So for 3 days of repairing you get 6 minutes of play time?

Warmetal Militant
Warmetal Militant
Greenhorn
Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
edited 22 Jun 2012, 6:26PM
I agree with the rest of the people, that the way the repair system is set up has made playing almost impossible. You need a at least a few undamaged platoons to attack other players, depos, or rouge bases. If your damaged platoons are not fixed while you are offline then when you log back in the next time you cant even play.
-So hypothetical you have 7 damaged platoons. you click repair and go to bed.
-The next day you log in to play. and you still have 6 damaged platoons which means you still need to do more repairs, so you click repair again and go offline and some people might not log back on until the next day.
-Now its day three and guess what you still have 5 damaged platoons. But this time you click repair on one of the 5 damaged platoon and you play with the 2 that are undamaged.
-You go and attack a single rouge base and destroy it which takes you 6 minutes but it has left your platoons badly damaged and unusable. -Now you are back to square one with all your platoons damaged.
-So for the 3 days of waiting and repairing you get 6 minutes of actual play time????

Does that make sense to anyone? I think not. Go back to auto repair please.
War Commander lvl 31 Vindictive
  • billgrieve
    billgrieve
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 23
    sorry to say it but war commander is now a pay to play game If you don't pay you will only be able to play 1-2 a week of 10 min just like u said.they got us hocked then take it away
  • Randallman
    Randallman
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,017
    There's no reason to be damaging a single platoon more than a small amount of repairs to take any of the rogue bases. Damaging two to the point that they are unusable suggests you need to adopt better attacking skills and tactics.

If myself and many others can farm 2-3 level 30 rouges per day there's no reason you shouldn't be able to farm 2-3 rogues of the same level or lower with minimal repairs. What level you can farm effectively will depend on what units you have unlocked and what level your units are currently.

If you have level 6 razors and level 6 cobras you should be able to farm any rogue base that does not have hercs with minimal repairs.

Adjust your attack style. Turn RUBI off. Sweep for mines first with rifleman. You'll loose some riflemen but they repair in seconds. Pick off exposed mortars & buildings with your cobras. Air still repairs the old way (all at once on auto at same time as your platoons)... though damage to your cobras by end of farming a rogue should be minimal with no actual lost units. Pick off exposed gun turrets with level 6 razors or level 6 tanks (other than rhino). Rinse & repeat picking off towers until all towers and bunkers are gone then raze the buildings with your cobras. Note that with care, you do not need to destroy all turrets & mortars in order to reach the storage, factories & command center to farm for the resources you need.

This style requires several separate attacks depending on level of rogue base.... but you have unlimited number of attacks so this is not an issue. If a mortar or gun turret fires on your units, simply end the attack and start again.
    WC Preview Game ID 1188403, Firefox, XP Pro, Flash 11,4,402,278
  • paulmh
    paulmh
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,692
    Your right, after the first day of playing your 7 mins for each platoon, plus travel time you are stuck in the repair line. This really does suck and the repair all option needs to come back or I can see loads of players just leaving and playing other games.
    To add to that, I have found a glitch/bug.
    I have 5 platoons of 10x challengers and 1 Paladin in squad1 and air cover in squad 2, and so far have not used them in combat so imagine my surprise when logging in to find all of them with identical damage and with identical repair times. (that's all 5 with this set up)
    There was no attack on my base, I created the platoons with full health units and as I said they have not been in battle yet.
    So I disbanded the platoons and recreated them with 1 damaged unit that gave a 6 minute repair and waited 1 minute to get free repair at -5mins. A **** long winded way to repair your units. We need the repair all function back as the way it is now it's un-playable unless we spend.
    User I.D. 1528381

AREA52 'cos 51 was already taken...........
     [url]http://forums.kixeye.com/faq.php?faq...orting_hackers[/url]
  • Joel Ford
    Joel Ford
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8
    Randallman wrote: »
    There's no reason to be damaging a single platoon more than a small amount of repairs to take any of the rogue bases. Damaging two to the point that they are unusable suggests you need to adopt better attacking skills and tactics.

