salvage stealing

Mitch Carroll
Mitch Carroll
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2
edited 12 Feb 2012, 4:50AM
i think that when you defeat the fleet guarding a salvage, it should disappear from the world map of other players so that they cannot steal your salvage. in call of duty, when you kill someone nobody else gets the chance to get the points from it, it makes no sense.
  • rip901
    rip901
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 1,258
    it makes perfect sense, send a guard fleet so people dont steal it, we are pirates, we take what we want if its just sitting open

• Boba Fett
    Boba Fett
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 538
    lol, get to the remains quicker, we have all been dealing with this for a long time. Just because you suck, doesn't mean they need to change the game for the rest of us. They already do enough of that.
    jv_ wrote: »
    Sitting out a bunch of fleets afk and expecting them not to get hit is like posting a memorial post on the forums and expecting it not to get trolled.
  • Zirg
    Zirg
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,799
    Wow, ppl crying over ppl being pirates, on a pirate game lmao.
    Shhh!!!!! Be wery, wery quiet. I'm hunting wabbits.
  • dude26212
    dude26212
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 668
    umm pirates, its kinda in out job description isnt it?
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    When you destroy the draconian guard fleet of a salvage, your own fleet then guards the salvage and anyone trying to take or attack the salvage while your fleet is still there will automatically attack your fleet instead and allows you the chance to stop them from taking the salvage from you.
    Leave a fleet to protect your salvage while you send another to pick up the resources, simple.
    But there isn't anything stopping people from attacking and killing your fleet to steal it off you, after all this is a battle pirate game.
    In call of duty, when you kill someone nobody else gets the chance to get the points from it.
    What about on kill confirmed mode?
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Tom Larkworthy
    Tom Larkworthy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 539
    oh this post made me laugh
    "Schneier's Law" for Battle Pirates, "any person can invent a base so clever that she or he can't think of how to break it.". An example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, named after the authors of: "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments."
    http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/159878-(un)Questionably-the-greatest-base-(part-deux)
  • McShivers
    McShivers
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,077
    Battle Pirates.

If someone wants t osteal your resources (plunder) because you didn't leave a guard fleet - your fault.
    Their headquarters and servers are in america. If you dont like it, dont play american made games. Enough said!
    [QUOTE=Kixeye CM
  • Marc Massom
    Marc Massom
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 266
    OMG! Is there nothing that people won't whine about? Go play Farmville and leave the real games to people who have graduated from diapers.
  • phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,284
    OMG! Is there nothing that people won't whine about? Go play Farmville and leave the real games to people who have graduated from diapers.

A real pirate acknowledges the convenience of diapers and wears them constantly so he doesn't have to stop for a bathroom break in the middle of his plundering.
    Retired
  • CableZL
    CableZL
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 299
    Wow, people really do whine about everything.
  • mreric
    mreric
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 183
    LOL, hey kixeye can you make my own sector all for me so nobody picks on me or steals my salvages lmao

Daniels
    Sector91
  • DAEMONICUS
    DAEMONICUS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,394
    Salvages are fair game. Bottom line, if you've been playing long enough you should know about just how much is in each cargo hold and have enough room in your fleet(s) to be able to load the whole thing. If you sit on a salvage attempting to hold it for yourself while you bring out another fleet, you're just asking for trouble as if I see anyone doing that I kill them and take the salvage, no questions asked unless I see they're a noob and their base is about a few seconds away, then I'm generous but you could be the highest player in the sector with the best fleet, doesn't matter I'm gonna take that salvage if I choose, then you can get your revenge by attacking my base only to find my warehouses are flat and you'll go home with a repair bill higher than the amount of resources that you'll get from me and I'll get a free bubble. Name of the game boys!
  • USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    Go attack them weather there in sector or not and start a war.

Don't come crying on the forums about it.

Its not like your going to get anything out of this thread.
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    FallOut wrote: »
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • The Roo
    The Roo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 64
    A real pirate acknowledges the convenience of diapers and wears them constantly so he doesn't have to stop for a bathroom break in the middle of his plundering.

Classic, now a signiture
    Roo
    Originally Sector 376.. Visited 460, 461, 337, 455, 338 currently 352
  • Ross McCorkindale
    Ross McCorkindale
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 671
    why not have it so for you don't have to fight anyone anymore
    Once No-Beard now HELLO-DS, yep that's me, my youtube channel here
    Drakii wrote: »
    agreed... Just for giggles, if someone whines, SWAG should be able to turn their fleets into floating sausages for 24 hours.
    Currently chilling in 63, Dread X, SC, BS, LC, Specter, Destroyer, and Corvette winner, more yet to be won
    The M wrote: »
    If your base is there and I need resources, I'm a pirate, need I say more?
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,534
    Gives a whole new & rather disturbing meaning to the term **** deck...
    [QUOTE]"I'm a hacker!" - Will Harbin[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]"He was once a legit player like you, until he took a cheat tool to the knee." - Xandamere[/QUOTE]
  • Kathy L
    Kathy L
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 121
    i think that when you defeat the fleet guarding a salvage, it should disappear from the world map of other players so that they cannot steal your salvage. in call of duty, when you kill someone nobody else gets the chance to get the points from it, it makes no sense.

Don't hit bigger salvages than you can carry and you won't have that problem. If you are going to hit bigger salvage than you can carry, and not going to gaurd, it isn't "yours" anymore unless you get back quicker than anyone else. Protecting it for you would be lame for a social game. Larger players like to keep things cleaned up for regen.. smaller players like somethin' for nothin' but, if you sink all their fleets they can be easily trained.

