Hailstorm Test Results

• TheGodFather-445
    TheGodFather-445
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 357
    its hard to get all FFs grouped when u attacking a base, and if they not all veteran plus they are running in line... the reload and plus the movement makes the hailstorm more accuracy. its like 80% accuracy if u get FFs veterancy mixed up

the test u performed was with a single FF so the reload time for all 6 will be exactly the same wich is bad :worried:
    :mad:Don't you dare!:mad:
    My Youtube Channel - Enjoy
    Current lvl - 34 _ Blue Prints - All Completed
    Hulls: DN... DN-X... BS...BC...SS...SC...Goli...Dic...Des...Cuda...:rolleyes:
  • MikeHuntHurtz
    MikeHuntHurtz
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 706
    really still on about this??/ who cares!!!!! i have a ship with the b version fitted on it i will use it ona base that has vms for all of the other bases without vms ill use my other base fleets... whats the big deal people?? were u really in love with vms that much???? i dont see why anyone cares.. adjust, adapt, move on!!!
  • MikeHuntHurtz
    MikeHuntHurtz
    Strike-force Captain
    maybe ppl really work hard on their base.. thought it was untouchable and/or not worth hitting.. thats great but sorry its high time ur base gets wrecked and u move some things around.. really tired of every time kix implements a new weapon the crying starts.. everything will always change... the truth is if urstill hiding with vms ur way behind in the times before this new weapon existed.. i respect spack can usually agree with alot of points made.. but this one has me scatching myhead.. so ill ask a question...

spack

have vms ever stopped you from killing a base with a siege cannon hh fleet or any good base fleet for that matter?

my answer is no ive never been kept out of a base due to vms.. vms make a difference 100%-83%.. bout 17% difference dmg only.. the res is still taken with or without vms... please explain to me why everyone is acting like they wish to jump off the nearest bridge..
  • Rosie, yes I'm a dude
    Rosie, yes I'm a dude
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 706
    Why are you still on this? I dont see why you care... Adapt and move on!!!

Once you know how any new wepon acts and reacts you can use it and use its weaknesses against it. This is not a "sky is falling thread", it is a discussion of the characteristics and performance of a new wepon because as usual, the real performance data is not given and that is only part of the story anyway. I think the hailstorm proably has its place, just like the VM, just another tool in the box if you will. I am just making sure i know if i have a hammer or a pair of pliers. If you already figured it out, offer some wisdom... or SHHHHH.....
    [QUOTE=Spack]frankly are being led away by the promise of pixel ****.[/QUOTE]
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
    spack

have vms ever stopped you from killing a base with a siege cannon hh fleet or any good base fleet for that matter?

my answer is no ive never been kept out of a base due to vms.. vms make a difference 100%-83%.. bout 17% difference dmg only.. the res is still taken with or without vms... please explain to me why everyone is acting like they wish to jump off the nearest bridge..

The answer is yes. Generally my siege cannon fleet can cope with two or 3 howies. Decent bases have 4-6 nowdays and when that happened I'd be borrowing bunker busters from friends if i wanted to get in.. Now if I can take 3 of 4 of those howies from range with my mortar fleet for no little punishment on my fleet then I'm going to be laughing all the way to the bank and those tough bases just became faceroll. Vm's were always a tool to force people to sail into your howies or die in mortar rain.

Now with the addition of one ship based weapon one of my most effective strategic platforms has been declared useless. It gives me little faith that the developers actually have a clue about the game play. I'm just waiting for them to mount anti-missile weapons next and then people can just come and grab resources for zero fleet damage with their 85% ballistic defence ships.
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • Derrick824
    Derrick824
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 650
    My guess is that there will be an improvement of performance if you spread them around. I just havent tried it yet. I refitted this one first since it had no armor and was basically there to be a cargo ship. I didn't want to refit a useful ship for testing purposes.

Can you offer any details of the tests you have done?

Tested this today. Four Hailstorm-Cs spread out on 4 ships. If all ships are stacked directly on top of each other then they seem to all fire at once at the 1st mortar in range and accuracy hitting any following mortars is greatly reduced. However when barely spreading out the ships, roughly the height of the health bar, the Hailstorms fired a second behind each other and overall accuracy was drastically increased.
  • MikeHuntHurtz
    MikeHuntHurtz
    Strike-force Captain
    Spack wrote: »
    The answer is yes. Generally my siege cannon fleet can cope with two or 3 howies. Decent bases have 4-6 nowdays and when that happened I'd be borrowing bunker busters from friends if i wanted to get in.. Now if I can take 3 of 4 of those howies from range with my mortar fleet for no little punishment on my fleet then I'm going to be laughing all the way to the bank and those tough bases just became faceroll. Vm's were always a tool to force people to sail into your howies or die in mortar rain.

Now with the addition of one ship based weapon one of my most effective strategic platforms has been declared useless. It gives me little faith that the developers actually have a clue about the game play. I'm just waiting for them to mount anti-missile weapons next and then people can just come and grab resources for zero fleet damage with their 85% ballistic defence ships.

ok thank you.. i get what u meanand understand better now.. has anyone checked them today becuzse i tried a few and not same results.. maybe a light nerf has occured... it does not seem as effective i can really notice the lack of firepower losing one ship from my fleet.. yesterday it may have been tilted slightly the other way.
  • Rosie, yes I'm a dude
    Rosie, yes I'm a dude
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 706
    Derrick824 wrote: »
    Tested this today. Four Hailstorm-Cs spread out on 4 ships. If all ships are stacked directly on top of each other then they seem to all fire at once at the 1st mortar in range and accuracy hitting any following mortars is greatly reduced. However when barely spreading out the ships, roughly the height of the health bar, the Hailstorms fired a second behind each other and overall accuracy was drastically increased.

Makes sense. Thanks for the detailed response.
    [QUOTE=Spack]frankly are being led away by the promise of pixel ****.[/QUOTE]
  • Amir Vansover
    Amir Vansover
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 110
    Derrick824 wrote: »

It's confirm what I thought about game mechanic... and now we know that for us to get better results we not only need to put each system on different ship, but also to take care they are not exactly stacked on one spot

Good job on this test