The Pirate Personalities

Burmashave
Burmashave
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 617
edited 11 Jan 2012, 12:13AM
These are personalities i have encountered both ingame and on the forums. Many people are not specifically one type, but are in fact combinations.

The Pirate Personality List

The Blowhard: This person goes on and on in Comms and/or the forums touting their own superiority. They are dreadfully long winded and often find themselves in verbal conflicts with others. Odds are this person suffers from a deep inferiority complex.

The Ninja: The ninja never attacks bases. They are constantly being yelled at in Comms for attacking players that are mining, salvaging or coming out from a base attack. These people tend to live in perpetual bubbles.

The Chiwawa: This person is mildly effective at the game. What they are most known for is hiding behind their brother/sister/spouse/partner/friend. They will blather on in Comms about anything and everything, but the moment it is time to fight they are full of excuses. Hit them and they will go running to someone else to make you pay.

The Messiah Complex: This person sees themselves as the protector of all the lower levels members. These are often (not always) the ones that Chiwawa’s hide behind. They can often be identified by the statements they make in Comms after winning a fight, “Now that you have learned your lesson you will know how to act in our sector”.

The Comms Cop: This person has taken it upon themselves to moderate Comms behavior. They often justify their own behavior with statements like, “My kids/grandkids play this game”.

The Role-Player: Fortunately these are few and far between. This 30something fits some or all of the traditional stereotypes of gamers. Think about the guy in the WoW episode of South Park.

The Coiner: This person is willing to shell out large sums of money to purchase whatever shiny new item has been introduced into the game. All that matters to this person is having as much of an edge over other players as possible.

The Hacker: There are two types of hackers, the fast and the slow. The fast hacker rapidly levels up and attacks as many people as they can for the purpose of antagonizing the sector. This person is easily identifiable and has their account quickly banned. The slow hacker is harder to identify. They selectively use their hacks so as to look like a coiner.

The “Legitimate” player: This self-righteous person brags about how they have not spent any money on the game. They see themselves as a player that has “earned” everything they have and mock anyone that has spent any money.

The Know-it-All: This person knows everything there is about the game. They condescendingly point out to everyone both in Comms and the forums all of the flaws of base/fleet design. This person is more of an armchair Admiral then a battle hardened pirate. They care more about theory craft then actual application.

The Troll: This person is different then the person that occasionally make a troll-like statement. This person is simply incapable of adding one iota of intelligence to a conversation. Watch out for the Drunken Troll variant. They are even worse.

Edit: Added Bubble Buddy

The Bubble Buddy: This player shamelessly begs people to bubble them. They only break their bubble to attack someone. While sailing home they beg anyone on Comms to bubble them quickly so that they do not have to deal with the consequences.
Unfortunately, players repeatedly “bubbling” each other are abusing this system.
  • CabingirlDeb
    CabingirlDeb
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5
    You left one out...The Woman: She is completely unpredictable, can be your best friend or the most evil pirate in the sector depending on the time of the month. God love us all we make the game interesting!
  • Ron Valk
    Ron Valk
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,190
    Also this one:

The Drunk Pirate, espacial when its a woman.

Having fun abouth everything, attacks friend and foe, letting others enjoy on the chat how drunk they are, if you can translate what they are typing and then at once..all quiet...

With sepcial toughts abouth sector 285 and vodka...lol
    Kixeye may find itself feeling a bit like Leonard Hofstadter chasing fellow physicist Sheldon Cooper around in the ball-pit — trying to be the mature party — while Sheldon keeps frustratingly dodging Leonard, all the while shouting: “BaZynga
  • landybitz
    landybitz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 272
    Very well dissected, like it.
    Player Name "Me"
    Sector 409 this week
    User ID : 1348345
  • IcenI 53
    IcenI 53
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,644
    Lmao Burma & CabinGirl...........
    Old players don't know best !
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,534
    I think I am a combination of the Troll & the Know-it-all. I guess that makes me the Troll-it-all... :D

Great post Burma!
    [QUOTE]"I'm a hacker!" - Will Harbin[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]"He was once a legit player like you, until he took a cheat tool to the knee." - Xandamere[/QUOTE]
  • Burmashave
    Burmashave
    Strike-force Captain
    I think I am a combination of the Troll & the Know-it-all. I guess that makes me the Troll-it-all... :D

LOL! Nice.
    Unfortunately, players repeatedly “bubbling” each other are abusing this system.
  • Rosie, yes I'm a dude
    Rosie, yes I'm a dude
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 706
    good laugh... too funny
    [QUOTE=Spack]frankly are being led away by the promise of pixel ****.[/QUOTE]
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    you forgot one...the Peace-Keeper

uses everything he has to protect his sector from war though he does not always cooperate with others

None of the ones above really describe me besides the one i wrote and maybe the Know-it-all

EDIT:
    Got one more...the whiner:

Complains about everything you can complain about
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    you forgot one...the Peace-Keeper

uses everything he has to protect his sector from war though he does not always cooperate with others

