SO I am just curious....what is peoples stance on paying players

Redsteel12
Redsteel12
Strike-force Captain
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 910
edited 2 Nov 2012, 2:49PM
I know what Kix's stance is of course ;)

but other players.....I dont use my wallet to fight people.....I just wont do it

but it is getting to the point I am simply going to quit because it seems like that is all I fight against anymore.

Example

Rorsche...level 31
Sector 19
is part of the SUPPOSED "Legends" clan (legends at busting out the credit cards now in my mind)

used up 16 hawks in two hours taking back depots.....and was shockingly still attacking each one with 10 hawks at a time

and was using level 6 Hellfires to take the depots rather easily....... level 6???

paid for over a week of upgrade time to take depots back last night because he knew he couldnt do it normally

these are the type of players we have now in WC.......cant play with any skill....just their wallets

any thoughts on how others feel on this stuff?

am I way off base in my thinking
Sector : who knows at this point.....i have lost track
Group Leader....Devils Angels
Level 37

IF YOU TAKE THE WAR OUT OF THE GAME THE GAME DIES!!!!!!

Event/Mission Items received...........EVERYTHING ;)
  • KissyFace
    KissyFace
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,058
    they make this game possible for those of us who play for free.
    I'm here for MY OWN amusement ... maintaining YOUR amusement is Kixeye's problem
    • KissyFace (33) ID: 1114608
    • Sector: Home 64 (also 82, 11, 171, 214, 223, 32, 236, 215, 201, 267, 184, 393, 370, 363, 117, 102, 351, 120, 185, 90, 89)
    • Alliance: who
  • Braveman
    Braveman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 432
    im cool with this, they help KIXEYE. if i was in war with them i'll have real fun beacuse people that use credits alot don't know how to defend their base that good so i would just pwn them over and over wasting their money XD so try to enjoy god **** it! (no offence to cristian people but it just fitted in so well there so i had to use it :p )
    my current base: the offerings to the brave beast 2.0.0
    my threads: event format unit idea "the beserker"
    LarsB wrote:
    So please go f*ck yourself
    WC LVL 27. WC ID: 348327. sector: 39. alliance: overlords
    useful things: user notes [URL="http:/http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=161578"]big mortar baiting guide LarsB[/URL] the big base building guide LarsB
  • QuickKill88
    QuickKill88
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,651
    no such thing as a "wallet warrior" getting things sooner isnt really a bad thing plus they (I) pay for the staff/creators paychecks (in a way we help fund kixeye/war commander) if the game made 0 money it wouldnt have new updates etc it would get shut down
    War CommanderLevel:34Game ID:XxAzazelxX Leader of Fallen Angels
    sectors visited-1,64,90,115,41,175,191,11,133,212,108,252,258,263,334,363,360,49,198,178,111,190
  • Braveman
    Braveman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 432
    no such thing as a "wallet warrior" getting things sooner isnt really a bad thing plus they (I) pay for the staff/creators paychecks (in a way we help fund kixeye/war commander) if the game made 0 money it wouldnt have new updates etc it would get shut down

thats the 2nd best quote in the WC forums (best one in my sig :p )
    my current base: the offerings to the brave beast 2.0.0
    my threads: event format unit idea "the beserker"
    LarsB wrote:
    So please go f*ck yourself
    WC LVL 27. WC ID: 348327. sector: 39. alliance: overlords
    useful things: user notes [URL="http:/http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=161578"]big mortar baiting guide LarsB[/URL] the big base building guide LarsB
  • JR-Terriers
    JR-Terriers
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 11
    Redsteel wrote: »
    I know what Kix's stance is of course ;)
    these are the type of players we have now in WC.......cant play with any skill....just their wallets

