Commonalities From Raid to Raid

ryan723
ryan723
Master Tactician
Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,189
edited 25 Aug 2012, 1:06AM
I would like to take a moment to put together a list compiled of what weapons, defense etc. That remained the same throughout events in hopes of having an idea of what kinds of defense/weapons would be best suited to be built specifically for events that would not be useless after just one event. And I am not saying they never changed range, added defenses and whatnot, just trying to help people understand that kixeye does keep many things the same per raid.

1) Sent Missiles, long range. (Towers)
2) Ballistic Weapon, long range (Towers)
3) Number of ships based on level of OP
4) The health of each ship based on the level

All I can think of for now but feel free to add anything.

*******THIS IS MEANT TO FIND COMMONALITIES AND I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WAS MOST LIKELY THE LAST BASE INVASION********** Perhaps it will be wise to learn from the next event what types of defenses/weapons work well because we can assume that they will do more than one type.
Lucky Luke wrote: »
Our group has started to call them Zombie fleets....for obvious reasons.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7492/mynewsig.png
I will be following this thread with interest. Please carry on.
  • cfreak
    cfreak
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 138
    the problem i see with what u have is your doing based off of Base Invasion. First event type Kixeye release and i hope never comes back well atleast not by the rules it had was Revenge Raid. Send ships out kill salvages return to base with cargo to get points. Salvage fleet went boom after u won so had to kill and collect at the same time. BI did better by allowing for 4 ppl to join in a battle against the Drac OP the funniest thing i saw that ppl complained about in my sector was that High lvls would get pissed if they were attacking a lvl 25 OP and someone else joined in the attack.
    To be honest I hope that the next Event is good and that if there is ships/fleets that we need to take out that they have Subs in them.
    Otherwise allowing us to have the new hull and the BC is kind of pointless.
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,189
    cfreak wrote: »
    the problem i see with what u have is your doing based off of Base Invasion. First event type Kixeye release and i hope never comes back well atleast not by the rules it had was Revenge Raid. Send ships out kill salvages return to base with cargo to get points. Salvage fleet went boom after u won so had to kill and collect at the same time. BI did better by allowing for 4 ppl to join in a battle against the Drac OP the funniest thing i saw that ppl complained about in my sector was that High lvls would get pissed if they were attacking a lvl 25 OP and someone else joined in the attack.
    To be honest I hope that the next Event is good and that if there is ships/fleets that we need to take out that they have Subs in them.
    Otherwise allowing us to have the new hull and the BC is kind of pointless.

    Yeah basing it off of invasion seems kinda pointless even as I was typing it, but I was hoping that it would help out newbies and some of the older players to learn that during these events they have had at least 5 of them each and yes they do get tougher but learning what kinds of defenses we have to go up against we can keep refitting/building to defend against them and we see that they keep the types of defenses the same.

    With the exception of the concussive, but till now there was no defense against anyway.
    Lucky Luke wrote: »
    Our group has started to call them Zombie fleets....for obvious reasons.

    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7492/mynewsig.png
    I will be following this thread with interest. Please carry on.
  • Lou Seal
    Lou Seal
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 556
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,112
    Ive played every base invaders raid from BI 1 through to BI 6. Every raid has brought some minor some major changes to the drac outposts. But for me one fleet has remained my best fleet throughout and thats my siege missile set. Regardless of the changes they made or whatever was thrown at us my siege missile fleets ( 1 ff fleet 1 hh fleet ) have killed the base the fastest, with least amount of damage. and been my best score takers. they can auto 31s. some 2 at a time before repair. but they take damage. I cc repair.

    In terms of free repair and a low budget raid. Ive never played one as i was always being a **** and chasing globals so for me my raids were planed around how much i can get in the fastest way. I would have 7 sometimes 9 fleets working on auto collecting 2-3 mil per hour. I do think though that a raid can be done with very very little costs. i think i could do a raid with 0 costs and collect all prizes. but im lazy so i coin. Im not going to post techniques here of how you can do this because it wont be fair to kixeye but if you want to pm me we can discuss it.

    I have yet to see any commonalities. KIXEYE change it up and shuffle things around to keep it challenging and keep us on our toes. The fleets i used to kill drac bases in BI2 were still killing them in BI6. and these fleets were not built for base invaders they were my general base hitting fleets.

