January Work in Progress

• Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3,339
    January Work in Progress

Primary Features:
    • Alliances
    o We’ve been talking about Alliances for quite some time now, and we’re planning on releasing the Alliances feature this month. There will be a number of benefits to being in an Alliance and will allow players to communicate more effectively.
    • January Event
    o The next Battle Pirates event will occur towards the end of the month. New prizes include advanced Forsaken tech that will be introducing a new combat mechanic.
    • Battle Playback
    o Battle Playback allows players to review attacks made against their base. Players will be able to see how the attack took place and can determine what can be done to improve overall base defense. We aim to release this feature at late-January or early-February.
    • Compound System
    o A new Compound System will be added to the game by the end of the month.
    • Pinch Resist Panels
    o Pinch Resist Panels were released yesterday and serve as another option for Defensive Platforms.

Having read through this check list then the only things left to do are the raid (with the mysterious new combat mechanic) and the battle playback feature which i'm very much looking forward to. Overall looking good so far :) Although the alliances system does need some changes implemented at least a system of some sort is in place now. The new compound system looks good (I got the tiers 2 & 3 version in this mission) and the pinch panels will be left for research until they can be viably used.
    Sitting back watching the whole fine mess while sipping a cup of tea
  • BlackWolf_65
    BlackWolf_65
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 18
    Ahoy there this is great looking forward to overall future features!
    Hector Ruiz Ortiz
  • bruce_lee
    bruce_lee
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,735
    January Work in Progress

This year begins with the Forsaken Revolution. After years of fighting for survival under the oppressive reign of the Draconians, the Forsaken are preparing for all out war. No more striking from the shadows; it’s time to hit the Dracs where it hurts.

Primary Features:
    • Alliances
    o We’ve been talking about Alliances for quite some time now, and we’re planning on releasing the Alliances feature this month. There will be a number of benefits to being in an Alliance and will allow players to communicate more effectively.
    • January Event
    o The next Battle Pirates event will occur towards the end of the month. New prizes include advanced Forsaken tech that will be introducing a new combat mechanic.
    • Battle Playback
    o Battle Playback allows players to review attacks made against their base. Players will be able to see how the attack took place and can determine what can be done to improve overall base defense. We aim to release this feature at late-January or early-February.
    • Compound System
    o A new Compound System will be added to the game by the end of the month.
    • Pinch Resist Panels
    o Pinch Resist Panels were released yesterday and serve as another option for Defensive Platforms.

Game Improvements:
    Below is the list of player-facing game bugs that were resolved in December. We have also included hotfixes that occured as part of weekly updates.
    • Resolved an issue where Defense Turrets no longer fire after Pinch effect has elapsed.
    • If a player had more than one friend with the same first name, only one was displayed one attempting to send a Gift and it has now been resolved.
    • Resource Raider Leaderboard stats are now aligned correctly and do not go off screen.
    • Stats regarding the Navigation Array and Engine Disruptor now display correctly.
    • Resolved graphical issues with ship shadows not appearing.
    • Reduced frequency of instant repair glitch by eliminating a glitch that caused the instant repair to occur.
    • Resolved issue where refitting caused players to freeze.
    • Resolved an issue where resistances were not being added to Defensive Platform panels.
    • Attacking players will not longer see the “!” indicator if a Defensive Platform is un-equipped or new.

Little disappointed that I don't see a dry dock listed.
  • Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3,339
    bruce_lee wrote: »

No matter how much we want it the dry dock won't be appearing just yet, there's a lot for kixeye to consider (at least that's what they say) i'm hopeful something will be done to address the build time before the summer but if/when it happens it might not be something as good as a dry dock, it could just be a slight reduction in build times or something. Either way as long as something is done to make things a little easier on our shipyard backlog it'll be good.
    Sitting back watching the whole fine mess while sipping a cup of tea
  • GenGrant
    GenGrant
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 579
    The topic of repair times is something that gets talked about quite often here and there are constant talks of what can be done regarding that topic. However, it is not something we can address in January as players can see from the list; it is something constantly being talked out and we are looking at ways to address the topic.