The only difference is, is the waiting time..no skill involved in that at all

I f people want to pay for their upgrades then thats up to them..there are plenty who do and also those that dont, it doesnt make a big difference at all
  • QuickKill88
    QuickKill88
    I only pay for repairs/plane builds god knows im not about to wait 6 hours per platoons or 1.5 hours per plane so i can go war again downtime is NO fun- everything else minus a few rhino tank upgrades when i was smaller to get the laser tank was all done slowly and painfully
    sectors visited-1,64,90,115,41,175,191,11,133,212,108,252,258,263,334,363,360,49,198,178,111,190
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,383
    The only difference is, is the waiting time..no skill involved in that at all
    think ur moaning about tank spamming lol i spammed the hell out of my megas on this event and kicked its **** beatch
    Using credits for repairs for the whole game most definitely has a correlation with general lack of skill. For example, the most recent "coiner" attack on my base lost 24 megas, 6 warhawks, 3 raptors and a copter drone and gained the grand total of 1 storage (about 1 million metal).
    RoyalGuard

• Accordionthief
    Accordionthief
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 555
    It's all fine by me, what ever people want to do.

And when people say "coiners" have no skill, that could very well be true but probably not as a general rule.

Could you imagine the state of the game when everybody has the same level of skill?
    Lead us, from temptation,
    lead us, don't let us fall.
    Lead us, to salvation,
    lead us, into the war!
  • QuickKill88
    QuickKill88
    Ben Palmer wrote: »
    Using credits for repairs for the whole game most definitely has a correlation with general lack of skill. For example, the most recent "coiner" attack on my base lost 24 megas, 6 warhawks, 3 raptors and a copter drone and gained the grand total of 1 storage (about 1 million metal).

coining doesnt take the THINKING/SKILL factor out- lack of coins doesnt mean u dont know weaknesses/strengths of a base- i buy my repairs when i run out o tanks but i dont need 60 megas to wipe 1 base just bc i buy coins- i bring 3 platoons per base-1 to get sniped 1 to clear mines 1 to wipe it- simple- but bc i buy my repairs it means i dont have any skill in attacking a base? lets live in reality not fantasy land- saying one doesnt have skill bc we choose to spend a lil money is just another one of the lame put downs people use in this game-

coins dont buy skill- true BUT a level 17 knows that air units wipe mortars tanks wipe turrets and mortar baiting is best so how in any way does buying a few coins suddenly make u wc retarded? come on ppl use those brains for a change and think things through
  • FRoe
    FRoe
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,952
    Well sorry but personally if you coin repairs you do lack skill , considering you can take any base with barely any losses if you chose to attack smartly it proves a coiner will look to cut corners and will not care so much for losing units/platoons as they have the added advantage of just repairing/building units instantly..

This results in a laziness that indeed limits the need for them to learn skills/tactics as they have no need for any as their wallet can just repair any failed attempt on a base and they can just attack it again , I have no problem with players that choose to coin for upgrades to advance themselves quickly but coining repairs is lame in my opinion and I personally think that it makes the game a little silly.. I understand the game needs to make money but allowing someone the ability to effectively spam infinite units at a base just because the have a credit card is stupid ..

I play online games on Xbox/PS3 also and if a player was allowed to just run around killing everyone because he had some special perk where he cant die (just because he coined) it would be retarded , and personally that is what you have in WC with certain players able to send in 24 Warhawks (happened to me) within 15mins to level a base ..

All in all I dont mind coiners (the ones who coin for upgrades) but the ones that instant repair units are the ones I have issues with and think they make the game pretty stupid when clearly taking advantage of their wallet .
  • QuickKill88
    QuickKill88
    FRoe wrote: »
    Well sorry but personally if you coin repairs you do lack skill , considering you can take any base with barely any losses if you chose to attack smartly it proves a coiner will look to cut corners and will not care so much for losing units/platoons as they have the added advantage of just repairing/building units instantly..

This results in a laziness that indeed limits the need for them to learn skills/tactics as they have no need for any as their wallet can just repair any failed attempt on a base and they can just attack it again , I have no problem with players that choose to coin for upgrades to advance themselves quickly but coining repairs is lame in my opinion and I personally think that it makes the game a little silly.. I understand the game needs to make money but allowing someone the ability to effectively spam infinite units at a base just because the have a credit card is stupid ..

