Dragoon Fleet Spotlight [Video] Struggling with raid? It might be your build

DerpyTheCow
DerpyTheCow
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,525
DETAILED DRAGOON FLEET SPOTLIGHT

This build can do the 124 and 126 for 1 coin each.

I go over my detailed Ironclad Dragoon build, and talk about the best weapon, special, and armor I use and why they are on there.

In addition, I talk about which ships are important to upgrade (hint: it's not all of them) and why the position of every ship in the slots 1 through 5 matters.

If you are struggling with the raid, it might be your build, this can answer it partially for you.

When I am not helping people on forums, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • kixeyeuser_1379094861572_24090_469482193
    kixeyeuser_1379094861572_24090_469482193
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 134
    Thanks for the info! I fell into the alloy armour trap. Currently have 4 ships that cant do anything in this raid, and have been a complete waste of time building/grinding for.

Due to kixes accelerated cycles, could you next invent a time machine so that we have time to do the refits? :D
  • reidid34
    reidid34
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 148
    edited 12 Oct 2019, 9:47AM
    yep: wrong choice and you're fired: no time to change anything. i've put the most on radioactive damages and it's balistics this time... if you can coin refit or not make a difference also .
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Thanks for the info! I fell into the alloy armour trap. Currently have 4 ships that cant do anything in this raid, and have been a complete waste of time building/grinding 

Due to kixes accelerated cycles, could you next invent a time machine so that we have time to do the refits? :D
    If your other specials are correct maybe you can hit enough targets to get 5x 1 day build tokens to refit.

And on the concept of time machines, I released that in 2017 :p
    When I am not helping people on forums, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

• DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    reidid34 said:
    yep: wrong choice and you're fired: no time to change anything. i've put the most on radioactive damages and it's balistics this time... if you can coin refit or not make a difference also .
    The hull has a huge amount of built in ballistic and radioactive survival, so radioactive syncdrive instead of ballistic syncdrive for example won't kill you

• reidid34
    reidid34
    Minor Nuisance
    reidid34 said:
    The hull has a huge amount of built in ballistic and radioactive survival, so radioactive syncdrive instead of ballistic syncdrive for example won't kill you
    in your dreams... as i've said before, i've no full z armor and entire u0 fleet. i see the difference and not only in your video
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    reidid34 said:
    reidid34 said:
    in your dreams... as i've said before, i've no full z armor and entire u0 fleet. i see the difference and not only in your video
    Only one of my ships takes more than instant repair damage in the 124, others are all about 15 seconds. Missing 2 armor plates doesn't seem like the cause of damage to me

• reidid34
    reidid34
    Minor Nuisance
    Is it you or me that you are trying to convince? or maybe better: you're so sure that you're great and that I'm a bad player. Finally, I leave you with you: I'm sure you have lots of things to tell you. sorry to have interrupted you, it will not happen again. kiss

• carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,733
    edited 12 Oct 2019, 9:39PM
    Interesting vid. Just one comment about CL4; I think most players are still used to CL4; MX3 etc from the old days where it added 30-45% resistance depending on what retro level it was and it being one of the most important specials to go on the hull. So as such we just automatically add it to a build. Then with the problem of the raid series being only 2 raids long and all the upgrades to do; if you don't get that perfect build the first time you don't have the time to fix it. And now a lot of us don't have time to fix the build as we are building up hulls for the next raid series.

Question; is it worth adding a gale to a separate ship ( not the sprint CM ship) to deal with any uavs the sprints miss or once the sprints miss can that uav not be targeted anymore?
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Interesting vid. Just one comment about CL4; I think most players are still used to CL4; MX3 etc from the old days where it added 30-45% resistance depending on what retro level it was and it being one of the most important specials to go on the hull. So as such we just automatically add it to a build. Then with the problem of the raid series being only 2 raids long and all the upgrades to do; if you don't get that perfect build the first time you don't have the time to fix it. And now a lot of us don't have time to fix the build as we are building up hulls for the next raid series.

Question; is it worth adding a gale to a separate ship ( not the sprint CM ship) to deal with any uavs the sprints miss or once the sprints miss can that uav not be targeted anymore?
    I completely agree with your point on CL-4 and raid/refit times.

In answer to your questions, once the Sprint has shot at the UAV is is tagged and can't be shot by any other countermeasures on your fleet.

• MuddyWolf
    MuddyWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 310

I completely agree with your point on CL-4 and raid/refit times.

