanity buttons, click the cog again to close the settings window, all is ok until I need to refresh, or sometimes while I swap back and forth from map to base, sometimes battle pirates chat isnt active, to turn it on, I go to settings, turn off bp chat then back on again, click the cog and bp chat is back.
    hmm, ok for one tab that is unusual then.

but I do have some good news, we are currently testing the fix for this, and if that goes well the fix should be released next week. I'm also hoping that it will resolve your issue revird.

Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • majordisaster
    majordisaster
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 182
    revird said:

I try to keep Battle Pirates room open, but it keeps disapearing,

I have unchecked VEGA Conflict and War Commander, but they still display when I come on or refresh,

Why arent these things tested before implementing them?

I am trying to keep all of the **** things closed, including using adblock (which did work for a couple days), but they keep coming back like a bad penny.  Going to tape over that side of the screen I guess.
  • revird
    revird
    Potential Threat
    revird said:<br />
    <br />
    KIXEYE Q Rich said:<br />
    Can i just confirm a couple of things - which browser do you use? and do you open up multiple tabs for the site?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Internet explorer 9 and i only open one window, Battle Pirates, If my system lags to much and stops I need to refresh, and all options in the settings have been ticked again, I keep turning off Show Vega, Show War, and Enable profanity buttons, click the cog again to close the settings window, all is ok until I need to refresh, or sometimes while I swap back and forth from map to base, sometimes battle pirates chat isnt active, to turn it on, I go to settings, turn off bp chat then back on again, click the cog and bp chat is back.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    hmm, ok for one tab that is unusual then.<br />
    <br />
    but I do have some good news, we are currently testing the fix for this, and if that goes well the fix should be released next week. I'm also hoping that it will resolve your issue revird.

Thankyou, I do like the chat, but find it anoying that I have to set it the way i want it every crash/refresh/startup

• Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    These issues should now be resolved.
This discussion has been closed.