WC update preview - Advanced Platoons and Persistent Infantry

• tsupan
    tsupan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 13
    The repair suxx.. Can only repair 1 platoon at a time.. pls change back .. the old way is better
  • Trent
    Trent
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 9
    how do you put units out into your base??????
  • Alexander Prasetyo
    Alexander Prasetyo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    please change back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Zardoz Cys
    Zardoz Cys
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 34
    Don't like how you have to go to each building to manage your troops. The combined dialog with infantry/vehicl/air was great way to create/repair,promote and unlock all in one place.
    Like the idea of persistent platoons very good. As for the repair, have to use it more before I judge it.
    Actually prefer new units going to base instead of storage perhaps depends on what stage of game you are. Could we have an option to set new units to base or storage?
  • Khashayar Yo
    Khashayar Yo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    my problem is that when i try to add units to a new platoon, i don't know which one is damaged or which one is not. there should be a option to show health of each unit in storage
  • Samuel Raditya
    Samuel Raditya
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 53
    brian1969 wrote: »
    **** how i hate you guys behind the game now, this is so stupid, just started to get addicted to this game and loved to get home from work to see my platoons ready to fight.
    now i have to be online to repair units if i understand correct.
    We need some replies from you guys, are you going to tell us if you will change the things us players demands.

They will not change it on players demands, this is KIXEYE regime, The best things they will give us is only a phrase "TRY IT.....,YOU WILL GET USED TO IT...."
  • Nyen
    Nyen
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 1,653
    I like the new update...you can repair your platoons in depots, which I believe is fantastic and increases the strategic value of gaints however, I like the old system of how infantry, vehicle and air is all in one tab, that system made everything simple and convenient.

Also TO ALL FOOLS WHO POSTED HERE ABOUT WANTING A REPAIR QUE.
    It is believed that re-introducing the repair queue is part of the next update within a month of so, so please shut up with all your ranting.
    Thank you.
    Admin of war commander wiki and vega-conflict wiki.
    WC Tech admin. Please like WC tech for the latest WC news and tips.
    WC:Level 40 - RETIRED
     (\__/)
     (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
     (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • brian1969
    brian1969
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    They will not change it on players demands, this is KIXEYE regime, The best things they will give us is only a phrase "TRY IT.....,YOU WILL GET USED TO IT...."

But it should be the players that have the power, not them , i mean its us that keeps them going in business.
    We should all stop playing for a day to show our oppinion.
  • Myrtin Tran
    Myrtin Tran
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 10
    "You will see that you can only repair a single platoon at a time and can not queue up all units in your base/storage to repair." ughhh this is what I hated about battle pirates. so now instead of going to bed knowing that a good chunk of my units will be repaired when I wake up, I now will have to wake up in increments at night in order to check up on current repairs and begin new repairs >:(

hate to say it but i agree, makes the game a LOT less attractive now.
  • Nyen
    Nyen
    But it should be the players that have the power, not them , i mean its us that keeps them going in business.
    We should all stop playing for a day to show our oppinion.

not happening
     (\__/)
  • brian1969
    brian1969
    Greenhorn
    Nyen wrote: »
    not happening

I know, but it would be a nice way to show them we are not happy....
  • Nyen
    Nyen
    I know, but it would be a nice way to show them we are not happy....

A nice way of showing that you are not happy is by completely quitting the game altogether .. however, if the community is very unhappy about it, Kixeye may make some swift changes (like what happened with one of the BP updates...but it was only a small change)
     (\__/)
  • nikalli
    nikalli
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 10
    There is a problem with removing single units from a platoon. If you put it in you have to disbant the entire platoon to remove it. This is bad.

I agree with those that complain about access of air, ground and infantry unit menus. I believe hixeye tried to make a point of whether your building is destroyed you can"t use it. Interesting twist.
  • blowesooner
    blowesooner
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 41
    i think its crap too i did like this game untill that change thats why some of my friends an i quit playing battle pirates too repair only 1 unit at a time u know some of us work and sleep what u dont want us too this game now sucks we should all stop playing for a week
    KING-KONG
  • TemperNe
    TemperNe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 14
    Enough Whining Already, LOL

Having only 1 platoon repair at a time means that you must PLAY to have troops. I like it. I mean before someone with 108 megas can log in once a week and decimate the area then go away.

