Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 27
    How many members can an alliance have?
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    I have one main concern.

Most players who have been involved in a alliance would agree that a large alliance is always a nightmare (lots of in fighting and politics). Smaller alliances seem to have less of that and become a tighter knit group.

For those alliances who dont want to grow( or are selective, very selective on new members) whats their incentive? At the moment it reads that its all about adding members.
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 874
    Bonuses
    There are various bonuses that joining an Alliance has to offer. When recruited, members will be assigned to roles based on their level when joining an Alliance and each role will have a unique bonus associated with it. Members are eligible for a promotion to another role once they exceed the level range.
    • For example, players level 24-31 will be put in the Defenders role.
    • Alliances roles have no cap on the number of members associated to that role, however, only 10 players can contribute to each role bonus.
    • Leaders will have the option to promote members to the next role when they are eligible
    Roles provide passive bonuses to all members of the Alliance.
    • For example, the 'Defender' role would give increased turret fire rate and defense.
    • Reaching the Weekly Quota will generate the maximum contribution to that specific role.
    • Once a player is part of an Alliance, they will be able to contribute to the their Weekly Quota. The Weekly Quota is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus.
    These are the key elements around the upcoming Alliance System. If there are any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Will there be a safeguard put into place to protect against an alliance spamming their numbers with a whole bunch of alt bases to get this bonus??
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • ThisIsNowADeadaccoun
    ThisIsNowADeadaccoun
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 173
    i agree a added turret firing bonus will become overpowered why not start with something simple

clan chat
    messages when your clan is getting attacked
    and admin properties
  • redbeard-190
    redbeard-190
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 26
    Will this new Alliance thingamajig be able to support multi alliances?
    Redbeard
    Level: 48
    Home Sector: 190
    Current Sector: 97
    Sectors visited: 97, 111, 3, 226
    Sectors that I want to visit, but can't get too yet: 1, 97, 307
    Alliances:LOV, LoT, Kozz, kiss, RC
    Hulls Won:Light Cruiser, Battle Cruiser
  • hal_jordan
    hal_jordan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 332
    I believe there will be tags, yes.
    Please make the tags optional. Not a fan of having tags in my name
    BP NAME: Hal_Jordan
    Level:33
    Current sector:170

[QUOTE=Kixeye
  • MrsSmith
    MrsSmith
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 102
    How about colours of flags on a base green your allaince. blue friendly and red enemy or something along those lines
     Hulls Won  Who cares

MrsSmith then I_Skelp_[****] now LoveAngel lvl 90 [THE]  running peoples feet over with tea and cakes trolley and hitting people with pies 

Vega Conflict  LoveAngel  lvl 24 sector 600 no longer playing as got borred
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 674
    How bout fixing the ****ing battle logs first?
  • USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,182
    Just great more stuff to go wrong in the game. How about Kixeye spend the time fixing known issue in the game before adding more problems to the game. Alliance is one more way Kixeye can make money If the raids are not raping you enough all ready. I have a unanswered ticket going on a week as does many others, but we have time for this wow

• Captain_Nash
    Captain_Nash
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 165
    So....if you already have a Tag......Will Kixeye allow another name change?
    "SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP"......THAT'S MY FINAL WORD.
  • Capt_Cannabis
    Capt_Cannabis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 611
    Is there anything in specific you are wondering about?

mainly just the basics like how many people will be allowed and what options will we have for our underlings(lol)
    like will we be able to transfer res and will we be able to defend alliance bases and give rewards/warnings to members for there actions

also how much space the group chat will take because i hate losing viewing space it would be cool it the chat was tabbed say like a web browser have the sec chat and group chat both on the existing comms space just have a tab to switch between the two
    BloodReign 66
    been to alot of places cant remember most 
    prizes basically everything 

[QUOTE=Deadly_Jam;2530995]just refresh till it works<---answer to all battle pirate problems :)[/QUOTE]
  • manamal
    manamal
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 205
    This all looks awesome! Nice job kixeye
    Manamal - SMASHERS
    Lvl 57
  • DevNul
    DevNul
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 834
    Please answer these questions: Am I to understand that players not in an alliance will have less turret firepower than those in one? Will the turret power buff only come into effect between members of 'official' alliances or will it remain in in effect when non-alliance members attack an 'alliance' base? If so, that truly sucks!

• TheSilent_Kill
    TheSilent_Kill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 748
    Since there are going to be points awarded for winning at base hits, the method for Victory or Defeat should be looked at. Too many times have I seen a base that is 90% and have it say defeated on there... New guidelines should be posted for this.