In answer to your questions, once the Sprint has shot at the UAV is is tagged and can't be shot by any other countermeasures on your fleet.
    Derpy,

Thank you for the time you spend trying to help other players. The videos help a lot. Naturally I built my fleet wrong. I used 1 Gail on each boat (no Sprints), and like Carl said, I have/had a CL4 on each. I tried a 124 and lost the fleet before it was 1/4 done.

I had enough built tokens to refit one ship to all Sprints and I tweaked my flag a little. I can now do a 124 with 2 hours 25 minutes damage. The first 3 ships had 40 seconds damage combined, 4th ship was about 3/4 damaged and lost the 5th. Will do more minor tweaks before I go to bed and let them refit while I sleep.

No more points than I have right now I don't want to waste them on build tokens just for refits since the raid is already half over.

Thanks again.
    “It’s easy for others to lose their focus on quality,” That’s where we are laser-focused.”
    “If users are more engaged, they naturally spend more money.”
    “We don’t throw the ecosystem out of whack. A free player who spends a lot of time in the game has as much chance as a whale who spends a lot of money.”
    “It’s all a balance ecosystem.”
    Will Harbin     [VentureBeat - March 16, 2012]
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    MuddyWolf said:
    Derpy,

Thank you for the time you spend trying to help other players. The videos help a lot. Naturally I built my fleet wrong. I used 1 Gail on each boat (no Sprints), and like Carl said, I have/had a CL4 on each. I tried a 124 and lost the fleet before it was 1/4 done.

I had enough built tokens to refit one ship to all Sprints and I tweaked my flag a little. I can now do a 124 with 2 hours 25 minutes damage. The first 3 ships had 40 seconds damage combined, 4th ship was about 3/4 damaged and lost the 5th. Will do more minor tweaks before I go to bed and let them refit while I sleep.

No more points than I have right now I don't want to waste them on build tokens just for refits since the raid is already half over.

Thanks again.
    I find it upsetting that the countermeasure layout and specific type is so important players like you can go from getting sunk 25% in to finishing the target with an acceptable baseline repair. These issues need to be communicated better to players, and shouldn't rely on other players to test.

Happy I can help

• carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    MuddyWolf said:
    Derpy,

Thanks again.
    I find it upsetting that the countermeasure layout and specific type is so important players like you can go from getting sunk 25% in to finishing the target with an acceptable baseline repair. These issues need to be communicated better to players, and shouldn't rely on other players to test.

Happy I can help
    Exactly right about things being communicated better to players. The last skirmish raid that had the dragoons as a prize; when you had the ship info screen it shows what it pairs well with and Kix's recommendation was gale 4s. As players have found out sprints work better. Very frustrating that kix staff don't even know how their own game works to be able to recommend the correct tech and we have to rely on players using real money to test things to give other players the CORRECT information.
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 392

If you are struggling with the raid, it might be your build, this can answer it partially for you.

Nope... not my build.
    Similar build as yours.  
    It's the fact that my fleet suddenly slows down.
    It's the fact that my fleet will take off at different speeds.
    It's the fact that my fleet drives zig-zag when heading to an object targeted or area I have clicked.
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    So I wasted my raid points copying the build in the vid and I STILL TAKE 3+ hours of damage. Looks like kix jacked up the damage.
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    So I wasted my raid points copying the build in the vid and I STILL TAKE 3+ hours of damage. Looks like kix jacked up the damage.
    I honestly doubt damage is raised, but alliance points did just resit.

• Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 369

Derpy, thanks so much for your contributions.  I'm curious how much you had to refit and how much you spent before you reached your optimal build and were able to complete and enjoy these targets.  Was it worth it?

Personally I've never experienced any MMO, or anything else I've done in life for that matter, that required so much time and money spent and re-spent and re-spent just to be able to participate.

Here's an analogy just for fun and perspective: When I was a kid I played soccer.  I bought a pair of cleats and joined a team.  Played 20+ games. Tons of fun.

If Kix ran the team: "You need specific cleats to play.."  "Ok I bought them."

"They need to be black."  "Ok I bought black cleats."

"The laces need to be white."  "Ok I bought white laces."

"They need to be a different brand of laces." "Which brand?"

"A different one." "Ok I bought a different one."

"Wrong one."  "Ok I bought ANOTHER one."

"The laces need to be black now."  "Ok I bought black laces."

"Ok you're good to go."  "Finally. Can I play now?!"

"Sorry, the season is over."