censored words

Modest Elitist
Modest Elitist
Master Tactician
Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,305
edited 28 Jun 2013, 10:37PM
Here's a list of censored words in comms(note, most of these are derogatory terms terms versus races, ethnicity, or religion.Only the more extreme swear words are censored) where you can find the meanings for most of these words   Words Highlighted in blue are swear words, non- racist, religious-offensive, ethnic slur related.
wetback
gook
abo
beaner
F**k

coolie
darky
kike
niglet
raghead
spic
spearchucker
towel head
porch money

Words that should be censored:
wigger
taff
spick
****(Really?                                                               )
****  (         Why wasn't this censored in the first place?)

kaffir
jungle bunny
hillbilly
hajji

ΛNŦHIS OF ΣLΣCŦЯONIΛ                  
Finally Magic Bunny's reign of troll has ended! The ban hammer has swung!
Alliance: Dark Republic Legion[DRL] First played in November, 2011 Level: 66  go to http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php
to discuss BP freely.

• Mr Murdock
    Mr Murdock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 558
    All of these are censored because they are racist/sexist/insulting. Where are you going with this?
  • Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    Master Tactician
    All of these are censored because they are racist/sexist/insulting. Where are you going with this?
    Just wanted to make a list so everyone knows which ones are censored and I'm also making another list of words that should be censored in the future
                  ΛNŦHIS OF ΣLΣCŦЯONIΛ                  
    Alliance: Dark Republic Legion[DRL] First played in November, 2011 Level: 66  go to http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php
    to discuss BP freely.

• HAWKEYES33
    HAWKEYES33
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,191
    so abo is a slur or racist word? is that why about,above, and any other word strating with abo is censored?
  • bo_rg
    bo_rg
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 880
    edited 28 Jun 2013, 11:27PM
    so abo is a slur or racist word? is that why about,above, and any other word strating with abo is censored?
    had a conversation with somebody on my chat today about it sensoring about xD
    #teamkillerspacewhales   currently ----> borg - 15385 (level 47... yes im THAT guy and i love it)
  • Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    Master Tactician
    Abo is a derogatory term for australians.
                  ΛNŦHIS OF ΣLΣCŦЯONIΛ                  
    to discuss BP freely.

• Autumn_Equinox
    Autumn_Equinox
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 145
    I don't understand why **** and **** should be censored as it is the correct anatomical terms.  Conservative, much?  "Children play this game," isn't a valid excuse and they shouldn't be playing War Commander either where some of the tanks say "Let's **** **** up".  Perhaps you've forgotten the whole 'Freedom of Speech' thing.  Seeing as how I'm partially ****, the only word I find offensive is "oriental". 
  • Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    Master Tactician
    I don't understand why **** and **** should be censored as it is the correct anatomical terms.  Conservative, much?  "Children play this game," isn't a valid excuse and they shouldn't be playing War Commander either where some of the tanks say "Let's **** **** up".  Perhaps you've forgotten the whole 'Freedom of Speech' thing.  Seeing as how I'm partially ****, the only word I find offensive is "oriental". 
    If you've seen comms there is rarely any time **** and **** are used appropriately(no dirty jokes here).
                  ΛNŦHIS OF ΣLΣCŦЯONIΛ                  
    to discuss BP freely.

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    Paddy should be added seeing as it's a racist insult to Irish people, as well as limey (a brit)

• Autumn_Equinox
    Autumn_Equinox
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 145
    If you've seen comms there is rarely any time **** and **** are used appropriately(no dirty jokes here).
    I don't care if it's used it's it's correct context or not.  Censoring it is stupid. Freedom of speech was the core of the reply, or did that fly over your head as well?  It's understandable to censor racism, but it's about the same as me calling you a 'dang doodoo head' if I'm using the words '****' or '****'.
  • DoomsdayRebel_X
    DoomsdayRebel_X
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,932
    It is only Insulting if you are the kind of person that is narrow mined enough to let the words from another person bother you.

