End Game thoughts

Burmashave
Burmashave
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 617
edited 4 Jan 2012, 3:42PM
I am curious about what Kixeye has planned for the future of this game. Something will need to be introduced fairly soon that is designed to keep high level players from getting bored. The basic premise of the game is to attack things to acquire resources. Spend those resources on upgrades/ships before someone else comes along and tries to take them from you. But that happens when you have nothing left to spend them on? Or no new blue prints to gather?

Think about it, once a player is in the 32-34 range they likely have researched everything that they feel they need. They also likely have all of the blue prints that they desire. Build times on the latest and greatest fleets can climb into the months range if they do not want to coin them. These fleets become necessary in order to break into high level bases and at level 34 the only bases you can hit should be very well defended.

The only thing really left to do is break bases. But how long does the novelty of that last? Granted if you have a comms-crybaby in your sector the novelty is greatly extended. Eventually doing the same thing over and over for a prize that you no longer have much use for will become mundane. Games the remain overly repetitious eventually die and fade away.

Kixeye, you have created a great game that i have enjoyed for months. Would you please be kind enough to throw us a bone and give us a few hints about things to come. Wet our appetites as we sail through the doldrums.

Frankly i don't even care if the things you say actually come to pass. You can even tell me lies and it would make me feel better. Just give me something to look forward to.

Please.
Unfortunately, players repeatedly “bubbling” each other are abusing this system.
  • SsgtMcNasty
    SsgtMcNasty
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 419
    The future is to draw in new players/spenders as the older players get tired of it and quit. Pretty simple business actually.
  • dave aka relentless
    dave aka relentless
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 789
    The future is to draw in new players/spenders as the older players get tired of it and quit. Pretty simple business actually.

Well said!
    Relentless lvl 61

We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • aefi
    aefi
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,133
    i dont remember where but i read it somewhere on these forums as game manual. that when ppl lvl too high they get bored and leave making lower levels more happy and newer players as well
  • TheRealCore
    TheRealCore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 5,474
    Well, i'm already starting to get bored....with salvages making an easy "repair free" life. There is really no need for me to hit bases for resources.
    Atta-Comb 
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Just want to make sure that you saw this update first: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/141764-Battle-Pirates-Update-9th-December

We just had a meeting this morning of what is coming up this month, and there are some cool things planned. I know you guys have been waiting to attack the Draconian Bases, and I don't think we're going to have to wait that much longer. Remember that the game is still technically in beta, which means we won't announce that the game is out of beta until we are satisfied that there are enough features in the game to keep everyone busy.
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    Just want to make sure that you saw this update first: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/141764-Battle-Pirates-Update-9th-December

We just had a meeting this morning of what is coming up this month, and there are some cool things planned. I know you guys have been waiting to attack the Draconian Bases, and I don't think we're going to have to wait that much longer. Remember that the game is still technically in beta, which means we won't announce that the game is out of beta until we are satisfied that there are enough features in the game to keep everyone busy.

cool and i will always keep playing this game
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• SsgtMcNasty
    SsgtMcNasty
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 419

Awesome...good to know. For the most part, I still stick to what I said, as it is just good business, but it's always good to hear that it will be tougher to get bored of gameplay....lol.
  • BigKrazyKag
    BigKrazyKag
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 266
    Well, i'm already starting to get bored....with salvages making an easy "repair free" life. There is really no need for me to hit bases for resources.
    It's still fun to crush someones base who deserves it. Then as an added bonus it's fun to also stalk their fleets. :p
    Alucard from sector 330
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 721
    Drac Bases, that'll make my day any day
    Lou Seal wrote: »
    So, I see that square base, roll up and flatten it. Suddenly there's sector police everywhere, the noob is crying on coms and everyone's looking at me like I'm the bad guy? Shoulda built a better base.

I'm also not allowed back in that neighborhood.
    afroninja wrote: »
    I didn't think Man Tim could say anything more stupid, then what he normally post.. Today you have proved me wrong. Congrats. :D
    Rufi0 wrote: »
    "**** be loco"
  • Burmashave
    Burmashave
    Strike-force Captain
    Thanks for the reply Swag.