If myself and many others can farm 2-3 level 30 rouges per day there's no reason you shouldn't be able to farm 2-3 rogues of the same level or lower with minimal repairs. What level you can farm effectively will depend on what units you have unlocked and what level your units are currently.

If you have level 6 razors and level 6 cobras you should be able to farm any rogue base that does not have hercs with minimal repairs.

Adjust your attack style. Turn RUBI off. Sweep for mines first with rifleman. You'll loose some riflemen but they repair in seconds. Pick off exposed mortars & buildings with your cobras. Air still repairs the old way (all at once on auto at same time as your platoons)... though damage to your cobras by end of farming a rogue should be minimal with no actual lost units. Pick off exposed gun turrets with level 6 razors or level 6 tanks (other than rhino). Rinse & repeat picking off towers until all towers and bunkers are gone then raze the buildings with your cobras. Note that with care, you do not need to destroy all turrets & mortars in order to reach the storage, factories & command center to farm for the resources you need.

This style requires several separate attacks depending on level of rogue base.... but you have unlimited number of attacks so this is not an issue. If a mortar or gun turret fires on your units, simply end the attack and start again.
    u might aswell play farmville wheres the fun in that
  • Burton Womble
    Burton Womble
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 8
    I have been steady building tanks since the upgrade, and none of them are showing up as full health units in my staging area, they show destroyed with the rest of them, 20+ tanks all brand new, destroyed...The game sucks donkey balls now, I am getting really tired of this, even with the "fix", my units still don't repair when I'm offline, this morning, I checked on a platoon that I started repairing last night, and it said 5hrs 15 mins, just like it did when I started repairing it last night. WTF????
  • Warriorsinaction
    Warriorsinaction
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 9
    Better to leave this game and play something better, this game is for people those who have credit cards..You guys cant expect everyone to be online always. With the work we HAD fun with war commander, But I think its no more. Bye bye all...
  • timtimmy
    timtimmy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4
    That fine but what about attacking players base or when some one attackes ur platoons and you need 3 days to repair them. I guess you just play by yourself.
  • KIXEYE CM Chris
    KIXEYE CM Chris
    KIXEYE
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 5,174
    paulmh wrote: »
    Your right, after the first day of playing your 7 mins for each platoon, plus travel time you are stuck in the repair line. This really does suck and the repair all option needs to come back or I can see loads of players just leaving and playing other games.
    To add to that, I have found a glitch/bug.
    I have 5 platoons of 10x challengers and 1 Paladin in squad1 and air cover in squad 2, and so far have not used them in combat so imagine my surprise when logging in to find all of them with identical damage and with identical repair times. (that's all 5 with this set up)
    There was no attack on my base, I created the platoons with full health units and as I said they have not been in battle yet.
    So I disbanded the platoons and recreated them with 1 damaged unit that gave a 6 minute repair and waited 1 minute to get free repair at -5mins. A **** long winded way to repair your units. We need the repair all function back as the way it is now it's un-playable unless we spend.
    Just wanted to point out that this is an excellent post. I think if more people start to realize this kind of stuff they will greatly prefer the new challenges.
    I work on War Commander!

Support Form
    Rules

If I don't reply to your PM, don't take it personally. We get far too many to keep track of.
  • Meno Tellinu
    Meno Tellinu
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 23
    Just wanted to point out that this is an excellent post. I think if more people start to realize this kind of stuff they will greatly prefer the new challenges.