I play online games on Xbox/PS3 also and if a player was allowed to just run around killing everyone because he had some special perk where he cant die (just because he coined) it would be retarded , and personally that is what you have in WC with certain players able to send in 24 Warhawks (happened to me) within 15mins to level a base ..

All in all I dont mind coiners (the ones who coin for upgrades) but the ones that instant repair units are the ones I have issues with and think they make the game pretty stupid when clearly taking advantage of their wallet .

explain to me this- how does waiting 5 hours 45 mins per platoon gain u skill? it dont - if you belive that money makes you weaker bc you repair your platoons? again live in reality not fantasy land you think people are going to throw their tanks at a base over and over just bc they have the coin to create more? are u out of ur mind?

spending REAL money on coins is COSTLY but usefull i spend about 10-15 bux a week and that gets me by without waiting all year on platoons- idk why people believe that spending money suddenly drops your iq to the point where u have no skill in taking a base

**** 1 level lower than me used mortar baiting tactics- and retreated my 1/2 health platoons to save some repair time...only took 2 hits- 1 to clear the mines and building shields and 1 to finish it off....**** my coins have really made me a crappy player with 0 skill..i might as well be a noob
  • FRoe
    FRoe
    explain to me this- how does waiting 5 hours 45 mins per platoon gain u skill? it dont - if you belive that money makes you weaker bc you repair your platoons? again live in reality not fantasy land you think people are going to throw their tanks at a base over and over just bc they have the coin to create more? are u out of ur mind?

spending REAL money on coins is COSTLY but usefull i spend about 10-15 bux a week and that gets me by without waiting all year on platoons- idk why people believe that spending money suddenly drops your iq to the point where u have no skill in taking a basehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeyD_yqI_nA&feature=plcp

**** 1 level lower than me used mortar baiting tactics- and retreated my 1/2 health platoons to save some repair time...only took 2 hits- 1 to clear the mines and building shields and 1 to finish it off....**** my coins have really made me a crappy player with 0 skill..i might as well be a noob

And you are one of the players out there who can actually play and use coins too , hats off to you lol .. But I will not retract what I say as it has been the common sight witnessed by me and many others that players who coin for instant repairs are +not very good at the game .. It dont mean all of you are noobs but showing me a vid of you trashing a base also dont mean that all you coiners are good either .

If you cant see the fact that using credits to repair can make you rely on money instead of skill then you are not being truthful to yourself bud , it is pure logic that if you can buy something then why go through the hassle of dissecting a base worrying about repairs??? It is inevitable that a coiner will chose to cut corners .

As I said I will not brand you all skill-less but I do believe that majority of your kind are .
  • QuickKill88
    QuickKill88
    And you are one of the players out there who can actually play and use coins too , hats off to you lol .. But I will not retract what I say as it has been the common sight witnessed by me and many others that players who coin for instant repairs are +not very good at the game .. It dont mean all of you are noobs but showing me a vid of you trashing a base also dont mean that all you coiners are good either .

If you cant see the fact that using credits to repair can make you rely on money instead of skill then you are not being truthful to yourself bud , it is pure logic that if you can buy something then why go through the hassle of dissecting a base worrying about repairs??? It is inevitable that a coiner will chose to cut corners .

As I said I will not brand you all skill-less but I do believe that majority of your kind are .

tell me how waiting 5 hours 45 mins per platoon gains u skill then u will have me convinced

coins are bought with real cash and are spent sparingly 90% of my alliances buys credits for repairs with these new crappy repai systems but that dont make us any less skillful- who do u think is paying for you to play the game? servers have to be paid for and i dont see kixeye on any charity lists asking for handouts to buy them or pay their employees

if someone is just throwing hundreds of dollars down the drain to repair while throwing 10-20 platoons at a base to wipe it with no concern turn them in for hacking or glitching bc no one in their right mind would do that.
  • revenge666
    revenge666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 169
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord

If you actually watch the video, you'll realise that he took half-damage on 2 platoons of megas and let a turret directly aim at his warhawks at one point. He also used several challengers (aren't they like 30 minutes apiece in repairs?) for tanking damage. And the base didn't even have any defending units which could fire back at his megas. Now you tell me what skill is there in that?
    RoyalGuard

• FRoe
    FRoe
    Clearly if you have to wait 5hr 45mins for repairs per plat then you will try and make sure you dont lose as much units so will be more careful and play with a lot more strategy , now if you can coin you can become more careless and this is a fact .