You know there is an old saying,   Sticks and Stones may break my bone, but WORDS WILL NEVER HARM ME.

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    It is only Insulting if you are the kind of person that is narrow mined enough to let the words from another person bother you.

You know there is an old saying,   Sticks and Stones may break my bone, but WORDS WILL NEVER HARM ME.

It annoys me which words they censor and which they don't, as far as words not harming....

• CM Skeedorr
    CM Skeedorr
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,701
    Thank you for the additional list of words in which you feel should be added. As stated in my previous post we are working hard to get everything that needs to be filtered, and the things that are still getting caught by accident unfiltered.  Hang in there and we will get this squared away.

• Lioness_Heart
    Lioness_Heart
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 470

reguardless if you ask me nothing should be sencored now because there is an ignore button for a reason someone says something you dont like then press it

dont act like a baby and most sencors people find a way around by adding )(*&^%$#@! ?><":}{| in its place so no need for a sencor if people can't be adult enough to hit the ignore button then they shouldnt play "simple as that"

"Without failure and defeat, you fail to rise above it." By Lioness_Heart

deer grammer nazis. Im Playcing this hear to specifikally distroy you're intire day. May korecting this be the 
    onely thing you thinc abowt all fookin weak.?

• Lioness_Heart
    Lioness_Heart
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 470
       Words Highlighted in blue are swear words, non- racist, religious-offensive, ethnic slur related.

realy **** is a swear word / religious offensive/ ethnic slur related ??????
    "Without failure and defeat, you fail to rise above it." By Lioness_Heart

deer grammer nazis. Im Playcing this hear to specifikally distroy you're intire day. May korecting this be the 
    onely thing you thinc abowt all fookin weak.?

• Power.Kane
    Power.Kane
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 7
    well i personalty thing abo should be cencered if its just abo but you cant type about without it making it look like ***ut
    **** and hillbilly? wtf why? seriously people just need to suck it up sometimes 
  • CM Skeedorr
    CM Skeedorr
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,701
    Update: As of last night's update the words "About" and "Above" will no longer display as censored.

• Shiboline
    Shiboline
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 442
    Bout bluddy time.

VEGA Conflict
    Shiboline - closed beta tester
    Starting Sector : 200
    Home
    : 203
    Level : 35

Mercenary For Hire - PM me

Furries in space =^-^=
  • Arctic Wolf_01
    Arctic Wolf_01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 84
    Here's a list of censored words in comms(note, most of these are derogatory terms terms versus races, ethnicity, or religion.Only the more extreme swear words are censored) where you can find the meanings for most of these words   Words Highlighted in blue are swear words, non- racist, religious-offensive, ethnic slur related.
    wetback
    gook
    abo
    beaner
    F**k

coolie
    darky
    kike
    niglet
    raghead
    spic
    spearchucker
    towel head
    porch money

Words that should be censored:
    wigger
    taff
    spick
    ****(Really?                                                               )
    ****  (         Why wasn't this censored in the first place?)

kaffir
    jungle bunny
    hillbilly
    hajji

I really hate to say this these are just words, only the person and/or people who take offend to them are the racist ones 
    Last time I looked outside my window or walking down the street I heard kids who are 10 dropping the F bomb and other bad words, who are we to provide such censorship to kids, when it's supposed to be the parents responsibility to monitor their kids actions in the first place.
    Vega Conflict: Arctic Wolf                 Born in Sector 600 on Planet 603                    Beta Player

I do not discriminate on who I hit in open space.
    If your base is level 32- 34 I will test it, and if you cry I will farm it. 

• zys123
    zys123
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,099
    Shiboline said:
    Bout bluddy time.

Come to think of it, we could have just said 'bout. :P

"Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools." ~Albert Einstein
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston Churchill
    "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." ~Sun Tzu
    "I intend to live forever. So far, so good." ~Steven Wright

~Leader of Oldest Active Alliance, RTTC~
    For applications and general details visit our main page.
    Author of the Most Extensive Frigate Textbook Around