how to add units to guard your main base

Robert George
Robert George
Greenhorn
Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
edited 23 Jun 2012, 10:01AM
i can't figure it out. ever since the platoon update everything i make just goes to storage but i was units on my base. can someone help me with how to keep them out of storage please
  • Gary Bramham
    Gary Bramham
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 63
    I carnt help i but i want to answer aswell. its a **** pain
  • Robert George
    Robert George
    Greenhorn
    anyone have a answer?
  • Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,704
    i can't figure it out. ever since the platoon update everything i make just goes to storage but i was units on my base. can someone help me with how to keep them out of storage please
    Click on your "platoons" tab (where units used to be). The first platoon listed is your base defenders. Click "manage" on that platoon. The left portion of the window should now show you what units you have available to put onto your base to defend it. Let me know if this is clear and helps
      WC ID 3439259
  • Ebonsol
    Ebonsol
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 48
    On a related note: when you create units, they have to walk through your base to your staging area, and you can't use them until they get there. You can't even click on them and move them before then, even though you can see them.
    Sol_Magna [ Sector ??? ]
    Level 31 as of August 24, 2012 - WC User ID: 1549175
    Ben Palmer wrote: »
    Using credits for repairs for the whole game most definitely has a correlation with general lack of skill. For example, the most recent "coiner" attack on my base lost 24 megas, 6 warhawks, 3 raptors and a copter drone and gained the grand total of 1 storage (about 1 million metal).
  • Randallman
    Randallman
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,017
    I didn't see anyway to do this when the platoon upgrade first came out, either but another player posted how:

1: Build the units you want (or you already have built) and these will be in your storage (staging area).

2: Click on the platoon tab. The first platoon listed is your base platoon.

3: Click "manage platoon" on your base platoon and you can then add units in your storage into this platoon. These units will now show at the staging area way point in your base.

Note that I already had some units in my base (bunker troops) at time of the platoon upgrade so not sure if you will show a base platoon if you currently have no units in your base.
    WC Preview Game ID 1188403, Firefox, XP Pro, Flash 11,4,402,278
  • Robert George
    Robert George
    Greenhorn
    thank you so much