I understand the game needs to make money as I already said in my earlier post but you being allowed to spam 20+ Wahawks at my base within 15mins is unfair . You see the way you could just throw in your Challs to die in the vid and stand there while you Megas got hit by volleys of mortar shells , that dont bother you as it can be instant repaired but 2 Challs is a hour wait for me plus the damage to the Megas would be another couple hours as well so I would use units that repair faster like GTs and mortar bait while trying take no damage to my Megas, this is because the repairs are a **** for me..

Im telling you there are players out there who just coin for 20+ Elites or 15+ Raptors and will just keep spamming them at your base until you are DP`ed , I know as I have been to various sectors and fought various groups with a number of different styles and a few have been coiners and have all played the same way..

I dont just say this and sit in my base without knowing what I am taking about I have bee around and experienced it first hand, now as I said you and your group may be different from your average coiner but the vast majority out there are the type I am talking about .
  • FRoe
    FRoe
    If you actually watch the video, you'll realise that he took half-damage on 2 platoons of megas and let a turret directly aim at his warhawks at one point. He also used several challengers (aren't they like 30 minutes apiece in repairs?) for tanking damage. And the base didn't even have any defending units which could fire back at his megas. Now you tell me what skill is there in that?

Yeah I noticed all that bud.
  • QuickKill88
    QuickKill88

the challengers used turret baiting tactics if u se i lost ONE warhawk and yes i lost 2 challengers (god forbid if i chose to lose 2 challengers vs megas)
    had no base defender units? each base is diffrent if i need to make a video to ur very specific standards please let us know

plus lets see 1/2 health on 2 platoons so lets say 1 platoon of megas and 1 elite lost to take a maxed defense base using TURRET BAITING MORTAR BAITING and MINE SWEEPING

my god my credits have made me a complete idiot someone put this "Moderator" on the payroll so he can afford 10 bux on wc once in awhile
  • Elder_Lee
    Elder_Lee
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 7,468
    Brothers and Sisters,

Kixeye staff need to pay bills too.

I have no issue with those that chose to pay in cash vs. time.

Dose it make them a better player or not, who knows or cares.
    Keep your head down, your ammo dry and the FIGHT alive!  
    WC User ID: 76066
    Lvl 38
    Sector 33, 112, 6, 144, 240, 409, 19, 5, ( 420 )
    Support: http://www.kixeye.com/support/
    Report: https://www.kixeye.com/support/web/report?game=wc
    Not a KIXEYE representative or employee in any form or means, just an Elder of the game.
  • QuickKill88
    QuickKill88
    And the base didn't even have any defending units which could fire back at his megas. Now you tell me what skill is there in that?

that just makes HIM less skillful than me for not having them use your brain bud

and he doesnt buy credits just asked him- hes level 31 without the skill to set base defenders and im level 32 (spending cash on repairs)

so u cant call me less skillful for his own mistake -- give the hamster another credit and get that brain power rolling
  • Rick Chacon
    Rick Chacon
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 44

Truth bro, I spend. =)
    Your mom says hi
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    that just makes HIM less skillful than me for not having them use your brain bud

and he doesnt buy credits just asked him- hes level 31 without the skill to set base defenders and im level 32 (spending cash on repairs)

so u cant call me less skillful for his own mistake -- give the hamster another credit and get that brain power rolling
    I actually am trying to point out that you could have easily avoided taking any damage at all.

Please don't insult my brain power as it does nothing to help your argument.
    RoyalGuard

• Imperial Elite
    Imperial Elite
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 556
    Build better defenses and raise your skills. Make coiners to lose their platoons. So they will pay more and more.
    The higher your skill is the higher is Kixeye's income. So more updates, events and stunning features for us.
    Remember:
    By raising your skill and fighting coiners you help to make WC better.
  • QuickKill88
    QuickKill88
    I actually am trying to point out that you could have easily avoided taking any damage at all.