Pick a solution, there many the game has provided for you.
  • Evil Hamster
    Evil Hamster
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 1,049
    Jeez. We have people in our sector hitting 8s non-stop and leaving all the salvage behind. They are just looking for BP. I've gotten millions in salvage from cleaning up after them :)
    106 (born), 8, 169, 209, 274, 319, 419,  76(current)
  • Boba Fett
    Boba Fett
    Skilled Warrior
    Salem Lowe wrote: »
    Jeez. We have people in our sector hitting 8s non-stop and leaving all the salvage behind. They are just looking for BP. I've gotten millions in salvage from cleaning up after them :)
    You're welcome. And The Roo, I thought that same thing yesterday, though I wonder how many people will get it in 2 weeks.
    Sitting out a bunch of fleets afk and expecting them not to get hit is like posting a memorial post on the forums and expecting it not to get trolled.
  • Tom-Hastings
    Tom-Hastings
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,764

this is not call of duty....
    and what the point be in doing this as meny ppl open them to help some of the low lvl guys out in there group....
    If you dnt like the way it if go play your call of duty
    AscensionModeratorUnicorn OverlordJoined Posts: 10,426
    43 minutes ago
    Closing thread as memorials have no place in the game. So therefor neither do complaints about them being hit.

My Info:

In Game Name: -Drodion- Current Level: 59 Alliance: DIDIT

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,791
    @OP,

I hope that you are only opening up the two salvages that appear immediately beside YOUR base.
    Because if you are opening up ANY others, then you are STEALING those salvages from their rightful owner.
    Enjoy your rapid progress with only two salvages every 12 hours or so.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Carl Howard
    Carl Howard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 35
    If you are out getting salvages for their cargo you should bring ships with you that can haul the stuff with you and not attack until they arrive,this sitting there while you sent 1 fleet back and forth is crapola ,build fleets with cargo holds,i see open salvages all the time all over the place,if you don't take em they don't respawn and less chance for someone else to get BP's,and 99% of the ones i see being attacked are with subs and they hold less than 100k so i've been just going out with my FF's that hold 3.6 mill and just collect salvages,great way to fill your WH's.
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    I probably give out 100 mil in res every day or so from salvage ships on days I'm hunting BP's. I post the coords of the ones & usually say how much is there so people know how many ships to bring, then it's a free for all on them. The general guideline I've seen in most of the sectors I've been to is that if you want to keep it, then guard it otherwise it is fair game.
    [QUOTE]"He was once a legit player like you, until he took a cheat tool to the knee." - Xandamere[/QUOTE]
  • Dark Lord Chuckles
    Dark Lord Chuckles
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 3,227
    If someone takes your salvage, your should do the following:

1. Quit whining
    2. Plan better
    3. Got hit the perpetrator's base.
    Yes, I'm back to playing this game. Someone shoot me.
  • Arthur Dela Cruz
    Arthur Dela Cruz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 57
    salvage stealing

Follow me and you'll have all the level 8's,9's and even 10's cookies from salvages ,here's the deal:
    help me Pray to the Kixeye's gods and goddesses to be generous enough and let me get the Bp's I am looking for ages :)

Mc Arthur of 162
    on Vacation in 495
    WTF_McArthur [HTR]
    Lvl. 64

Event Prize Hull : Rogue Vette
  • Boba Fett
    Boba Fett
    Skilled Warrior
    @OP,

I hope that you are only opening up the two salvages that appear immediately beside YOUR base.
    Because if you are opening up ANY others, then you are STEALING those salvages from their rightful owner.
    Enjoy your rapid progress with only two salvages every 12 hours or so.
    I would argue that no salvages are 'yours', yes there are 2 that spawn off of your base for convenience, but the player is in no way entitled to them. But I do get what you are getting at with that message to the OP.
  • Arthur Dela Cruz
    Arthur Dela Cruz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 57

LMFAO, If you're handicapped to defend them against pirates in the high seas, go inland plant some trees and build stable,there is a game called FarmVille :)

Mc Arthur of 162
    on Vacation at 495 hitting all 8's and 9's salvage and leaving the cookies behind for other player to clean up :)
    WTF_McArthur [HTR]
    Lvl. 64

Event Prize Hull : Rogue Vette
  • Ross McCorkindale
    Ross McCorkindale
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 671
    I probably give out 100 mil in res every day or so from salvage ships on days I'm hunting BP's. I post the coords of the ones & usually say how much is there so people know how many ships to bring, then it's a free for all on them. The general guideline I've seen in most of the sectors I've been to is that if you want to keep it, then guard it otherwise it is fair game.

I must agree, if i am bored/full or feeling generous, I'll open salvage while hunting for BP's and leave the res for whoever, now that couldn't happen if the OP got his way, as it hould all be hidden for me and me alone.... this is a pirate game, you are encouraged to steal, attack and plunder..... why the hell do you think so many people survive on hitting miners alone?
    Once No-Beard now HELLO-DS, yep that's me, my youtube channel here
    Drakii wrote: »
    agreed... Just for giggles, if someone whines, SWAG should be able to turn their fleets into floating sausages for 24 hours.
    Currently chilling in 63, Dread X, SC, BS, LC, Specter, Destroyer, and Corvette winner, more yet to be won
    The M wrote: »
    If your base is there and I need resources, I'm a pirate, need I say more?
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    I like hitting miners too, but I do that just for grins & not the res
  • Still Waters
    Still Waters
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 220
    in call of duty, when you kill someone nobody else gets the chance to get the points from it

What's an assist?
    Non-coining player who coins a little bit