I mean if you want to have a complaint, here are some:
    1. Why doesn't the map show green with people in groups. The Facebook API clearly supports getting a list of Groups the user is a member of. Do I need to write the code for ya? Being forced to friend someone sucks as friends might have access to phone numbers and crap.
    2. OMG Move to the new Facebook Fluid canvas. Go to developer tab and select it. This way we can use the whole screen for the game. Even better, allow the **** thing to be resized. See http://docs.jquery.com/UI/API/1.8/Resizable .
    3. DP. Players that port on each other should not be able to DP each other.
    4. Phantoms - I see many dead platoons on the map.
    5. Liar - The reason you can only repair one platoon at a time is to try to get more money. The prices will be cheaper and the incentive is now greater.
    6. Bookmarks, We get 50 out of a map size of 250,000. Plus a way to rename bookmarks and organize them would be key. Just look at the bookmarks for ANY browser as a guide.
    7. Static platoon - Worthless. Each situation requires different units. It is unlikely this will save time.
    8. Alliances - Wow, No support for this concept? Yeah I know I put it twice.
    9. DRINKING COFFEE - The we are UNDER ATTACK message has to go. Why can't you get to the map at least?
    10. Multiple Bases - Duh. This would solve the repair complaint too maybe. Maybe you can only have 1 base per sector.. maybe.
    11. Spies - I think it sucks that i don't have gun trucks just because your marketing sucked. A spy would allow you to steal other people's special units. I was thinking maybe you would have 1 in 100 chance if you got a spy into their command center while DP'in their base. Maybe you could increase this by using more spies.
    12. Auto breakout - If your toon is surrounded while moving, instead of stopping it just automatically hits the first unit in its way and attacks with rubi. It is annoying that 12 challenger tanks can be killed just by surrounding it with toons of buggies and taken out with air.

Do you want more, I have many more.

Plus, I know what I am talking about. I have been a developer for years. Can program .NET, php, java, c[++], etc. Have interfaced with almost every RDBS. To keep track of how many times a unit has died is 1 SQL statement. But i disagree with the concept of units permanently dieing after so many deaths. As far as the support, you guys don't answer tickets anyways do ya? I have had a ticket for like a week, it's still unanswered.
  • coastman
    coastman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 21
    You will see that you can only repair a single platoon at a time and can not queue up all units in your base/storage to repair. We made this decision to simplify the UI. As you can now repair platoons on deposits it should even out in terms of time spent, for most it will be a time-saver compared to the old system.

While i appreciate the improvements that you think you have made I have 2 things to say to all at Kixeye and who play WC. The statement above from your own description is a flat out LIE! You can spin it anyway that you want to but this a deceitful, misleading and patently false statement. Before this new change one could trust that while they were away from the game that their damaged vehicles would be repaired if the needed amount of time had passed. (this way one could actually take a dump and eat and maybe sleep or GOD PHUCKING forbid go to their job or spend some time with their family and when they actually had time to play would at least have plenty of equipment available to do so)

But now with these changes not only are they not a time saver but they are more complicated than a one shot full list. What you have done Kixeye is to make it so that a player who has more than 1 platoon in need of repair is forced to log back into the game after a platoon has repaired to select the next platoon to be repaired and so on and so on thus requiring a player to be forced to keep coming back over and over just to get their damaged vehicles repaired. So rather than being able to come back in 12 hours for example and finding all repairs made instead one will have to follow an alarm clock or other timer in order to select the next platoon to be repaired perhaps every 15 minutes to 4 hours depending on the platoons themselves. And if they are unable to return timely and often then they will discover that only 1 platoon will have been repaired while they were away. Also you have made no mention of the repairs to units put in storage. Will they ever be repaired if not in a platoon? Based n the information I can see there is no way to know, nor is their any way to view any repair progress like we could before.

Personally I find the explanation for this change to also be very insulting to my intelligence and extremely dishonest of you. Just like when one turns off the R.U.B.I. assistant yet still must fight the agenda of their vehicles and airplanes. If i am supposedly the commander then why does my tanks and helicopters still shoot at or attempt to target buildings and defenses that i have not instructed it to? (other than the obvious fact that it is a built in aspect to attempt to defeat an attack...basically your own installed cheat code. The promise of self control is only an illusion this way. I do not use the RUBI but more often than not I find my tanks and helicopters automatically shooting at things i did not target and realigning their 'commanded' direction. Believe it or not it should be the players choice to not target or shoot at everything. The only time they behave this way is when they are being hit with lots of defense guns on the perimeters of a base. But every time i want my tanks to not shoot and just wait they spin and start aiming at objectives that were not targeted (usually at the same time a damaged building's troops come out and start their assault on those tanks, and at the slow rate of spin the tanks have the time it takes to get them to align the way I had them they get hit with defensive fire (it may be minimal damage sometimes but it s clear that a good strategy must and will always be punished in WC).

So please don't say a change will save time when in fact it requires one to continually monitor the repair time of individual platoons to be efficient. It WAS efficient before this change . The very least you owe all of us players is honesty and to not insult our intelligence with an explanation such as the one quoted above. Besides you liars, when a depot is defeated the platoons injured their have to leave, and return to ones base where they, as you said can't be queued up to be repaired. So exactly how will that be more efficient for me the player?. The repair times have not been decreased. What it is more efficient at is you increasing the number of 'hits' you get of people having to load the game. This will backfire on you, because if i have to manually select each platoon that gets repaired and thus can not get any of them repaired while I am not online I will just stop playing since all i will have when i would return is one platoon repaired. Whats the point of being able to even deploy more than 1 platoon at a time (of which I can deploy 10) when I have to set an alarm 10 times to re-enter the game precisely when repairs are complete to queue up the next? What is the point of having space capacity to create platoons that once damaged would require so much attention to repair them. How much of my time do you really want? This change clearly is sounding the death knell of this game. It is not an improvement but instead a giant step backwards. The one thing that made the game great is that it was possible to manage one's own time in blocks in order to play, now you want us to be so enslaved that we must keep returning over and over just to get back to what we already had. That is not efficient nor an improvement. Whomever came up with this idea or made the decision to implement it should be fired immediately. Now War Commander just sucks ****.
  • blowesooner
    blowesooner
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 41
    hate to say it but i agree, makes the game a LOT less attractive now.
    i agree we should all stop playing for a week
    KING-KONG
  • Nenad-R
    Nenad-R
    Greenhorn
    Any help to back army in base from full Giant depo capacitity was been 2000 now is limit 1500 .See pics
    Need help.jpg

