Navigation Relay

• Plasma Overlord
    Plasma Overlord
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 44
    Relay sounds like a fine idea. Its a choice to use like anything else. Some like it, some don't. Camping would be an issue so possibly a no attack zone around the relay would be nice much like your implementation of the ring used for alliance guard? Since the question is whether players are vulnerable or not then no they should not. Why? If they are hit and sunk upon arriving then what's the point of using the relay when it would be easier to travel 3 hours to distant sector and afk? Sector 'police' can't cover the whole border. However with a 'no attack' zone, arriving players will be able to find a target and travel because of course we can't target fleets that are moving. After that they on their own.
    I like rocking the boat in my own little way. Keeps everyone either on their toes or on the rear. 
  • Arctic Wolf PEK
    Arctic Wolf PEK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 105
    Hate the idea, i just asked in comms what people think. nobody wants this, needs this and we all agree it is something we doubt we will use.....who chooses what updates we want??? ....certainly not the players it would seem.... we have been screaming out for a refit yard or (drydock) as some like to call it........
    Just another useless, unwanted feature and in the meantime we still put up with sos screens , blue screens, shockwave flash crash, battle has ended screens,  stuck in battle screens and fleets skidding across screens when in battle.
    Please fix what is broke first, then give us the refit yard we are ALL crying out for .
  • Glock_19
    Glock_19
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 53
    Just got off the test server.  This is an awesome feature.  Love it.  I do worry about SOS crashes upon landing.  

The only issue i had is that I was unable to see other fleets around me at times.  They were on radar, but no on screen.  Worry about what happens when 10,000 people start using this all at the same time.

I don't see how anyone wouldn't like this.  Reduce travel time and open up the number of bases available for hitting.  Are there other things we'd like to see fixed / changed - of course.  But that doesn't take away from the value of this system in my mind.
  • cl0wn
    cl0wn
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 34
    Don't care for this. Will it lead to more base attacks? YES. It will also allow  the the coiners and cheats to keep more and more lower level players for growing. Now it cost them at least time to travel a few sectors away. 
    Sick of seeing this as an excuse for EVERYTHING in these forums.  I grew up through the same crap in BP, and made it through just fine.  Nobody "held me down", coiners and hackers still existed last year, and the rest of todays lower levels will survive also.  Suck it up.
    lvl78,  sector 479

BB Alpha Alliance Leader

"Don't even think about fighting back, just sit there and continue licking windows...or the inside of your bubble"
  • Ben Phelps
    Ben Phelps
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 276
    Personally there should at least be like one minute protection. So that people have a chance of being hit if not paying attention. and if they are paying attention they can easily move fleets until one minute is up. they can still travel but if they stop they are vulnerable to attacks.
  • SPACEPIRATE1990
    SPACEPIRATE1990
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 88

Personally there should at least be like one minute protection. So that people have a chance of being hit if not paying attention. and if they are paying attention they can easily move fleets until one minute is up. they can still travel but if they stop they are vulnerable to attacks.
    i agree

• William Pike
    William Pike
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 412
    curious about one thing, as it stands now we are limited to travel within our 100 sectors, (I'm in 490 I can travel as far as 401 or 500 but not beyond), I would love to get into the 300s for some bases there, will we be able to travel that far with the relays? 
  • envoyofwar
    envoyofwar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 233
    after checking out the tower and giving it a couple go's   i think there's better things to be addressed in the game....   it did work well and graphics were ok....  
    envoy sector 2 and lovin it
  • UTE
    UTE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 101
    WE NEED A DRY DOCK TO DO DUAL BUILDS AND REFITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A NAVIGATION RELAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Home sector: 22
    Visited: 21, 22 ,35 ,44 ,56 ,71 ,86 , 106, 156, 170, 202, 206, 214, 220, 255, 258, 259, 260, 261, 291, 300, 301, 307, 308, 315, 321, 342, 356, 371, 374, 375, 400, 421, 451, 458, 459, 461, 465, 498, 500
    Is Dwight Schrute in charge of Kixeye's customer service? In the wild, there is no healthcare. In the wild healthcare is 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me, and I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead. -Dwight Schrute

"null, a great humanitarian." -IGW 
  • HempenHalter
    HempenHalter
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 8
    I like the fact that if my friends need help and I have just jumped I can get there if needed. I also see spawn jumpers coming to BP.
  • Lord_Percy_Jackson
    Lord_Percy_Jackson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 44
    We should be vulnerable,because just in case someone have to go,or they got SOS screen,and can't get back in the game,players should be able to camp inside the navigation relay.
  • WeThePeople
    WeThePeople
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,505
    I think the whole idea of having the Navigation Relay Network is crap.   I have sent my ships 6 12 24 hours away to hit a player i wanted to hit.
    Do u realy want people porting everywere LOL   this is just sad for a battle game with ships.  Its more like space game now.
    But if your going to do them lets make the fleets vulnerable to attacks.
    Not like a fleet is vulnerable when we hit a base.
    WeThePeople [FKU]...lvl 82