I am trying to figure out what you are talking about here Chris. Challenges are one thing, but the new version is ridiculous. Who would prefer to play a game where you can do nothing but wait after playing the game when u could actually DO something and it was fun? I think you quoted just one more person talking about how bad the new "challenges" suck- and I doubt you will convince anyone that this is better than it was. Its bad enough that upgrades take weeks to build (especially with the glitches that turn 5 days into 3 weeks)- but now we cant even repair our troops while offline anymore? Maybe if it took 5 minutes to repair a platoon, instead of a whole day- it wouldnt be so bad. But each platoon takes about a day to repair, and to only be able to repair one at a time just plain sucks. I am glad they brought back the option to at least deploy platoons from the map- but I see absolutely no benefit - except maybe for money grubbing by kixeye-to the new changes. I already spent way more than I should have on this game- back when when I still liked it, and speaking for myself, I will never spend another dime on this game knowing that any minute, they might change it to negate every penny I spent on it. Eventually, people are going to stop playing all of the games where we get sucked in and then crapped on. Eventually, Facebook will see no reason to lease them space anymore.
    My User ID is: 3341481 (BP ID:4206644)
  • Meno Tellinu
    Meno Tellinu
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 23
    Oh, and my apologies for losing my mind yesterday. I was a real jerkwad, and I appreciate the thick skin of the mods here for being able to take one on the chin and still be cool about it.

On that note, I still hate the 300 second wait time post filter here- and I guarantee there will be a lot less griping about the new changes if they would just bring back the repair all function.
    My User ID is: 3341481 (BP ID:4206644)
  • justin jkills101
    justin jkills101
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 322
    yea no one is event on comms thes days you onely get to attack one time then back to fixing ur platoons
  • paulmh
    paulmh
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,692
    I am trying to figure out what you are talking about here Chris. Challenges are one thing, but the new version is ridiculous. Who would prefer to play a game where you can do nothing but wait after playing the game when u could actually DO something and it was fun? I think you quoted just one more person talking about how bad the new "challenges" suck- and I doubt you will convince anyone that this is better than it was. Its bad enough that upgrades take weeks to build (especially with the glitches that turn 5 days into 3 weeks)- but now we cant even repair our troops while offline anymore? Maybe if it took 5 minutes to repair a platoon, instead of a whole day- it wouldnt be so bad. But each platoon takes about a day to repair, and to only be able to repair one at a time just plain sucks. I am glad they brought back the option to at least deploy platoons from the map- but I see absolutely no benefit - except maybe for money grubbing by kixeye-to the new changes. I already spent way more than I should have on this game- back when when I still liked it, and speaking for myself, I will never spend another dime on this game knowing that any minute, they might change it to negate every penny I spent on it. Eventually, people are going to stop playing all of the games where we get sucked in and then crapped on. Eventually, Facebook will see no reason to lease them space anymore.

I can only assume the reference is to the disbanding and rebuilding with just 1 slightly damaged unit, waiting(if needed) for the -5 mins free fix point and starting again. Or rebuilding platoons with healthy units and repairing the others in the queue. Either way it still long winded and we need the option to repair all, I don't care if it costs twice as much in resources, just so long as I don't have to keep logging on every hour or so, we have lives off the game after all.
    User I.D. 1528381

AREA52 'cos 51 was already taken...........
     [url]http://forums.kixeye.com/faq.php?faq...orting_hackers[/url]
  • Calvinucci Opa
    Calvinucci Opa
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 9
    i will throw this game straight in to the bin if they not fix repair system
  • billgrieve
    billgrieve
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 23
    Not to sure what you are saying Chris other then you think we should sit at the computer for 6 hr and repair a platoon 1 by 1 to get the free 5 min??
  • Warmetal Militant
    Warmetal Militant
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    I already spent way more than I should have on this game- back when when I still liked it, and speaking for myself, I will never spend another dime
    same here i will not spend anymore on this game
    War Commander lvl 31 Vindictive
  • daveb7730
    daveb7730
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1
    The new repair function TOTAL FAILURE!!!!!!! Period!
  • LutzVanHossen
    LutzVanHossen
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 8
    Tottally, this crappy new updates make the game suck, you can repair platoon one times and have to babysitting it, and another crappy error is my chat is down too, "unavailable" is what it said. Shame on you Kixeye.