None of the ones above really describe me besides the one i wrote and maybe the Know-it-all

EDIT:
    Got one more...the whiner:

Complains about everything you can complain about
    No he covered the Peace keeper with this one below. They are pretty much the same.
    Burmashave wrote: »
    The Messiah Complex: This person sees themselves as the protector of all the lower levels members. These are often (not always) the ones that Chiwawa’s hide behind. They can often be identified by the statements they make in Comms after winning a fight, “Now that you have learned your lesson you will know how to act in our sector”.
    [QUOTE]"He was once a legit player like you, until he took a cheat tool to the knee." - Xandamere[/QUOTE]
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    No he covered the Peace keeper with this one below. They are pretty much the same.
    no...i do not protect the lower levels with anything more than helping them with their base layouts. After a battle I also do not write anything besides maybe Well fought no matter if my enemy or me won. And its also bye what you define members...if you define it with alliance members than it doesnt fit me at all(i am in an alliance but i only fight very rarely when they really need help). if you define member as sector members than as i said below,i help them with their base layout but not much more.
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• Ron Valk
    Ron Valk
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,190
    The Amazing Miner : Someone who only mines, is not real active in the game, dont like to work to hard for it, and complains when his ships are being sunked.
    Strange enough those people do know how to survive
    Kixeye may find itself feeling a bit like Leonard Hofstadter chasing fellow physicist Sheldon Cooper around in the ball-pit — trying to be the mature party — while Sheldon keeps frustratingly dodging Leonard, all the while shouting: “BaZynga
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    I wouldn't define that as being a Peace Keeper by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps you should consider yourself a Pirate Instructor. A peace keeper in this game is someone who would either have to verbally or physically enforce peaceful actions withing the sector. All of the "peace keepers" I have seen would probably be a combination of Comms Cop & Messiah Complex players.
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    The Bubble Buddy: This player shamelessly begs people to bubble them. They only break their bubble to attack someone. While sailing home they beg anyone on Comms to bubble them quickly so that they do not have to deal with the consequences.

Usually the same person who constantly begs for higher levels to open mines and salvages for him/her.

Nicely done Burma!
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • Burmashave
    Burmashave
    Strike-force Captain
    Please understand that these are not exact DSM diagnoses. Many players might not meet full criteria but have strong features. If any of these seem to make you feel a little defensive then perhaps they might apply partially or in whole to you.
  • Pamela
    Pamela
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 638
    You forgot the "**** starter" . the one who will play their own way, and when they start to get bored with the sector, will find the perfect insector base to hit to "spice up life" a little in the sector for a bit ;)
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736
    The Ferengi: The guy that is all about the res, will refuse to fleet fight unless absolutely forced to. Doesn't mine, only hits bases for res and will bottom feed more often than not. Will hit miners when in need of fast targeted res. Generally hated by his sector but will advise etc if treated properly since the game is seldom personal just about his own growth and res gathering.
    Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html
  • Sandeep Vaishnav
    Sandeep Vaishnav
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 351
    Pam DeLine wrote: »
    You forgot the "**** starter" . the one who will play their own way, and when they start to get bored with the sector, will find the perfect insector base to hit to "spice up life" a little in the sector for a bit ;)

Iam sure u can a lot more to it, The Adviser- ppl wud always ask for his/her advise for game tips/base designs etc. normally a high level player.. The Spy - who passes on info to the neighboring sector.
    So Burma- where does the LoZ members fit in ???
    Simply Stated
  • Burmashave
    Burmashave
    Strike-force Captain
    I can only answer for myself. I am part "Legitimate" player part "Know-it-All.

How would you define yourself?
  • Sandeep Vaishnav
    Sandeep Vaishnav
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 351
    I can only answer for myself. I am part "Legitimate" player part "Know-it-All.

How would you define yourself?

Messiah Complex( U see tat why I plundered almost all of ur alliance members except u n rumrunner, didnt get a chance, Only cos of ur insector hitting) Adviser and a bit Know it All LOL!!! ;)
    Simply Stated
  • Le' Mercenaire'
    Le' Mercenaire'
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 99
    Pretty **** good insight gringo! Got a kick out of this thread,.. thanks Burma!

Which leads me to sarcastically remark; 'The Blow hard x the Know it all = The Blow it all x 10 to the dillusional power of X = Curtis Shemale!

in other words; BH X KA = BH + KA X 10/DP + X = CS!

