Unable to log in

Ben Marcum
Ben Marcum
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 272
edited 12 Jun 2012, 6:59AM
I can't log into war commander or any other facebook game. What's going on here? I don't have a separate password or anything. If I can't log in through facebook I have no access.

edit: ok I think I know what's going on. I had just installed an adobe flash update. Maybe you guys should look into that. and find out what's wrong with adobe. IN the meantime how do I undo an update to adobe flash?
  • Nyen
    Nyen
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 1,653
    You MUST log in through facebook to play ANY facebook games.

It is NOT a flash issue. This has NOTHING to do with KIXEYE.
    Admin of war commander wiki and vega-conflict wiki.
    WC Tech admin. Please like WC tech for the latest WC news and tips.
    WC:Level 40 - RETIRED
     (\__/)
     (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
     (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Ben Marcum
    Ben Marcum
    Minor Nuisance
    Nyen wrote: »
    You MUST log in through facebook to play ANY facebook games.

It is NOT a flash issue. This has NOTHING to do with KIXEYE.
    Then how come undoing the flash update enabled me to play the game again ? war commander is played using flash player
  • kriegmarine
    kriegmarine
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 31
    how do you undue update? ill try that been getting loading all the time on grey screen 2nd marine on war comander
  • Ben Marcum
    Ben Marcum
    Minor Nuisance
    how do you undue update? ill try that been getting loading all the time on grey screen 2nd marine on war comander
    if you are using PC click on start button. Then type restore point. Click on that when it pops up. then select your latest restore point. That dates before the change you want to undo.
  • kriegmarine
    kriegmarine
    Potential Threat
    Ben Marcum wrote: »
    if you are using PC click on start button. Then type restore point. Click on that when it pops up. then select your latest restore point. That dates before the change you want to undo.

no good given up still can not log in server 95 active? still loads and loads caught in loop drives you nuts must been hacked or something war commander works on daughter facebook account on same pc??? i have **** it :(
  • Josep16
    Josep16
    Tribune
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 12
    ive had the same problem :/ gone to adobe website and tried installing an earlier flash
  • Josep16
    Josep16
    Tribune
    or we wait till developers have revamped the game to the current adobe flash. the game is unstable with the current update of flash and should be if they get enough complaints
  • kriegmarine
    kriegmarine
    Potential Threat
    try that but how can i play on my pc on daughter facebook account?
  • Josep16
    Josep16
    Tribune
    im worried about accounts becoming corrupt :/
  • Ben Marcum
    Ben Marcum
    Minor Nuisance
    Josep16 wrote: »
    or we wait till developers have revamped the game to the current adobe flash. the game is unstable with the current update of flash and should be if they get enough complaints
    Can't blame kixeye for this one. My youtube account couldn't play video ether. But restoring to before the update fixed that as well.
  • dha0s
    dha0s
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 108
    I also installed the latest version of the flash player and the game gets stuck on the loading screen. I also noticed that I've similar problems with other flash games requiring an internet connection. So the problem came with the new flash player and is not caused by Kixeye.

Since I configured my firewall very restrictive it could be possible the problem lies here. I'm going to test this later.
    2. nuff said
    Mostly used by people who desperately want to feel superior, but lack the actual supporting information to be superior in an argument (or even contribute).

When you say "nuff said" you are letting people know that you are not able to have a normal conversation, and cannot accept anything against what you believe.
  • dha0s
    dha0s
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 108
    Problem solved

I assume that all of you guys having this issue are using Firefox.
    As I told in my previous post, I'm running a restrictive firewall. That means everything is blocked at first and I will give permissions individually to some files.

With the new version 11.3.300.257 of the flash plugin there's also a new feature introduced called "Protected Mode for Firefox". Usually every single plugin in Firefox is led through a process called plugin-container.exe. So before that update it was enough to gave a permission to this file. Now there's the new protected mode. Which means that there's a new seperate file for the Flash plugin only which needs a permission.

Basically there are now two ways in order to solve that problem:
    1. Disable the new "Protected Mode for Firefox"
      or
    2. Give that new file an exception in your firewall

I suggest to follow the second way. Since you don't need to disable any new security option. The choice is up to you.

to 1)
    [LIST=2]
    [*]Open the folder C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\
    [*]Find the file mms.cfg in that folder and open it with notepad
    [*]in that file add the line ProtectedMode=0
    [*]save and close the file
    [*]everything should now behave like it was before the update
    [/LIST]

to 2)
    [LIST=3]
    [*]All you have to do is to give an internet permission for the file FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_257.exe in your firewall. This file is also located in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\
    [*]Since everyone's using a different firewall I can't give single instructions how to do it
    [*]The problem I've with this method is that you probably have to do this every single time a new version of the Flash plugin is released
    [/LIST]
    2. nuff said
    Mostly used by people who desperately want to feel superior, but lack the actual supporting information to be superior in an argument (or even contribute).

When you say "nuff said" you are letting people know that you are not able to have a normal conversation, and cannot accept anything against what you believe.