Alliances Overview

• Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    Sayuri wrote: »
    Let's see.....I'm the "Leader". I don't like you, I kick you out. Doesn't matter what everyone else wants. If you don't do what I tell you to do, I kick you out. Great job kixeye. Now the bullies get to run the alliances!

Sounds like the alliance would be short-lived. Leaders are only leaders if people want to follow them. If someone ran an alliance like that, eventually they would stop having members.
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    Try reading they ENTIRE POST, for some of your answers...

Umm, before or after the Clarifications section got added? :p

My other tacked on question (page 14 or somesuch) also hasn't been answered yet. It was: what if two alliances want to merge? Will there be mechanisms for that? Or for that matter, one alliance wants to split into two or more?
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • geomilan
    geomilan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 5
    It would be nice to just be able to get someone coming out or going into a base rather than having to waste a fleet to just sit there protecting anothers base... More like it was when I first started BP's..... That was when it was more fun and we had some really great battles cause other people had to come and watch your back..... that also got more people involved when you were hitting a base. Even though it says I am a greenhorn on the side.. I have been playing for almost 2 years... I am a level 58...
  • Myriad
    Myriad
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 47
    I would like to see the ability to "blockade" attached to this add-on.

What do I mean by blockade? I mean that those frustrating nano-seconds to catch an enemy coming out of a base only to have them walk away after you reach them wouldn't exist anymore. We could block (for a lack of a better term) the person from leaving or entering a base until every defending fleet is defeated (kind of like how it is now with the defending player setting guard fleets outside).

This ability wouldn't only deal with an alliance member's base, but also with enemy bases. Sort of the opposite of the above, but limited. In this case, the blockaders would act as bouncers: They'd automatically engage any fleets the target would send out and guard against any enemies that target the baser-fleet. Similarly, they would automatically engage enemy alliance blockaders.

I realized that this could be listed as a role within the alliance where only that role could blockade allies/foes.

If any of this seems far-fetched, please remember that this 'tactic' actually happens within naval warfare. Yall have no clue how far you can run with this game.
    [QUOTE=Curtis Smale;2233752]That's like saying a dog and tree are similar because they both have bark.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=KIXEYE CM Swag;2303075]I am here every day being your voice to the devs. As long as I am here, you can be sure your voices are heard.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Relentless;2142979]Study their weaponry and counter it. Almost all the strategy is math: its dps, range, and percentages. Sit down and work out your sets with a calculator. If you work your fleets properly, then the raid itself is not a great challenge.[/QUOTE] Battle Pirates - Beta Player | Level: 59 (Kixeye's html "rules" changed, so now it just shows text.)
  • thunder_at_dawn
    thunder_at_dawn
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 56
    Maybe at the chance of repeating points already made ...... What remedies are Kixeye putting in place for those of us that would be discriminated against not being part of an Alliance? Maybe the benefits of being in an Alliance should only apply on an Alliance v Alliance basis, if not 'tagged' then the system negates these benefits and it is player v player. Any events should be based this way as well to balance Alliance against Individual, after all Pirates were only individual boats with an Alliance built out of fear of the systems retribution, who would sell out others for their own benefit .............
  • thunder_at_dawn
    thunder_at_dawn
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 56
    Surely that depends on the comparative strengths ..... after all 5 could still be weaker than 1 .... and it seems more like mathematics than physics ....
  • Vortech
    Vortech
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 173
    My see on it:
    Lvl45 - no alliance.

I would rather have no blue screen, easy login, no fleets stuck in battle than this.

Gameplay is difficult enough.

If I'm not (and I don't plan to) in an alliance, and I attack a "defender" will his super-bonuses affect my strike?

Will alliances get pts or bonuses for hitting me, a non-affiliated player?

Will there be allianceFree sectors?
  • Arthur Pendragon
    Arthur Pendragon
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 40
    OKAY here is a question no one has ASKED......How much GOLD is it going to cost to buy a Alliance? you no nothing is for free with kixeye
  • burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652
    I am really looking forward to this update but I am a bit curious about the bonuses. You did use for example the defenders bonus but what about the attackers bonus? In my mind it will give them more fire power or better range making it easier to hit bases so here is an example of what I am curious about that may force people into being in an alliance.