    I use to run

    HH siege missile, 3 28s or 2 31s per trip
    HH siege mort, 2 28s or 1 31 per trip
    HH cutlass, 2 28s or 1 31 per trip
    assault missile ff ra3, 1 28 per trip
    assault missile ff compound, 1 28 per trip
    siege missile ff, 3 28s or 2 31s per trip
    siege mort ff, 2 28s or 1 31 per trip
    thud set goliaths, 2 31s or 5 28s per trip ( USED IN BI 5 ONLY )
    sc siege mort, 3 28s or 2 31s per trip ( BI 6 ONLY )
    sc siege cannon, 1 31 or 3 28s per trip ( BI 6 ONLY )
    cudas 1 34 per trip

    The point is if you focus on your ship builds the drac base aren't that tough. study there weaponry and counter it. as you would when fighting a foe in normal play. when you attack a players base you prep. you clear fleets. maybe pop a turret. Drac bases are no different. prep. kill the guard fleet. then send in the base hitter. almost all the strategy in this game is math. its dps and range. percentages. sit down and work out your sets with a calculator handy . i spend hours doing this daily. If you work your fleet setups out properly then BI drac bases and the raid itself is not a great challenge.

    sorry for the long post and rant.
    Join my weekly show on YouTube and follow us on Facebook as we discuss all things BP....The Forsaken Council. 
  • TheRealCore
    TheRealCore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 5,474
    Oh my god...Wall of texts. Can't believe i read it all too...o.O Haven't seen this much typing since Curtis Smale......
    Atta-Comb 
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,112
    Oh my god...Wall of texts. Can't believe i read it all too...o.O Haven't seen this much typing since Curtis Smale......

    Yeah not sure why i writ all that. perhaps i should delete before my hate groupies start flaming.
    Join my weekly show on YouTube and follow us on Facebook as we discuss all things BP....The Forsaken Council. 
  • Gary_M
    Gary_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 362
    ReLeNtLeSs wrote: »
    Ive played every base invaders raid from BI 1 through to BI 6. Every raid has brought some minor some major changes to the drac outposts. But for me one fleet has remained my best fleet throughout and thats my siege missile set. Regardless of the changes they made or whatever was thrown at us my siege missile fleets ( 1 ff fleet 1 hh fleet ) have killed the base the fastest, with least amount of damage. and been my best score takers. they can auto 31s. some 2 at a time before repair. but they take damage. I cc repair.

    In terms of free repair and a low budget raid. Ive never played one as i was always being a **** and chasing globals so for me my raids were planed around how much i can get in the fastest way. I would have 7 sometimes 9 fleets working on auto collecting 2-3 mil per hour. I do think though that a raid can be done with very very little costs. i think i could do a raid with 0 costs and collect all prizes. but im lazy so i coin. Im not going to post techniques here of how you can do this because it wont be fair to kixeye but if you want to pm me we can discuss it.

    I have yet to see any commonalities. KIXEYE change it up and shuffle things around to keep it challenging and keep us on our toes. The fleets i used to kill drac bases in BI2 were still killing them in BI6. and these fleets were not built for base invaders they were my general base hitting fleets.

    I use to run

    HH siege missile, 3 28s or 2 31s per trip
    HH siege mort, 2 28s or 1 31 per trip
    HH cutlass, 2 28s or 1 31 per trip
    assault missile ff ra3, 1 28 per trip
    assault missile ff compound, 1 28 per trip
    siege missile ff, 3 28s or 2 31s per trip
    siege mort ff, 2 28s or 1 31 per trip
    thud set goliaths, 2 31s or 5 28s per trip ( USED IN BI 5 ONLY )
    sc siege mort, 3 28s or 2 31s per trip ( BI 6 ONLY )
    sc siege cannon, 1 31 or 3 28s per trip ( BI 6 ONLY )
    cudas 1 34 per trip

    The point is if you focus on your ship builds the drac base aren't that tough. study there weaponry and counter it. as you would when fighting a foe in normal play. when you attack a players base you prep. you clear fleets. maybe pop a turret. Drac bases are no different. prep. kill the guard fleet. then send in the base hitter. almost all the strategy in this game is math. its dps and range. percentages. sit down and work out your sets with a calculator handy . i spend hours doing this daily. If you work your fleet setups out properly then BI drac bases and the raid itself is not a great challenge.

    sorry for the long post and rant.

    Very good info here. Thanks.
    Grimnir - lvl 56
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,189
    ReLeNtLeSs wrote: »
    Ive played every base invaders raid from BI 1 through to BI 6. Every raid has brought some minor some major changes to the drac outposts. But for me one fleet has remained my best fleet throughout and thats my siege missile set. Regardless of the changes they made or whatever was thrown at us my siege missile fleets ( 1 ff fleet 1 hh fleet ) have killed the base the fastest, with least amount of damage. and been my best score takers. they can auto 31s. some 2 at a time before repair. but they take damage. I cc repair.

