Gatlings or hercs

Master3203
Master3203
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,548
edited 23 Jun 2012, 11:18PM
Which is better at level 6 against hawks. logic says hercs have more health but gatlings have faster RoF
In the absence of light, darkness prevails - Hellboy

Life is like a box of chocolates. you never know what your gonna get- Forrest Gump
  • Jong Montalban
    Jong Montalban
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 151
  • Master3203
    Master3203
    i no which is best for stats. but the wikia wont help. I want to know which one defeats warhawks quicker.

logic dictates hercules is better because same damage, but more health means more damage whilst health is lowered longer. Also the filters for warhawks say infantry damage is lower than vehicle damage.

However. Gatlings have the RoF of a cobra and therefore increase likelihood of more damage and they're better at removing the other common aircraft (copters/cobras). This is because the vehicle filter are OK whilst the infantry filters are good. and Gatlings take up a little less space and aesthetically look better i think than hercs.

So I wanted an experienced players opinion. not just logical stats.

Life is like a box of chocolates. you never know what your gonna get- Forrest Gump
  • KissyFace
    KissyFace
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,058
    i have both and use both for different reasons. but from an attacker standpoint, if i was confronted with an equal number of hercs or gatling trucks; I might engage the gatling trucks, but i would definately avoid the hercs. i'll also note that lately i have been experimenting a little with using a dog to bait the herc while attacking it with the warhawk and have had some success, but still practicing.
    I'm here for MY OWN amusement ... maintaining YOUR amusement is Kixeye's problem
    • KissyFace (33) ID: 1114608
    • Sector: Home 64 (also 82, 11, 171, 214, 223, 32, 236, 215, 201, 267, 184, 393, 370, 363, 117, 102, 351, 120, 185, 90, 89)
    • Alliance: who
  • Master3203
    Master3203
    anyone else. I only ask this cause to me. i have a friend who has level 8 warhawks and he says he has trouble against gatlings. but he has no problem defeating hercs.