BP Name:  TheSilent_Kill [T249]

Level:  116

Alliance:  Team 249

• WANTED_FYR
    WANTED_FYR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 351
    For example, players level 24-31 will be put in the Defenders role.

what if your alliance has no player this level range cause most of my alliance is 50+ would this then not allow us the defense bonus or what ever the bonus would be for this level of player? or i am i reading this wrong?
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]Game Name : WANTED[/COLOR] [COLOR="#00FF00"] Level: LOL ??[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#00FF00"][COLOR="#FFFF00"]Current sector 284 :lol:[/COLOR]Sectors Visited 227, 123, 426, 266, 229, 445, 351, 331, 228, 107, 343, 1 , 420, 324, 254, 485, 36, 216, 403, 407, 408, 214, 368, 454, 350, 89, 299, 252, 265, 60, 124, 218, 244, 288, 280, 256, 48, 157, 29,129[/COLOR]
  • Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 888
    Why make the alliance feature so in depth from the get go? Just start with Tags the abilty to transfer resources and defend one anothers bases. Keep it simple at first and if we can get that part rolling without screwing it all up then introduce other features bit by bit.
  • Captain_Nash
    Captain_Nash
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 165
    I agree with you...What is the incentives for anyone other than level 24-31's?......lol
    "SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP"......THAT'S MY FINAL WORD.
  • Royal_Assassin
    Royal_Assassin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 44
    How soon will this update roll out? Will a free name change be given out to all players to remove existing clan tags?
  • Ciaran-SBS
    Ciaran-SBS
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,705
    orcaone wrote: »
    The biggest coining alliance will win.

Shall we take the winners medals already then lol
    Ciaran level 71 - april 2011 to feb 2013 
  • Countryrazorback
    Countryrazorback
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 188
    What about alliance flags to identify members bases and ships?
  • Killzonek
    Killzonek
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 89
    So the defenders bases will they have a free pass and lose no research time when their base gets leveled?....... If not who wants to be on the defender shift lmao

• RabidBadgerMT
    RabidBadgerMT
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 121
    YOU guys have had some stupid ideas, this takes the ****ing cake. FIX EXISTING PROBLEMS BEFORE MAKING MORE WITH THIS STUPID ****!!!!!!
    RabidBadger
    User ID: 107787
  • TheBos
    TheBos
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 70
    so whats going to happen about relocation issues?

in some sectors its difficult to get one person in let alone an allience of 10-20 or more players. are you going to finally clear up all the dead bases in sectors, especially the low level ones that have never been used or at least change the rules so you dont have to move close to a friend but just into the same sector?
    TheBoss
    Level 82

Born in sector 389 
    Visited sectors 21,39,69,72,79,84,113,142,182,204,228,271,283,284,307,314,331,385,389,390,416,461,470,478
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    First thought is that forcing people to join an alliance to get bonuses and perks is ridiculous and biased against anyone not wanting to join a herd. Making a point target for alliances to hit so they can add new members is also geared towards making stronger alliances even stronger, while the little guys struggle to meet targets and therefore can't grow. Add an alliance feature by all means, but please think of how much the smaller players will suffer as soon as a big CC group decides they are the next sandwich filling.
    The post is somewhat light on info about some things...

What are the other 'roles' and what are their bonuses?

What is the starting number that can join an alliance?

When you say 'similar level' what exactly does that mean?
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,182
    Oh the non coiners will have no chance with this

• Alexander Schneider
    Alexander Schneider
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 382
    various targets such as Cargo Fleets and neutral or enemy Alliance Bases will yield points, but the targets must be of similar level or higher. Each member will have a Weekly Quota, which is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus. Once a player is part of an Alliance, they will be able to contribute to the their Weekly Quota. The Weekly Quota is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus.

**** am I gonna turn into a L59 drac farmer? Or will i have to change sector to find a place with more L60 an higher?
    For example, the 'Defender' role would give increased turret fire rate and defense.

Ok for L24-31 but higher if this can be applied I may quote Jack Sparrow here: "You know that feeling you get sometimes when you're standing in a high place? Sudden urge to jump? I don't have it."
    IN 337 WE TRUST! :pokey: - French do it betteR -
    exile L59 sector: 44
    User ID: 1059095 w7//chrome/firefox last flash.
  • Countryrazorback
    Countryrazorback
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 188
    garion1999 wrote: »
    Why make the alliance feature so in depth from the get go? Just start with Tags the abilty to transfer resources and defend one anothers bases. Keep it simple at first and if we can get that part rolling without screwing it all up then introduce other features bit by bit.

Yea I agree with this too. Don't over complicate it to begin with, you'll just have everyone confused.
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    Players should get headhunter bonuses for taking out other alliance members higher members. Like Mercenary Contracts. :)
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • DirtyTeaze
    DirtyTeaze
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 97
    Alliances roles have no cap on the number of members associated to that role, however, only 10 players can contribute to each role bonus.
    Leaders will have the option to promote members to the next role when they are eligible

This part above I have a slight issue with, most of us do not want to be boxed into a role per-say. If you have a large alliance and only 10 are chosen in certain roles, that will "box people into" said roles and what happens to the others they will feel they are not contributing. I still believe that the higher levels should be able to put at least 1 fleet to protect our smaller levels thereby eliminating the need for bonus's on the smaller bases set up as "defenders" not everybody wants to be assigned a role and with this system some will be stuck in any one role for a periods of time, alliances work as a team and I believe this will instigate a lot of upset in alliances and support "clicks" which will then pull alliances apart. Points contributing is good, and if a player thinks they are not contributing and that they are stuck in a corner they won't be happy.
    Image result for gaz from invader zim gif
This discussion has been closed.