    In terms of free repair and a low budget raid. Ive never played one as i was always being a **** and chasing globals so for me my raids were planed around how much i can get in the fastest way. I would have 7 sometimes 9 fleets working on auto collecting 2-3 mil per hour. I do think though that a raid can be done with very very little costs. i think i could do a raid with 0 costs and collect all prizes. but im lazy so i coin. Im not going to post techniques here of how you can do this because it wont be fair to kixeye but if you want to pm me we can discuss it.

    I have yet to see any commonalities. KIXEYE change it up and shuffle things around to keep it challenging and keep us on our toes. The fleets i used to kill drac bases in BI2 were still killing them in BI6. and these fleets were not built for base invaders they were my general base hitting fleets.

    I use to run

    HH siege missile, 3 28s or 2 31s per trip
    HH siege mort, 2 28s or 1 31 per trip
    HH cutlass, 2 28s or 1 31 per trip
    assault missile ff ra3, 1 28 per trip
    assault missile ff compound, 1 28 per trip
    siege missile ff, 3 28s or 2 31s per trip
    siege mort ff, 2 28s or 1 31 per trip
    thud set goliaths, 2 31s or 5 28s per trip ( USED IN BI 5 ONLY )
    sc siege mort, 3 28s or 2 31s per trip ( BI 6 ONLY )
    sc siege cannon, 1 31 or 3 28s per trip ( BI 6 ONLY )
    cudas 1 34 per trip

    The point is if you focus on your ship builds the drac base aren't that tough. study there weaponry and counter it. as you would when fighting a foe in normal play. when you attack a players base you prep. you clear fleets. maybe pop a turret. Drac bases are no different. prep. kill the guard fleet. then send in the base hitter. almost all the strategy in this game is math. its dps and range. percentages. sit down and work out your sets with a calculator handy . i spend hours doing this daily. If you work your fleet setups out properly then BI drac bases and the raid itself is not a great challenge.

    sorry for the long post and rant.

    Very good detailed info. I have to agree that siege weapons work well on OPs. That being said, I think that because they have great building damage they will be great for put on a couple of ships, tied in with hails, ra3 and I think they will be good for nearly any type of event.

    What I have done was put 3 hhs with siege and 2 levis with thuds al3 hb3 and they levis take the damage first.
    Lucky Luke wrote: »
    Our group has started to call them Zombie fleets....for obvious reasons.

    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7492/mynewsig.png
    I will be following this thread with interest. Please carry on.
  • tungluu
    tungluu
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 76
    love this thread as very interesting topic and very helpful reply
    +1 Vote for bi-monthly raid :cool:
    I BOUGHT the Barracuda, Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Destroyer, Light Cruiser, Battle Cruiser, Battle Ship, Dread-X, Spectre, Corvette, HH-B and more event-hull-prizes.
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,189
    tungluu wrote: »
    love this thread as very interesting topic and very helpful reply

    I was hoping that it would help people. I am sure that we need to refit ships with weapons that are good against buildings and ships. Not sure what Kixeye's plan is for the next event, but looking at the stats on the weapons, and what prizes were won during previous events, I can say that ships that don't have special slots to spare, the armor that has resistance to the weapons such as ballistic and missile is a great solution.

    For example, levis with al3, hb3 and thud 4s are great but leaves no special slots, say for ra3, so that's where the armor from the previous events would come in handy because while the armor points may be less, it does have resistance and less armor points means faster repair anyway.
    Lucky Luke wrote: »
    Our group has started to call them Zombie fleets....for obvious reasons.

    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7492/mynewsig.png
    I will be following this thread with interest. Please carry on.
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,189
    Seems like Kixeye likes range and missles, so I guess its a safe bet to be able to shoot at long range with ra3 protection.
    Lucky Luke wrote: »
    Our group has started to call them Zombie fleets....for obvious reasons.

    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7492/mynewsig.png
    I will be following this thread with interest. Please carry on.
  • tunder.
    tunder.
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 2,086
    ReLeNtLeSs wrote: »
    The point is if you focus on your ship builds the drac base aren't that tough. study there weaponry and counter it. as you would when fighting a foe in normal play. when you attack a players base you prep. you clear fleets. maybe pop a turret. Drac bases are no different. prep. kill the guard fleet. then send in the base hitter. almost all the strategy in this game is math. its dps and range. percentages. sit down and work out your sets with a calculator handy . i spend hours doing this daily. If you work your fleet setups out properly then BI drac bases and the raid itself is not a great challenge.

    sorry for the long post and rant.

    lol, asking the brainless to think
    Retired, Not playing BP with planes in it.
Sign In or Register to comment.