I'm sorry but it's a single line of code - repair times x times % you already have the code for raids x times 50%. i write object orientated software for a living - dont bullshit
    Winner of the following HULLS: Too many to list

OTHER PRIZES:Too many to even bother remembering
  • harry_andee
    harry_andee
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 12
    I must say that this that this change has buggerd up base messaging, and also i cannot speak to anyone in the comm and also i cannot add myelf to any alliance as it say it is not accessable. .. it also says that i am not in any rooms either.. I just hope u can sort it

TAXMAN
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,791
    HACKERS wrote: »
    I'm sorry but it's a single line of code - repair times x times % you already have the code for raids x times 50%. i write object orientated software for a living - dont bullshit
    Mr Troll:

There is a big difference between doing something and wanting to do something.

I am sure that you already know how to drop heavy things on your bare toes.
    But do you want to?

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• RG3RG3
    RG3RG3
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 259
    bruce_lee wrote: »

<---more than a little disappointed, but not at all surprised:crying:
    -When building fleets for the raids, don't forget about what Kixeye deems to be the most important special......CC (credit card)
    http://support.kixeye.com/mail/
    Home sector: 217 - Alliance: TDB - Forum Bans: 1 and counting
    Sectors visited: 14, 23, 43, 216, 218, 219, 299, 430
  • Keith313
    Keith313
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1
    Why is chat not working? Why cnat i join an allance? i cant talk to no one now?
  • wilson_glen@hotmail.com
    [email protected]
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 4
    how about mines for around your base, like backyard monsters??????????
  • wilson_glen@hotmail.com
    [email protected]
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 4
    also i would like to see "launch pad" size reduced to the size of a turret. and also better weapons and ships
  • LEAD_WEIGHT
    LEAD_WEIGHT
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 602
    Meh... I see that base hit warnings or coords of those who hit alliance members not an option at the moment... guess i post a suggestion if not mentioned already.
  • DIK_BLY
    DIK_BLY
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 84
    My best guess is the "Dry Dock" will be implemented the week before World of Battleships comes out, last chance for Kixeye to save their game!
  • Boogy50
    Boogy50
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 20
    If you want more feedback about this game... Change the point system on ship to ship attacks like it is for base attacks. What is someone to do when a lvl 20 fleet attacks a lvl 9 fleet... No competition.... LAME!!!!
  • usandfriends
    usandfriends
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 231
    Finally, my ideas come alive. http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=148464
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,563
    Battle playback will be a significant sophistication to the game.

Keep the good stuff coming. We love it. Thanks.

• rssimp1
    rssimp1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 16
    Not sure if this has anything to do with updates or system maint but my chat has not been working for the last day and a half.
  • iwrk4dedpr
    iwrk4dedpr
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 887
    HACKERS wrote: »

Maybe they're the last hold outs to "Spaghetti Code"
    Maybe they have a love hate relationship with "GOSUB" and "GOTO"...
  • harry_andee
    harry_andee
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 12
    TAXMAN
    yeah it's al well and good, but really speaking I need that comm up and working they are still down and dead.
    TAXMAN OF SECTOR 15
  • Dakkar
    Dakkar
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 17
    What's up with the random SOS disconnects every few minutes today?

I've followed all the cache / browser suggestions from the posts & generally have a fairly stable connection, but so far today I'm averaging about 3 minutes between disconnects....

I get the SOS error message:

Error Saving Your Base: 3001.
    BASE.handleSaveSuccessful
  • CaptAhab15
    CaptAhab15
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 55
    i tend to get that every 1st day of a raid. mine was a little glitchy this morning. im hoping it will be cleared up by the time i get home
    BANG OUT
  • Goonster
    Goonster
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 321
    I have had enough with the glitches, firstly cannot enter a hub with another player. when i do eventually get in SOS screen pops up, and the lag...wow bad... this is impossible to continue like this.. Needs to be fixed or STOP future raids....
  • Ben84
    Ben84
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1
    hey kixeye,

my son was playing on my account and relocated my base away from my friends is there any way i can go back to my friends without waiting the 7 days

my location before i moved was 100,134
  • adyrandle
    adyrandle
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 6
    as a low lvl...43...I ve spent a lot of time and money on this raid.but whilst launching fleet had them all wiped out by a lvl 51 player.then he took my base.i ve spent last of coins and had a friend wipe out base.i wont be playing again til you make it fair! I cant hit a 37 ye a 51 can hit a 42? you say its because you changed the levels? well keep it up or down 5 on the levels we have NOW! I wont be playing this game til I know its sorted, base flat at adyr sec 305
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Closing thread. It has gone off topic and February will be here shortly.
This discussion has been closed.