If i may, i did see in the wishlist section that someone posted an absolutely genius idea for a new ship. I believe it was a Sailboat. Honestly, the creator of this is utterly brilliant. I think the addition of something like this would add a new and unexpected element to the game.
    Unfortunately, players repeatedly “bubbling” each other are abusing this system.
  • total burnination
    total burnination
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 2,050
    when you get too high its fun to ruin peoples lives like attack miners and base
    Battle Pirates name: Deadly_D3/Level 45/Sector 51 ATM
    Proud winner of Hail A-B-Vortex torps T-A, Arc missile 1-2, Poseidon Depth Charge 1-2-3, Phalanx Anti-Missile 1 Compound Armor D5-X Cluster Warheads 1, Speed system 1, Strike System 2, Alloy Armor MX-1, Stealth Attack System 1, Seige drone 1-2.
    Hulls: Battle Barge A, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Battle Cruiser
  • seth mad dog
    seth mad dog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,349
    Ok I'll say it.....AIRCRAFT CARRIER!!!! Level 11 naval lab!!!! Dock 11! op 6!!! Give us something to do.....like build a aircraft carrier!!! o.O
  • Nikolaus
    Nikolaus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 759
    How about when the game comes out of beta, they refund everybody all the coins they've spent, and reset everybody to the start? :P Yes, I know people are about to burst blood vessels in their skulls, and scream about me being mentally challenged, or even worse.

They would be right.. Having reached Lvl31, there is NO way I'd want to go through that process again.
    Support Battle Pirates! Sink a Coiner!
  • Burmashave
    Burmashave
    Strike-force Captain
    sailboat.jpg

Trumps aircraft carrier any day of the week
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    Nikolaus wrote: »
    how about when the game comes out of beta, they refund everybody all the coins they've spent, and reset everybody to the start?

hell no!!!!!!!!!!!
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• Boomer8712
    Boomer8712
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 823
    Hell yeah swag thnx for keeping us posted bro
    just want to make sure that you saw this update first: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/141764-battle-pirates-update-9th-december

we just had a meeting this morning of what is coming up this month, and there are some cool things planned. I know you guys have been waiting to attack the draconian bases, and i don't think we're going to have to wait that much longer. Remember that the game is still technically in beta, which means we won't announce that the game is out of beta until we are satisfied that there are enough features in the game to keep everyone busy.

• Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 5,543
    the last 2 ship rewards are gamebreakers

average joe schmos' need somethin comparable

a Levi that can fire torpedoes and auto detection of sonar3?

a FF with 4 armor **** and 3 special ****?

fagedaboutit
    BP Alliance: - PNLS -  Dunno bout us? Well ask your Mom, she will fill ya in.

TOME:    -Harbinger Pampei-   Coming Soon.
  • Boomer8712
    Boomer8712
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 823
    Hell yeah "****" are always good lol
    a ff with 4 armor **** and 3 special ****?

Fagedaboutit

• total burnination
    total burnination
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 2,050
    actually a better idea is two have all the ships that were in revenge raids and put them in a level 10 naval lab but you have to have researched everything
    Battle Pirates name: Deadly_D3/Level 45/Sector 51 ATM
    Proud winner of Hail A-B-Vortex torps T-A, Arc missile 1-2, Poseidon Depth Charge 1-2-3, Phalanx Anti-Missile 1 Compound Armor D5-X Cluster Warheads 1, Speed system 1, Strike System 2, Alloy Armor MX-1, Stealth Attack System 1, Seige drone 1-2.
    Hulls: Battle Barge A, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Battle Cruiser
  • Endless
    Endless
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 148
    bleh, My naval lab is level 10 and has been finished researching everything for almost a month (excluding pred subs) - Which are added and were completed eons ago.

The only thing I have left to do at level 32 is build ships, Ive researched EVERYTHING at advanced lab, EVERYTHING in weapons lab EVERYTHING in naval lab - I'm just going around fort 5ing every building I have falling asleep...
  • USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,182
    When are we attacking the drac bases ya'll promises since we started the game

• DeathDemon
    DeathDemon
    Master Tactician
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 2,332
    The only thing i don't like is the blue print rate its too low for me, and as a kid you get board fast and you got school stuff to worry about. That is the only thing wrong with the game if you made the blue print rate better. i am level 31 WITH no siege cannons not even any drac mortars NONE, i am really pissed at that i am algebra so i can't be on for hours looking for blue prints, i can't pay until i can get paid from selling books.
    just about ever sector i go to this punk says i will be farmed because i flattened his or her base. but i was never farmed. Then some people say i buy because i got 5 levi which slaughter theirs. its just funny that they think that. like medusa in sector 1 i flattened his base. Then he was telling me i will be farmed. so headcase cooky came by with a scout he hasn't came back. he even said that if i hit another sector 1 i will be farmed. and guess what its the next day and i am still standing.