<---- The 'Don't give a **** bored lurker" One who does not care what anyone thinks and who quietly signs on while sipping adult beverages and/or toking on illicit substances while waiting for something to do, i.e. collect res, show up at battles, read forums and troll CS, help sector where needed, piss off people when wild hair climbs up arse just for the hell of it, or to get a reaction or all of the above... etc... etc... hehheh..:p

“Who is the happy Warrior? Who is he
    That every man in arms should wish to be?”
    "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    So after reading this it turnsout that im a blowhard messiah complex know it all troll lol thank you for helping me find my identity in life
    :)
  • Evil Ares
    Evil Ares
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 816
    Haha, very enjoyable thread! I know I'm a few of those myself :)
  • Themistocles
    Themistocles
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,808
    I consider myself a completely different personality

Mr. "It's only a Game" Guy: Doesn't care if he gets attacked because he knows its just a game. Doesn't care if he loses a battle because he knows its just a game. Knows this game isn't real so does as much as he can to not make it personal. Will slip into other personalities if he doesn't keep reminding himself "It's just a game".

Possibly the best guy on comms
    To those people who take things on this game a bit too seriously....it's a game, not real life. Chill out a bit

First Command: A Battle Pirates Story

http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/143711-First-Command-A-Battle-Pirates-Story
  • Matthew Gruda
    Matthew Gruda
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 253
    Mr. "It's only a Game" Guy: Doesn't care if he gets attacked because he knows its just a game. Doesn't care if he loses a battle because he knows its just a game. Knows this game isn't real so does as much as he can to not make it personal. Will slip into other personalities if he doesn't keep reminding himself "It's just a game".

the very best person to be.
    BP: lv 29 id:5856 (Gster) wc: lv22, id: 1641
    to the whiners
    put techs back in wc!!! nerf solid fuel bosters!!!
    Just to be clear, you're asking on the developers forum if there is a hack for their game?
    That's what just happened right?
    The point of the infantry is to die before the expensive tanks do
  • Surfer_Rosa
    Surfer_Rosa
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 106
    'Loveable Curmudgeon'- Seems at first glance like a grump, has a kind heart. May or may not collect ceramic bunnies.

“People think I got the power ‘cause I got the
    monkeys. Nope. I got the power, ‘cause I’ll let the monkeys loose…”

• azagoth
    azagoth
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 538
    peace in a wargame? I say no there are only breaks between war no peace lol and plz remember this is only a game lol dont take things personal simply kill as many ppl as you possibly can before they get you lol. Oh and I'm a ninja total ninja
    :cool:
  • Blackgaurd
    Blackgaurd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 107
    These are personalities i have encountered both ingame and on the forums. Many people are not specifically one type, but are in fact combinations.

The Pirate Personality List

The Blowhard: This person goes on and on in Comms and/or the forums touting their own superiority. They are dreadfully long winded and often find themselves in verbal conflicts with others. Odds are this person suffers from a deep inferiority complex.

The Ninja: The ninja never attacks bases. They are constantly being yelled at in Comms for attacking players that are mining, salvaging or coming out from a base attack. These people tend to live in perpetual bubbles.

The Chiwawa: This person is mildly effective at the game. What they are most known for is hiding behind their brother/sister/spouse/partner/friend. They will blather on in Comms about anything and everything, but the moment it is time to fight they are full of excuses. Hit them and they will go running to someone else to make you pay.

The Comms Cop: This person has taken it upon themselves to moderate Comms behavior. They often justify their own behavior with statements like, “My kids/grandkids play this game”.

The Role-Player: Fortunately these are few and far between. This 30something fits some or all of the traditional stereotypes of gamers. Think about the guy in the WoW episode of South Park.

The Coiner: This person is willing to shell out large sums of money to purchase whatever shiny new item has been introduced into the game. All that matters to this person is having as much of an edge over other players as possible.

The Hacker: There are two types of hackers, the fast and the slow. The fast hacker rapidly levels up and attacks as many people as they can for the purpose of antagonizing the sector. This person is easily identifiable and has their account quickly banned. The slow hacker is harder to identify. They selectively use their hacks so as to look like a coiner.

The “Legitimate” player: This self-righteous person brags about how they have not spent any money on the game. They see themselves as a player that has “earned” everything they have and mock anyone that has spent any money.

The Know-it-All: This person knows everything there is about the game. They condescendingly point out to everyone both in Comms and the forums all of the flaws of base/fleet design. This person is more of an armchair Admiral then a battle hardened pirate. They care more about theory craft then actual application.

The Troll: This person is different then the person that occasionally make a troll-like statement. This person is simply incapable of adding one iota of intelligence to a conversation. Watch out for the Drunken Troll variant. They are even worse.

Edit: Added Bubble Buddy

LMFAO.....Nice job Burmashave...LoL

You left out one " The Peeper" The guy who creeps around your base in a gunboat trying to see if you're hittable..
  • Burmashave
    Burmashave
    Strike-force Captain
    personally, i like the peeper. it is a technique i use regularly.
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Pam DeLine wrote: »
    I just call those Pirates.
  • Amir Vansover
    Amir Vansover
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 110

Florian is defently peace keeper :-)

He is not big enough to be messiah, but he is relentless when his friends are under attack.

Nice post... I just wanted to add that I called a Chiwawa in other name "cannon fodder". Those are the player that the big players use in order to divert some of the fire from them.