What Would Defend Level 10 Salvage?

Wolfgaard
Wolfgaard
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 35
edited 10 Jan 2012, 10:52PM
This is something I've been pondering for quite sometime, after seeing a screenshot of a level 9 salvage defended by 5 Draconian Mega Fortress, I have to honestly wonder...

What would defend a level 10? The Draconian Mega Fortress are the biggest and most well armed ships in the game, and if 5 defend a level 9 could their be anyway to make a level more well defended?

The only thing I could think of would be to give the 5 Draconian Mega Fortress even better weapons, perhaps top tier Draconian weapons like the Shock Wave Mortars or Siege Missiles.

What do you guys think?

By the way, for those who don't know what a Draconian Mega Fortress is its just my fan given name for the large Draconian ship that looks like a bigger Draconian Floating Fortress with 8 weapon hard points instead of just 6, and also has about 50% more armor than a normal Floating Fortress too.
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Ummm, actually I thought 9s were guarded by Battleships. The dracs actually have a bigger ship with 8 weapons on it that you see in 7s and 8s. I imagine that 10s will have more than 1 of these ultra badass ships.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • Wolfgaard
    Wolfgaard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 35
    Ummm, actually I thought 9s were guarded by Battleships. The dracs actually have a bigger ship with 8 weapons on it that you see in 7s and 8s. I imagine that 10s will have more than 1 of these ultra badass ships.

No, Battleships are the Draconian ships with 4 weapon slots, they aren't that powerful and you see them in most Draconian Fleets level 5 and up. Draconian Mega Fortress are the ones with 8 weapons, and 5 of them guard level 9 fleets, or at least from the screenshots I've seen they do.
  • Samuel Tsao
    Samuel Tsao
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 863
    lvl 10's have 2 mega fortresses 2 battleships and a battle cruiser
    gotmilk78, TPC alliance, end game player, non-coiner

bp: lvl 55 proud owner of barracuda Goliath, striker cruiser, e battecruiser destroyer indracdictor, mc, mcx, dread x, spectre
    "difference between insec hitting and not? u can see the **** people say when u destroy them"
    i judge a player by himself, not by his affiliation
    user id: 2298065 think im hacking caused you got destroyed? well try me
  • lerick545
    lerick545
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,307
    Wolfgaard wrote: »
    No, Battleships are the Draconian ships with 4 weapon slots, they aren't that powerful and you see them in most Draconian Fleets level 5 and up. Draconian Mega Fortress are the ones with 8 weapons, and 5 of them guard level 9 fleets, or at least from the screenshots I've seen they do.

battleships have 6 weapons.. your thinking of the battlecruiser which has 4 weapons.

and 5 battleships guard lvl 9s.
  • Jalex
    Jalex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 289
    Attachment not found.

Pic of a lv 10 salvage.
    (58) Jalex [UN2] Sec - 87
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Wolfgaard wrote: »

You are incorrect. I have fought every level salvage except for 10+

7s contain an 8-wep ship (Drac Megaship) and 4 Drac Marauders (3-wep ships).
    8s contain an 8 wep ship (Drac Megaship) and 2 Drac Battlecruisers (4-wep ships) and 2 Drac Marauders (3-wep ships).
    9s contain five Drac Battleships (6-wep ships)

I call them Battleships because they are the EXACT ship you got from winning RR4. Battlescruisers (4-wep ships) were the reward of RR3. So the names I chose for those two are not arbitrary. They have ACTUAL hull names. The 8-wep, 3-wep, 2-wep and 1-wep ships are unnamed atm, but no known salvage level posses 5 of the biggest drac ship.
  • aefi
    aefi
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,133
    curtis you on drugs..
    lvl 7 have 1 battleship 4 cruisers(?) i call them they with 3 weapons.
    lvl 8 have 1 megaship with 8 weapons and 2 battle cruisers and 2 cruisers(?)
    lvl 9 i have seen 2 variations so idk which one is permanent and which one is left over from rr3 but one was 1 mega ship and 3 battleships and 1 cruiser and another was 5 battleships.
  • Man Tim
    Man Tim
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,372
    aefi wrote: »
    curtis you on drugs..
    lvl 7 have 1 battleship 4 cruisers(?) i call them they with 3 weapons.
    lvl 8 have 1 megaship with 8 weapons and 2 battle cruisers and 2 cruisers(?)
    lvl 9 i have seen 2 variations so idk which one is permanent and which one is left over from rr3 but one was 1 mega ship and 3 battleships and 1 cruiser and another was 5 battleships.

ahh it is just:
    lvl 1 with: 2 single slot boat
    lvl 2 with: 5 single slots ship
    lvl 3 with:3 double slots, 2 single slot ship
    lvl 4 with: 3 triple slots, 2 double slots
    lvl 5 with: 5 triple slots (not sure)
    lvl 6 with: 2 triple slots, 3 BC
    lvl 7 with: 1 BS and 4 triple slots
    lvl 8 with: 2 BS, 2 triple slots, and 1 super destroyer(what i call the 8 slots ship)
    lvl 9 with all BS.
    lvl 10 with: 2 super destroyer, 1 BS with 2 BC
    lvl 11 with: unknow, probably all super destroyer lol!
    BYM level: 46<47>48|ID: 11207746
    WC level: 28<29>banned|ID: 183
    BP level: 52<53>54|ID: 789488|Name: 1234567890|Sector: 442|
    Raid Prizes won:
    Everything except SS, HailC, and rocket reload thiny :rolleyes:
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.
    eze wrote: »
    The future scares the crap outta me o.O
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ok, aefi and Man Tim, you both got it part wrong.

Battleships have 6 weapons, Battlecruisers have 4 weapons.

Since the 7s have: 6-wep + 4 x 3-wep they have ONE BS in them
    Since the 8s have: 8-wep + 2 x 4-wep + 2 x 3-wep they have TWO BCs in them
    Since the 9s have: 5 x 6-wep they have FIVE BSs in them.