Say someone in an alliance hits a base with the attacker special and the base he is hitting has no bonus due to them not being in an alliance. The attacker will be hitting this base a bit more easier, so the base that they have hit will be forced into an alliance to gain a bonus to level the playing the field.

That is my just speculating and hope nothing like this will happen and hope that kixeye will take this into consideration to think about the players who are not in alliances
    Trogar said:
    So... Confirmed, a memorial, or generally any large gathering could cause problems, as the available resources on the server are finite.
  • Kirk
    Kirk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 669
    Well...i have to say.....For the first time in forever (maybe since relocate returned)....Kixeye...It looks like yas GOT IT RIGHT!!

Im sure there will be hiccups, and no doubt some raging early on.

BUT..it looks in-depth, multi-layered, exciting, and a whole new element to the game.

Im sure alot of us were worried the "Alliance Feature" would merely be a "protect ya mates base and chat" thing, which would have been dull.

But...im looking forward to all the different aspects.

Good work Kixeye. :) Youve certainly impressed me :D
    --TL1--KIRK-- (formally just Kirk)
    Sector : TL1 rolls like no other Crew...and weve rolled the best ;) You wont see us run after 1 week. So ask ya local invaders..why they do? ;)
    Level 56
    The Lost One's Alliance
    Your User ID is: 218405
    My Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQRgRVFMWF8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uQ_CLsh75w
  • Ken Papai
    Ken Papai
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 116
    Will the initial alliances be limited to just 10? We have 12 or 13 in our tight group now already, for months.
  • Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 887
    Based on the alliance poll id imagine initial number for an alliance will be 21-40
  • Ken Papai
    Ken Papai
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 116
    Nice to hear -- I hope you are right. Thanks, Westcoast-Ken, sector 322.
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 902
    time to take my paypal account away. Why waste any more money on this game when kixeye don't care at all about making the game playable. Lets all have one big Alliance and tell Kixeye to shove it where the sun don't shine :-)
    Snoopy
  • BSB
    BSB
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 16
    how comes we are promised the alliance feature and updates to the base planner so we can have diagonal terrain and when they do an update we get more sh** to research in the harry potter lab? where was this ever mentioned on future features? sort it out kixeye listen to your players and give us something we want instead of something to coin and pay for your christmas party
    level 45

WINNER OF SPECTRE DNX BC GOLIATH CUDA AND LOTS OF ARMOUR AND OTHER CRAP

SECTORS VISITED 78 144 171 352 236 461 488

PLAYING SINCE AUGUST 2012
  • Michael Paterson
    Michael Paterson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 14
    just tryed the fosaken crap and does nothing and prizes are at best rubbish
  • Myriad
    Myriad
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 47
    Nick Heath wrote: »
    time to take my paypal account away. Why waste any more money on this game when kixeye don't care at all about making the game playable. Lets all have one big Alliance and tell Kixeye to shove it where the sun don't shine :-)
    just tryed the fosaken crap and does nothing and prizes are at best rubbish

If you're not going to contribute to the topic, GTFO. I'm tired of having hundreds of pages inside important threads filled with this useless s**t.
    (BTW, this is where a mod would be handy.)
    [QUOTE=Curtis Smale;2233752]That's like saying a dog and tree are similar because they both have bark.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=KIXEYE CM Swag;2303075]I am here every day being your voice to the devs. As long as I am here, you can be sure your voices are heard.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Relentless;2142979]Study their weaponry and counter it. Almost all the strategy is math: its dps, range, and percentages. Sit down and work out your sets with a calculator. If you work your fleets properly, then the raid itself is not a great challenge.[/QUOTE] Battle Pirates - Beta Player | Level: 59 (Kixeye's html "rules" changed, so now it just shows text.)
  • Michael Rothwell
    Michael Rothwell
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 46
    garion1999 wrote: »
    Based on the alliance poll id imagine initial number for an alliance will be 21-40

