HighSiding
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 57
    so its back to square bases again?.....lol lvl 15 again? LMAO
  • JD Major
    JD Major
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 357
    WHA WHA WHA WHA what a frakin bunch of crybabys with a little thought and insight i rearranged my base fine no 1 is sniping my goodys without taking major damage and no Missile fleet or Mortor fleet is getting in UNSCATHED I have had my new base tested against both seige misslies with boost 3 and a fleet of HH ranked with both assult/seige morts with L-shockwaves mixxed in and guess what NONE OF EM MADE IT IN its called ADAPT AND CHANGE or quit ya **** whiners and leave the fighting to the real Men :}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}
    Admiral Lone-Wolf of The Lone Wolves Home sector 31 vacations 30-33-43x2-57-62-66-93-123-132-133x2-157-172-176-177-185-192-202-235- 236x4-246-371-382-390-403-406x2-409-448-475-486
    Strong enough to stand alone....Loyal enough to stand together
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    JD Major wrote: »
    WHA WHA WHA WHA what a frakin bunch of crybabys with a little thought and insight i rearranged my base fine no 1 is sniping my goodys without taking major damage and no Missile fleet or Mortor fleet is getting in UNSCATHED I have had my new base tested against both seige misslies with boost 3 and a fleet of HH ranked with both assult/seige morts with L-shockwaves mixxed in and guess what NONE OF EM MADE IT IN its called ADAPT AND CHANGE or quit ya **** whiners and leave the fighting to the real Men :}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}
    exactly they should go play farmville
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,383
    Ironclad wrote: »
    exactly they should go play farmville
    Actually, you should go and play Farmville because Zynga, unlike Kixeye, has the same attitude as you - ignoring player feedback. If you don't want people to complain when the update has been demonstrated multiple times to be unbalanced then don't come on these threads. Simple as that. It's no use lashing out at people who are honestly seeing the game become little more than a bore-fest where everyone is forced to sport bases like Swag's.
    RoyalGuard

• Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    Farley wrote: »
    Jimmy:

I'd bump my poll back to the front page except I was warned by Swag not to bump it again (never saw any rule about this in the past). It's about 5:1 for some kind of change to the missile mod. So are you smarter than everyone else? If so, please fill me in on what I don't know. Almost every old hand has raised reasonable objections to this thing, with the only direct response to these being met by Swag today in his vid thread, with his promise that he would "talk to the developers". If you don't care about the time (or money) you've invested in this, be happy they brought it in for the present and show me a solid base. Otherwise you have nothing to talk about.

Dude, my point is that YOU ARE NOT GETTING HAMMERED DAILY LIKE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT. 5 to 1 against? Ha! I always knew drama teachers were bad at math!

I have said that I think the boosters MAY be a LITTLE overpowered in the past. However I destroyed a fleet of HH 2's today with Booster 3's and engines...using my old thud SW's. Sure I didn't have much left but clearly he got the worst of that encounter (thanks nMe Doc for the interesting battle...didn't see a fleet of them yet). He'll do better as he learns to play them I'm sure.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to get across is that post stuff about WHAT YOU HAVE DONE or WHAT HAS BEEN DONE TO YOU. All this crying about something YOU THINK based on numbers is like everyone stopping working cause the Mayans may have said Dec 2012 is the end. It ain't happened. Your base ain't getting destroyed daily. You haven't done much to adapt to a game change.

Swag should let you bump your thread cause it's nice to collect all the chicken little's 'The sky is falling' players under one thread rather than a million different threads with the number crunchers doing the math and knowing the results. Thank God they still play the Football game eventhough guys like you KNOW what will happen beforehand.
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Ben Palmer wrote: »
    Actually, you should go and play Farmville because Zynga, unlike Kixeye, has the same attitude as you - ignoring player feedback. If you don't want people to complain when the update has been demonstrated multiple times to be unbalanced then don't come on these threads. Simple as that. It's no use lashing out at people who are honestly seeing the game become little more than a bore-fest where everyone is forced to sport bases like Swag's.
    NO they are set in their ways and unwilling to put the effort in to adapt to something new that will bring a new twist to defence and offence it means i can have fun watching the hit to see where the base is weak/strong the thought is making me hungry for someone to attack me
    So what do we do next then can you calm the mortars splash down it gets sparks on the windows of my intelligence lab
    and i used to play seafight a game by bigpoint and they definetly DONT listen to feedback or a mass protest they even said they would remove the free part if we didnt spend (as a mod friend told me) some of us 4 years building a ship on that game (yes i do play it still)

