How to capture Large Depos.

watever_whoever_whenever
watever_whoever_whenever
Greenhorn
Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 8
edited 27 Jun 2012, 11:07AM
this however not a tutorial but a question to any experts who has successfully captured large/giant depos over and over and over and over again. i tried to capture a large oil tht belongs to another player but failed miserably.

heres what i used.
-8challengers lvl2 - 4th line
-5paladins lvl4 - 3rd line
-15riflemen -1st line
-15gunners -2nd line
-dogs - mortar baiting

results??.... ALL DEAD! except for dogs :P

thanks! :)
  • Tug123
    Tug123
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 602
    finish upgrading either the paladins or the challengers to at least level 6 so that they outrange all the turrets. You will find this makes the game MUCH easier.
    Looks like a sword to me, you have a filthy mind.
  • Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,704
    BadCompany wrote: »
    finish upgrading either the paladins or the challengers to at least level 6 so that they outrange all the turrets. You will find this makes the game MUCH easier.
    What he said. Level 6 is the magic number
      WC ID 3439259
  • Frances Mangan
    Frances Mangan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 252
    How does the player that you are attacking have their mortars and turrets? if they are all grouped together then it will be more difficult to take them over.
    VAMPY.
    Link for Tom Borland's Unit overview 2.0 http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/118538-Units-Overview-2.0
    Link below is for Tom Borland's WC Guide? check it out, you may find it useful First-WC-Guide
    BYM UID: 9205556 . WC UID: 144 -- OS: Win7,Browser: Chrome, Flash: 11.1.102.55
  • watever_whoever_whenever
    watever_whoever_whenever
    Greenhorn
    i had 3 heavy platoons surrounding the depo 2 real large with challengers/paladins the other one full of razors(maxed out). if i cant get close to turrets that sitting infront of a group of mortars how is upgrading chalengers to lvl6 will help anything? :)

...after the 1st platoon dead i quit trying.
  • Frances Mangan
    Frances Mangan
    Minor Nuisance
    The higher the level of your Challengers/Paladins, the better the range is. You can check out the link in my sig for units overview, which gives you the stats on the units. This might help you decide what unit is better for you and let's you see the difference in levels once you have upgraded them. Hope this helps.
    VAMPY.
    Link for Tom Borland's Unit overview 2.0 http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/118538-Units-Overview-2.0
    Link below is for Tom Borland's WC Guide? check it out, you may find it useful First-WC-Guide
  • watever_whoever_whenever
    watever_whoever_whenever
    Greenhorn
    oh ok ur saying better range on chalenger/paladin will start shooting turrets earlier before turrets do. nw i get it thanks :) al this while turrets took a beating on my tanks before they can even get close enuf to shoot at them.
  • Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,704
    The higher the level of your Challengers/Paladins, the better the range is. You can check out the link in my sig for units overview, which gives you the stats on the units. This might help you decide what unit is better for you and let's you see the difference in levels once you have upgraded them. Hope this helps.
    thanks for the link in your signature, nice to have that handy!
      WC ID 3439259
  • Frances Mangan
    Frances Mangan
    Minor Nuisance
    Redeemer wrote: »
    thanks for the link in your signature, nice to have that handy!

You're welcome :)
    VAMPY.