Ooo...I didn't see this poll. That could pose a problem for larger alliances.
    Rock_BPE
    LVL54
    -Sector Varies-:D
  • Chewbonger
    Chewbonger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 152
    i have a question about our names... you state we will have alliance tag and most of us already have clan tags.... will everyone get a free name change to remove tag so we dont have 2?
  • opeqweasel
    opeqweasel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 210
    I'm glad this seems to finally be here. I hope you guys can fix the relocate glitch so u don't keep landing in the top 200 of a sect. I say this bc its already hard getting 10-20 ppl into a sect. if alliances have 40 ppl and you want to fight another group with 40, good luck. the only use the bottom of sects get right now is passing ships.you could just cut the sect in half and save ppl time.
    Lvl 83 EvilE
  • Kabuiki Shaddar
    Kabuiki Shaddar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 134
    ASKING THIS QUESTION AGAIN:

Will there be more then one leader? What about being able to change leadership? Let say the alliance leader goes on vacation or decides to step down, or if the alliance allows someone else from within the group to make a friendly challenge for leadership of the alliance? It would be nice to be able to change leadership between the groups members.

-Kabu
  • robertg
    robertg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 564
    its not an important thread, its crap. there is no real benefit to be in an aliance unless you are bored.
    also every small group of friends with below level 53 members will not make an alliance cause coiners will make it look like mashed potatos.
    i will just continue to play the game as it was intended and never join an alliance.
    my bet is you will see alliances spawn the first month and then disappear like snow in the essert
  • Michael Rothwell
    Michael Rothwell
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 46
    ASKING THIS QUESTION AGAIN:

Will there be more then one leader? What about being able to change leadership? Let say the alliance leader goes on vacation or decides to step down, or if the alliance allows someone else from within the group to make a friendly challenge for leadership of the alliance? It would be nice to be able to change leadership between the groups members.

-Kabu

I don't know about the change of leadership part but the rest was asked. There will only be one leader. I asked about having some other "officers" that would have admin power. The answer was it was being looked at for a future release but was not in the plans right now.
    Rock_BPE
    LVL54
    -Sector Varies-:D
  • BlueWolf
    BlueWolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 43
    I asked somewhere else in regards to the trading resources. Sarap said it was being looked into as well. I would assume that with each role, certain rights within the clan are given. We will just have to wait and see what those are, and adjust if they aren't what we expect.

I do recommend that the bonuses for roles, such as "Defender", only gives the bonuses to battles with another alliance member, or strictly against enemy alliances, that way, the independent pirates do not have to worry about getting bombed every time they fight someone in an alliance.
    Taylor S
    a.k.a. "BlueWolf"
    Lvl 40
    Sector 391
    Winner of: Nuthin' yet :(
  • Eddie Reyna
    Eddie Reyna
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 3
    The only buff you should add is extra map speed when going to defend a friendly base. I can see that being abused but that still would be the only one that should be added if any. The help from members of your alliance should be reason enough to join. All this other talk of point systems and turret fire is unnecessary. This game has too many problems as it is for you to be trying to make it more complex. Just have a cap on members. Allow them to set other alliances as friendly or enemy. Having neutral is redundant. Make a way for us to help defend a members base and the only other thing I would add is a wait time to be added back to an alliance after you have been kicked. To help curb buddy bubbles.
  • general__hawk
    general__hawk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 96
    robertg wrote: »
    its not an important thread, its crap. there is no real benefit to be in an aliance unless you are bored.
    also every small group of friends with below level 53 members will not make an alliance cause coiners will make it look like mashed potatos.
    i will just continue to play the game as it was intended and never join an alliance.
    my bet is you will see alliances spawn the first month and then disappear like snow in the essert

This guys is an idiot there are some alliances that have been around since the birth of the game I know mine has been around nearly a year and can't wait for this feature
    Level: 39
    Clan: Reapers/AP
    Current Sector: 191
    Prizes won: All but original Viper
  • general__hawk
    general__hawk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 96
    opeqweasel wrote: »
    I'm glad this seems to finally be here. I hope you guys can fix the relocate glitch so u don't keep landing in the top 200 of a sect. I say this bc its already hard getting 10-20 ppl into a sect. if alliances have 40 ppl and you want to fight another group with 40, good luck. the only use the bottom of sects get right now is passing ships.you could just cut the sect in half and save ppl time.

+1000000000000000000 everytime I look at a new sector the top part is full but the bottom is nearly empty
    Level: 39
    Clan: Reapers/AP
    Current Sector: 191
    Prizes won: All but original Viper
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Thanks everyone for all the feedback. We'll be looking into this and discussing the points that folks have brought up.
This discussion has been closed.