MY base looks nothing like Swags ive not moved any buildings etc and the missles cant Snipe me ;)
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• shaunbrewer
    shaunbrewer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 83
    get some engines and RA3 with anti mortors o your ships you could walk through this base if it was armed like the video
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,383
    NO they are set in their ways and unwilling to put the effort in to adapt to something new that will bring a new twist to defence and offence it means i can have fun watching the hit to see where the base is weak/strong the thought is making me hungry for someone to attack me
    So what do we do next then can you calm the mortars splash down it gets sparks on the windows of my intelligence lab
    and i used to play seafight a game by bigpoint and they definetly DONT listen to feedback or a mass protest they even said they would remove the free part if we didnt spend (as a mod friend told me) some of us 4 years building a ship on that game (yes i do play it still)

MY base looks nothing like Swags ive not moved any buildings etc and the missles cant Snipe me ;)
    It's not just the sniping. The video shows how victory mortars can be rendered useless by a couple of the new anti-mortar weapons. That leaves sentinels to cover the entire base in which towers can be taken out 1 by 1 from ridiculous range, assuming your opponent hasn't lined up both flaks and bombard rockets to deal with either mortars or missiles. Your opponent is basically screwed if you have any fleet versatility whatsoever. And you can always just rocket down anything you're worried could slow down your advances.

Now I may not be prolific in this game, but I think what I just said made sense.
    RoyalGuard

• Therrash
    Therrash
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,529
    It's not just the sniping. The video shows how victory mortars can be rendered useless by a couple of the new anti-mortar weapons. That leaves sentinels to cover the entire base in which towers can be taken out 1 by 1 from ridiculous range, assuming your opponent hasn't lined up both flaks and bombard rockets to deal with either mortars or missiles. Your opponent is basically screwed if you have any fleet versatility whatsoever. And you can always just rocket down anything you're worried could slow down your advances.

Now I may not be prolific in this game, but I think what I just said made sense.

That and you have a much cooler avatar.
    Treenail wrote: »
    I'm still laughing that an "ambush" is considered "unfair" in a pirate game.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Flash player - updated as of 11/9/12
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • DelRico
    DelRico
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 174
    ..Or you could build anti-missiles system. You know, they've been available for months now.
  • Toy Jun Kie
    Toy Jun Kie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,259
    DelRico wrote: »
    ..Or you could build anti-missiles system. You know, they've been available for months now.
    yep lose several offensive weapons in favor of defensive ones for an OP'ed ship weapon special. To me that sounds about right for a KIXEYE update.
  • Tyrannulet
    Tyrannulet
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 830
    After all this moaning and whining, how about you guys think of people with OP4, we are 100% screwed with this new update, because we simply don't have the land to have a 4 space spiral with a decent entrance
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,426
    Tyrannulet wrote: »
    After all this moaning and whining, how about you guys think of people with OP4, we are 100% screwed with this new update, because we simply don't have the land to have a 4 space spiral with a decent entrance

by level 23 you need op5 for many reasons not just these new missiles
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,348

its all revelant... unless you have a coiner that can hit you... but he will rank up far faster than yourself, take a week off !!! say hi to the wife for me...
  • Tyrannulet
    Tyrannulet
    Strike-force Captain
    jeremiah78 wrote: »
    by level 23 you need op5 for many reasons not just these new missiles

By level 23 OP5 is only available by hacks or CC, to bad for us who have better things to spend our money on
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior

i have seen the video if you want serious muscle on an FF you cant use his setup and just swapping the missles i do believe he had 10 of them in the fleet and it will be completely different in a full frontal when you trying to beat the clock to get to the warehouses

• Tyrannulet
    Tyrannulet
    Strike-force Captain
    i have seen the video if you want serious muscle on an FF you cant use his setup and just swapping the missles i do believe he had 10 of them in the fleet and it will be completely different in a full frontal when you trying to beat the clock to get to the warehouses

They killed Howis with the missiles that outrange them

They killed Sents with RA3

They Killed VMs with the Anti-Mortars

So they left us to kill ships with Flaks and Bombards, oh wait...... ;)