Coming to sector near U 

• bionic
    bionic
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 53
    while I can see that reduced  travel times would be a good  idea my personal feelings are that there area hell of a lot of other very long "times" that need looking at first.
    Its not that often that I travel more than 2 sectors for a return hit although we do send out and hide fleets in distant sectors then leave out a GB to see who hits it  now and again :-))

So for me its back to the old arguments/ requests  
    shorter build ..updates times 
    fix the build clock and lost resources glitches. I have watched my build clock jump from 12 hours to 15 and start counting up not down and counted 5 full salv fleet into base and only 2 actually added resources time after time.
    and importantly                             a second yard.
     yeh I know very old hat topic 
    yes I have a vested interest my hull backlog is now over 6 months solid build  and thats blood y silly  and have just been awarded Light Cruiser x ...wow
    and so  thats what so so many people have asked for for a long time ....have never seen anybody ask for a teleport to a distant sector  cos I thought we had one already .......................comes under the heading of                      "relocate"
    so my point is stop inventing stuff that nobody really needs and give us stuff we want
    Bionic sect 42 lvl 52
  • Richard Kennedy
    Richard Kennedy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 129
    It's funny...it's battle pirates, but no one seems to want to vulnerable in a FvF...only wanting to hit bases is kind of silly. As far as camping out to hit returning fleets...well there should be some risks....for balance.
  • Fleurie
    Fleurie
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 18
    Double Docks please? Double Shipyard please?

Hellstorm Anti-Penerating , Ballistic , Concussive please?
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,549
    Sounds good, but not a main concern for me. I'd rather have the glitches fixed. Especially sticky dock because its so annoying. The dry dock is certainly a great idea, and Alliance Allies would be terrific for sectors that stick together. Especially if we can guard an allies base.
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • skincanvas
    skincanvas
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 2
    How about just Fixing the game first before adding more problems. 
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
    How about just Fixing the game first before adding more problems. 

The team is constantly fixing issues, some of which are on the backend and cannot be seen. Also, it is not very constructive to make statements such as "FIX ALL THE THINGS!!!11".
    Anthony Sharma said:
    Ok one last comment before I log off. It doesn't work the way you think it works. Different parts of the team working on different things. Adding more resources only helps to a point. 9 women can't make a baby in 1 month. The issues are getting fixed at basically the same rate with an event as they would be without one. So to recap the 'let's not have event positions' Don't worry about the buffet getting bigger. You don't need to eat every dish. Not having events doesn't really get bugs fixed faster.
    Replace "events" with "new content."
  • Carnegie_SIASS
    Carnegie_SIASS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 380

I have to say , I appreciate a new feature . its always good to see developers looking to add new things.

however, i rather see other things done first before you add a new feature, all good adding new features but it better to sort what you have first.

i would prefer to see the the following first;

1. diagonal land tile placement like a poll i recently saw
    2. ability to refit and build new hull at same time
    3. alliance points awarded for non alliance bases but certainly FVF battles need to offer points. (should increase quota needed each week to accommodate newer ways to gain points)
    4. battle playback extended to attacks you do on bases and FVF

not saying nav relay wouldn't be a good feature, just prefer it was put on hold for now and above done first.
    wanted to add to my original post.

I still think other features first before this nav relay because;

There is quite a gap appearing between base defending and newer hulls attacking, so easy to take a base with dread-x or the newer hulls, so deff diagonal land tiles first, then add specials to increase range off howies and cerbs, increase the firing rate of VM's or provide a new mortar turret that has a quicker firing rate first or allow us to research halos

I can see the need for the Nav Relay feature now but provide more ways to help players with there bases first before opening up the amount of people you can be attacked by.

Sector next to one am in is pretty much dead now, not much going on within that sector now. so opening more sectors up is a good plan and don't care how it done, as long as it done at some point but after diagonal land tiles, which MANY voted yes to on recent poll, an preferable the specials and new turrets i mentioned to.

• all done
    all done
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 73
    encircle the location with a bubble to protect the ship entering or leaving. Move outside the bubble and get hit. Also a 10 second timer would be good as well with a 10 second cooling off period. You get the idea
    Clan: Pala...  Anything with teeth, will bite! 
    ¶Can't get in , so don't even bother!
  • SS_Samus
    SS_Samus
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 42
    Could you please fix the glitches first? I'm tired of losing fleets because I cant join the battle.
  • UTE
    UTE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 101
    I liked the point that the game isn't base pirates it battle pirates, if you cant fight ship to ship you should learn. I think that if there is a relay system that it should let people port to any sector they want to  and let them hit in any sector they want to despite the distance.  I mean if you have a relay system its going to make it possible to commute to any war you want to even many sectors away, and why not just get rid of bubbles all together. Kixeye should open up 501-600.
    Home sector: 22
    Visited: 21, 22 ,35 ,44 ,56 ,71 ,86 , 106, 156, 170, 202, 206, 214, 220, 255, 258, 259, 260, 261, 291, 300, 301, 307, 308, 315, 321, 342, 356, 371, 374, 375, 400, 421, 451, 458, 459, 461, 465, 498, 500
    Is Dwight Schrute in charge of Kixeye's customer service? In the wild, there is no healthcare. In the wild healthcare is 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me, and I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead. -Dwight Schrute

"null, a great humanitarian." -IGW 
This discussion has been closed.