Troops are not moving on the map - ***Resolved***

• Rigger9
    Rigger9
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 72
    314159rat wrote: »
    I sympathize, but this is not the right thread or what they need in the way of information. What sector are you in and WHAT IS WORKING AND WHAT IS NOT?

I had, previous to posting that, submitted 2 support tickets relating to each issue with all relevant information.

I feel as though those of us who trouble ourselves to post on this forum represent the more passionate players of this game. It is our job to advocate for others in our sector who may use chat and other features, but are either unaware this forum exists or are too apathetic about Kixeyes response to try using it. I therefore let myself express just a small fraction of the frustration shown in chat by my fellow players in sector 52... They are honestly fed up with bugs such as this.

BTW, this issue is gripping even players who have already completed the Gatling Truck event in my sector. The issue therefore is NOT related to that.

The issue is that for all players in my sector, the 'move platoon' and 'return platoon to base' buttons do absolutely nothing. Everything else works as normal.
  • Todd A Muse
    Todd A Muse
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    I honestly think its event related - might not even be a glitch who knows - they may not want people attacking player bases until after the event so everyone has a fair chance.
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 60
    Rigger9 wrote: »
    I had, previous to posting that, submitted 2 support tickets relating to each issue with all relevant information.

I feel as though those of us who trouble ourselves to post on this forum represent the more passionate players of this game. It is our job to advocate for others in our sector who may use chat and other features, but are either unaware this forum exists or are too apathetic about Kixeyes response to try using it. I therefore let myself express just a small fraction of the frustration shown in chat by my fellow players in sector 52... They are honestly fed up with bugs such as this.

BTW, this issue is gripping even players who have already completed the Gatling Truck event in my sector. The issue therefore is NOT related to that.

The issue is that for all players in my sector, the 'move platoon' and 'return platoon to base' buttons do absolutely nothing. Everything else works as normal.

I LOVE this post!

THANK YOU! I agree fully that those of us who bother to show up are a vocal minority and DO represent our sectors and alliances. I know that I have pushed BOTH of those to file bugs and show up here and been told that either it does not matter or that they just do not have the time.

Stand up and be heard Brothers and Sisters! The time of the (well whatever...)
  • Bo WC
    Bo WC
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 130
    So how are we then supposed to restock the resources necessary to repair buildings and units ? If we can't raid rogue bases in between attacks ? Would it be "fair", according to you, Todd, to be fully dependent on the depots one happens to own and the coincidental lvls of the factories and pumps ?
  • GrizzlyJack
    GrizzlyJack
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 6
    Sector 92: same thing, everyone is stuck.

First there was the Warhawk event with lots of loopholes. Then they shoved the new repair rules down our throats. Now these "frozen platoons".
    And yes, I know, the code is Beta. But the credits WE pay while testing THEIR code are REAL money!
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    I honestly think its event related - might not even be a glitch who knows - they may not want people attacking player bases until after the event so everyone has a fair chance.

If this was so there would not be ANY sectors moving and some are still reporting that they are.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    Sector 92: same thing, everyone is stuck.

First there was the Warhawk event with lots of loopholes. Then they shoved the new repair rules down our throats. Now these "frozen platoons".
    And yes, I know, the code is Beta. But the credits WE pay while testing THEIR code are REAL money!

No, it is BETA money, have you seen the US deficit recently? OK, bad joke, but go into a store and ask them if they take "promissory notes from a bankrupt government" and they will look at you funny. Then pull out a twenty and ask if they take these. A very interesting discussion can happen with some people...

Now the fact that we get paid in this stuff is an entirely different problem...
  • Daniel Bolyard
    Daniel Bolyard
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    I am in sector 95 and when I deploy my platoons they won't move , nor can I bring them back in my base!!!!!! Whats up guys ????
  • RuiAmaral
    RuiAmaral
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 53
    And the ppl already have the galtin will stay looking for is base and doing nothing right
  • Todd A Muse
    Todd A Muse
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    Honestly - they may unfreeze when event starts - but the fairness is in being leveled by your neighbor right before the event - so I would understand.
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat

Yippee! They have a repro on the bug! This means that THEY can see what is happening!

This is half the battle folks, we are going to get this solved. I can see my new gatling truck parked in my driveway now...

(We do GET gatling trucks, right?)
  • msteinw231
    msteinw231
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Could someone please help? I deployed 2 platoons and now neither will move or return to base. How do I get them to move again?
    msteinw231
  • Moose1
    Moose1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 220
    I really don't think this issue is at all tied to the event. It began happening late last evening after the "bug fix patch" was loaded. It is more likely related to that. That's just an uneducated guess thinking that it came after something was changed that the change is related to the problem.
  • Commander-Reject
    Commander-Reject
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,825
    Did any of you who are experiencing this issue relocate at all?

and if anyone wants to test, it is possible that relocating might at least temporarily fix it for you.
    No i did not relocate.and i wont will the event is going on srry. i have the same platoon problem also my timer seems to be stuck for this event. But i did send in a ticket for this problem here is the Ticket number: KIX_SPT_0000191850
    War Commander   Nickname: Reject  Rank: Captain   Level: 36   Sector: Where ever i may roam
    http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

• NikNaks
    NikNaks
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Any updates to troops not moving?
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    No i did not relocate.and i wont will the event is going on srry. i have the same platoon problem also my timer seems to be stuck for this event. But i did send in a ticket for this problem

The timer runs in hours, mine is working fine in sector 88, but it SEEMS stuck with my platoons in the glue traps. What number of hours are you stuck at?

BTW I LOVE the signature!
  • Commander-Reject
    Commander-Reject
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,825
    2 hours is what it is stuck at NVm its down to 1 hour now Nice on the signature
    War Commander   Nickname: Reject  Rank: Captain   Level: 36   Sector: Where ever i may roam
    http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

• martyvh99
    martyvh99
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 3
    Sector 29 as well, moved a platoon next to my base and cannot move it.
  • Bo WC
    Bo WC
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 130
    Haha, elementary indeed, deer (haha) Moose1.
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    How long has it been at 2 hours?
  • IH8TU-2
    IH8TU-2
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 11
    hi sec 78 is also having same prob and raid starts in an hr ..
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    They have a fix!

They are going down for 15 minutes at 8:45 pacific to implement it.

Can you guys put it out on the chats in all your sectors?
  • Shane Justin Hladinec
    Shane Justin Hladinec
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 28
    when this new quest started my tech center was even with the quest now there is one hour left on the uest and 9 hours left on tech center for unlocking megas. there is something wrong with the tech center timer. I haven't been dped or anything the whole time. Please fix
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    when this new quest started my tech center was even with the quest now there is one hour left on the uest and 9 hours left on tech center for unlocking megas. there is something wrong with the tech center timer. I haven't been dped or anything the whole time. Please fix

I STRONGLY suggest you start a new thread for this. With a fix coming for the stuck platoon issue this thread is likely not to be rad much anymore.
  • Ben Walsh
    Ben Walsh
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    War commander or kixeye is fixing it right now and will be done in about 25 mins the servers will be down for 15mins
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    Ok, fix now at 8:40, not 8:45AM pacific daylight time.

Kixeye, you need to post here as well, but THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATES.

:) :) :)
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    replies here get lost, that is why a separate thread gets posted. But you beat me to it any way.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    I tried to PM you but your box is full. :) I would guess that is an occupational hazard!

Do you have a chat spam function to let everyone online know what is coming?
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ok the issue is now resolved, please refresh to ensure you get the fix.

Please accept our apologies for the delay.
This discussion has been closed.