Pegasus - Clever Hull launch or a Low kick in a Pirates Treasure Box?

jack.manners.14
jack.manners.14
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 47
edited 11 Oct 2019, 10:58PM
Kix,

This needs fixing before many more unsuspecting players plough loads more gold and tokens into getting hold of this new wonder hull

Are all players buying/working hard for/coining a Pegasus Fleet aware that there is:

-30% range on All Missiles on the fleet.
-7% range on all Missiles from the new Turin CIC that goes on it
-25% Range on All Missiles on the Lowered Penetrative mount you then place on it
-Surgical strike warheads have had the 30%  range removed. They now offer no range boost.
- Penetrative Survival has been nerfed to 5000 a 60% drop from the hull it will replace as the primary Assault hull the Nemesis (12000 Pen Survival)
- The tactical resistance field of 70% on previous Assault fleets has been taken away

Then you have to choose a CIC to go on it which then using the All new Wonder CIC the Turin CIC taken another -7% off the missile range

It is a pure missile fleet, I see exactly what the plan is, give it heaps of armor, make its range an absolute joke so it has to go close and gets hammered with its far lower resistance by the UAV and heavy turrets, and then has to spend hours repairing all those armor points leaving people no option but to coin the repair and coin the builds so that they can try and still have their next fleet built in time for the raids that comes round quicker due to shorter raid cycle.

A few months ago people would say genius, thats Business, you have to make a profit but this has crossed the line, its treating the players like morons with wallets. It will look good initially with all the armor points and then then coin hemorrhage will occur. Was this fleet designed by the game team or by the Finance Team?

• AbbyL
    AbbyL
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 8

It's an assault hull for targets we havent seen yet. You don't have to use the cic or specials that lower the range if you don't want to. Until we get an idea of what the targets for this hull will look like, all you are doing is spouting conspiracy theories.

• jack.manners.14
    jack.manners.14
    Potential Threat
    No I'm not at all, very narrow sighted of you with your cheap answer but thats ok. I'm  making sure everyone is educated around a new hull thats the whole idea of the forum isn't it -  to communicate game relevant info?

I think you've missed my point by some distance, folks on this forum are intelligent and my post merely gives a couple of insights into what is clearly going to be a big factor in the new targets and this hull, I.e. Range and distinct lack of it. 

Thanks for your comment though, good to know it's an Assault hull, good to know no one from Kixeye is going to force you to put a CIC on to it, good to know we haven't seen the targets yet. When people are choosing what specials to get with this hull maybe its better not to be aware of the significance of range as well, you're right its all a conspiracy.

• dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 170
    Assault and especially the missile variant has previously used its RANGE as a defence/damage mitigator.

With the reduction to rocket range if not less, it seems to me that this "new" hull is going to be more in line with a garrison hull.

The chances of hitting a target perfectly (like you once were able to do - I've seen videos where players have done this and in what would be the 900 range targets for 0 damage - yes, one mistake that took a lot of damage) 

Whereas todays targets seem to be, just accept you are going to take a lot of damage, so suck it up.
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,577
    No I'm not at all, very narrow sighted of you with your cheap answer but thats ok. I'm  making sure everyone is educated around a new hull thats the whole idea of the forum isn't it -  to communicate game relevant info?

I think you've missed my point by some distance, folks on this forum are intelligent and my post merely gives a couple of insights into what is clearly going to be a big factor in the new targets and this hull, I.e. Range and distinct lack of it. 

Thanks for your comment though, good to know it's an Assault hull, good to know no one from Kixeye is going to force you to put a CIC on to it, good to know we haven't seen the targets yet. When people are choosing what specials to get with this hull maybe its better not to be aware of the significance of range as well, you're right its all a conspiracy.

may allhe meant to say is that we should build the hull and see what it does in the targets. We have not seen the ship in a target  or  most of us built a ship yet. Friday in the vxp there will probably be an example of the next raid targets  and instead of saying the sky is falling why not start a thread on possible builds  or preliminary ideas? If the want of makng the thread helpfull, why not allow people to have a point of view or add their ideas?  
    I cannot teach anybody anything. 
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 407
    Two more things to worry about.  1) It only has 2 countermeasure slots.  2) It only has 2 armor slots.  Using this thing as a tank for other missile ships is out the window too...

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 272
    Way I see it if you look at the missile, it is going to act like a ballistic weapon firing missiles with the cic. Must be another of WrongTinkers break the rules ch!t that will have ship specific uses only. Not impressed at all, unless the missile can be fitted well on other hulls.
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    It will bloat other hulls without the -20% to weapon weight bonus.
  • jack.manners.14
    jack.manners.14
    Potential Threat
    The missile are going to be fast that's for sure, with missile system a speed of about 400, a big focus on the specials seems to be reload and speed
    Im tryna work out priority for obtaining specials which should we try get first, theres no way i can get more than one and the hull probably all in this raid
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 926
    in the last 2 assault cycles the missile hull was total crap    so why do peeps think this cycle will be any different
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,756
    I have some misgivings about the hull, I don't like the range debuff for starters.
    However, I'll churn out some blanks for ranking in VXP, then see about builds from better pirates than myself.

About all one CAN do going in rather blind with an iffy hull to play with.
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • kixeyeuser_1379094861572_24090_469482193
    kixeyeuser_1379094861572_24090_469482193
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 134
    I have some misgivings about the hull, I don't like the range debuff for starters.
    However, I'll churn out some blanks for ranking in VXP, then see about builds from better pirates than myself.

Then in January you can park these new ships on the shelf as another waste of space.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,756

Then in January you can park these new ships on the shelf as another waste of space.
    True
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    That lowered pen mount looks more useful on Corrosive ships because you still get your full weapon range and the gigantic defensive survival buffs.  Also, don't forget the lower tier the ship, the higher % you get from Survival.  This special would be ideal for Manticores and work quite well on your free Saturns too.  

• HOT-COFFEE
    HOT-COFFEE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 219
    Build the blanks and see .
    We all know what the top hulls from raids are like ,some of us have fallen for the story  look at this fantastic latest hull in its class ,
    Only to find out it was a con  , you see  videos by  players that coin like crazy get a full fleet fully ranked and fully upgraded  .
    Then when you do get your new fleet fully ranked and upgraded  its not a lot better than unupgraded  hulls .
    why the hell cant you give players a hull that will be worth building and fully upgrading .
    Look at the scoundrel was this worth even building  i've not  seen one player using this hull in this raid with any success ,and yet we was told this was the must have hull to prep targets .
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,525

I’m going to wait to see the targets before I judge it too harshly

When I am not helping people on forums, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1