Creating Platoons while base under attack

Steve Alexander
Steve Alexander
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 65
edited 8 Apr 2012, 9:02AM
I'm on the world map and my base is being attacked, what can I do?
If you are on the map when your base is attacked you will still be able to create platoons, move, attack others etc. but you won't be able to get into your base until the attack has finished.

Quoted from the map faq

While my base is under attack I cannot create platoons, or is there a secret to doing this? Just curious, or is this a feature to be added later?
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    hmm, I may have it wrong in the FAQ - we'll double check it.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Steve Alexander
    Steve Alexander
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 65
    Thanks, it would be nice to be able to flatten their base when my oil wells are getting popped. =)
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    This would be a big YES! I want this so badly! This would have helped me so much yesterday, when i was fighting a whole allaince on my own!
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• ShadowTani
    ShadowTani
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 61
    No, the FAQ is correct, just unclear - you can still make platoons from units you got at other locations. It's kinda obvious the units on the position that is under siege would get locked down. ;3
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    ShadowTani wrote: »
    No, the FAQ is correct, just unclear - you can still make platoons from units you got at other locations. It's kinda obvious the units on the position that is under siege would get locked down. ;3

why? then you're not able to defend yourself while under attack.
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• ShadowTani
    ShadowTani
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 61
    You could if you still had units at a deposit close to you, but I know few bothers with that under the current staging area system. I still think it would be unrealistic to be able to make a ground based platoon from a location under siege. But I do understand the current system isn't ideal and very restricted and needs some rethinking from the developers. Maybe they could at least allow you to scout and send air units at non-attacking platoons adjacent to your base?