Please don't insult my brain power as it does nothing to help your argument.

if i could hav ein the 2 hits i would have but i would have had to change directions/angles and caused maybe 2-3 more hits risking being sniped and possible have them log online and ruin my farming

quick and efficient (and as LEAST costly as possible) not just throwing megas and hoping for the best
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    if i could hav ein the 2 hits i would have but i would have had to change directions/angles and caused maybe 2-3 more hits risking being sniped and possible have them log online and ruin my farming

quick and efficient (and as LEAST costly as possible) not just throwing megas and hoping for the best
    With the hellfire you can combine speed, efficiency and skill. Have you tried using it yet?
    RoyalGuard

• Xet
    Xet
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 376
    Remember:
    By raising your skill and fighting coiners you help to make WC better.

lol, that might become my new sig line
  • LSA2013
    LSA2013
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 7,628
    My stance on paying players: I have no problem with people who use money to max out their resource compression or expand their base. When repairs and upgrades are sped up, that's when I think they've just got a serious problem with losing and (as Ben said) a lack of skill.

I will say, I've encountered plenty of paying players (coiners doesn't sound right to me) in BYM who were quite skilled, and used their money to fuel their skills. There's a difference between those who use money for buying resources and those who have fought their way to the top with little to no cash input.
    I have decided to quit all Facebook games in order to have more free time and fewer distractions, as I am now on my way to college. I met a lot of great people over the five years I played Casual Collective/Kixeye games.
    BYM: Lv47 Former co-leader of Shadow Triangle. | WC ID: 261 (Closed Beta), Lv30. Former member of Marauders Elite.
    My old user notes. (Edited occasionally.)
    WC players: Bunker information and Lv10 unit stats (Last updated after Op. Crossfire, April 2013)

War Commander prizes: Attack Dogs, E. Gats, Shock Troopers, Honey Badger, EWHs,  ELTs, E.Riflemen, EHGs, Colossus and the Drone Silo.
    Backyard Monsters prizes: Both Black Diamond totems (WMI 1/2), Both Black Diamond Spurtz Cannons (WMI 3), Korath with BoF.
  • Redsteel12
    Redsteel12
    Strike-force Captain
    Well actually the Title to the thread was Wallet Warriors.....not paying players

but the Mods modified it

which of course dilutes the idea of the thread....to me they are wallet warriors because without their credit cards they woudnt be **** in this game

as for the guyy with the video that insists that he is a great player

puh leeze........if you cant manage your repairs....and manage the damage to your platoons....well then yes

you aren't very skilled at all

I attack all the time and am RARELY ever under 70% healthy......why?......because I dont get my platoons beat to crap that I am facing a 5 hour repair
    Level 37

• Redsteel12
    Redsteel12
    Strike-force Captain
    then has been some interesting sides to this argument

I remember when I first started playing a wallet warrior had to look WAY up to see Pond Scums knees.......the worst thing you could be accused of was being a credit card player.

if you found out someone was a credit card player he used to get pounded on in chat and in game if possible till you shamed them into leaving

The rally cry was EARN YOUR UPGRADES

now it seems like the culture is BUY YOUR UPGRADES

I mean its great for Kix....they are pulling in money hand over fist from the Wallet Warriors.......they keep them weak because they don't actually get better at the game. Why bother watching over your air and being careful when you can simply spend 30-40 FB and buy a new airforce.....RAM THOSE BAD BOYS IN THERE

no lie I had a guy once....I think his screen name was SemperFi....dude lost 18 Raptors on a giant depot of mine in like 10 minutes!!! and was still attacking with more before he was driven off......18 raptors had to be expensive and showed a total lack of skill

just an example of how being a Wallet Warrior just makes you weak......you learn nothing
    Level 37

• QuickKill88
    QuickKill88
    With the hellfire you can combine speed, efficiency and skill. Have you tried using it yet?

no they are working on level 4 at the moment i hear they are great though so once i get range maxed i will give them a shot