need hepl 2.jpg

need help 3.jpg
  • Dukep6
    Dukep6
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 61
    David Scott . you guys should really put in platoon repair queue the new system is nice but really need to queue our platoons to get repair. what you can maybe do to is poet in 2 sorts of repair one for platoons and one for base and depos. or just the queue
  • Ron Davidson
    Ron Davidson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Given that Kixeye is predicted to make a profit of 7/9 figures this year. An update to try and force money from players doesn't make much sense

Yeah because greed isn't inherent in virtually every company. It's all about getting us to spend. I for one will NEVER spend a red cent on these cheesy FB games. Especially when I have an XBOX and a PS3. I'll abandon this one just like all the rest as soon as the wait times get too bothersome, which will be real soon and I'm only a lvl 15. These developers need to get advertising and stop try to squeeze us so these games can stop sucking as soon as you gain some levels.
  • merc12345
    merc12345
    Greenhorn
    Kixeye you have messed up bad, now we all know why on the old system say you had 85 megas repairing it would say next to it repair instantly for 90 fb credits now that put most off so in this update you have broke repairs down to single platoon at a time , now it says instant repair for 5 credits which means its more attractive ,so this update is a blatant way of trying to make alot of money from your already addicted members , this update if not reversed will lose you at least 70% of players at a guess ,you just got it so wrong and also now you are saying in you can log in 100x times a day you can play how the hell can you repair say 30 platoons without constantly logging in to click next plat to repair, if you guys at kixeye read the forums do something or risk losing most of your players as i for one will not be playing much longer with a update that seeks to fleece your gamers of more money than you already do reverse the repair system or risk going down the pan in the most epic fail of a game
    m bradley
  • merc12345
    merc12345
    Greenhorn
    Well said coastman , the way your platoon attacks what it wants is soooo annoying ,the whole point of turning rubi off is so that you chose what you hit
    m bradley
  • don't try to hack
    don't try to hack
    Greenhorn
    New update is full of crap.. if the money earning stratergy is only your desire ill stop playing this game,, repairing time very bad and deploying units poor than before it was.. it is way better if this update havent been done.. big dislike.. hope to see a change soon.. Winfield Blue sector 8
  • merc12345
    merc12345
    Greenhorn
    Another thing kixeye look at all the post on this new update and note most who are posting on this subject is there first post , meaning most who have posted have regd a forum account as are so annoyed at this update fix this shamefull last update or be the laughing stock of gaming world for the record of losing the most members in 1 day
    m bradley
  • heathergal
    heathergal
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 44
    we need auto repair some people dont go on every day and its not fair on these people that they will come on and have to repair troops so wont beable to do anything. the people with money are the only people who will benifit the way things are just now.
  • airwolf78
    airwolf78
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    I'm finding this new update confusing, why cant i pull out a single unit from a depot or just a few why do we need to pull the full platoon as this leaves your depot unprotected and vulnerable. I'm dyslexic and find the information that u have given unclear to understand. I preferred it the old way was much easier to understand. I know its early days but its slowly putting me off the game. The repairs are taking so much longer to repair as u can only repair 1 platoon at a time :(.
  • Andreas Cornelius
    Andreas Cornelius
    Greenhorn
    I mean also that the solution, that all units will be repaired in time, the better one. If it's will be not re-changed I will quit the game like Battle Pirates.
    I don't have the time to stay all day online to check my platoons to repair. These update came because Kixeye want make more money.
  • Justin Shaun Antoni Wylie
    Justin Shaun Antoni Wylie
    Greenhorn
    the new update is good but dont like how you have to be online to repair ur troops and building it just stupid you should keep the platoon up date just put back that you can repair while off line
  • merc12345
    merc12345
    Greenhorn
    All about greed now , get 1000s hooked then sting em with a crap update
    m bradley
  • jimmymcgoochie
    jimmymcgoochie
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,164
    so now they make infantry able to be resurrected from death, and only one 'platoon' repaired at a time (even ones on deposits)???

change the repairs back! what good is this new stuff when the old way (1hp in each then send them back out again) worked sooooooooo much better??? old way: leave it on overnight, next day all units are shiny and fixed...
    new way: leave it on overnight, next day ONLY ONE PLATOON is repaired, the rest are still dead (but enough time to repair all of them has passed)
    My VC story: 
    Vega Conflict-er since closed beta phase 1, back when torpedo harriers ruled the sector.
    BP- started in the black sea days, then the game died...
    WC- started pre-World Map, then everything went downhill.

My BP story series:
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/202668
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/239790
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/466086 (in progress).

This discussion has been closed.