Friday of Raid. Participation Declining. Why is Kixeye Still Not Listening to Players?

Philip_Marlowe
Philip_Marlowe
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 124
edited 11 Oct 2019, 3:12PM
The numbers say it all.  Only 19,932 players participating in ALL Kixeye games on Friday of Raid.  In the past, not uncommon to see 100,000 players participating in Raid at any given time.  Kixeye heading in wrong direction with Battle Pirates.  Please listen to players/customers - your best consultants - on what it will take to fix Battle Pirates.

There have been many who have requested that Upgrading ships should be in Retrofit Lab.  Has that change been made?

There have been many asking for longer Raid cycle, to give players time to build/refit fleets?  Has that change been made?

There have been many who have requested that Kixeye slow down or halt the roll out of new events to give players an opportunity to catch up.  Has that change been made?

Players ... please chime in on other requests frequently made to Kixeye that has resulted in no change.

CM_ Ghillie, I appreciate you forwarding player/customer feedback to the Kixeye team, but little to no action is taken based upon this feedback.  When can we expect things to get better?  
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 407
    edited 11 Oct 2019, 2:54PM
    That number on the Kixeye site header is telling, but the vast majority of players come from Facebook (even though I'm a Kixeye site player) and are not in that total.  The number is MUCH smaller than it used to be however.  There were times in the past it would be over 100K, so players ARE bleeding off, but there are many more than 20K.

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • The -Master -Blaster
    The -Master -Blaster
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 336
    edited 11 Oct 2019, 3:33PM
    Leader boards is a better indicator of player particpation in events and raids etc ...Our sector is around 40 active players with decent points after that you got a huge drop and another 20-30 with a few thousand points ...This is out of several thousand bases in an active sector with several big alliances in town 
  • fuxxyou
    fuxxyou
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2018 Posts: 34
    you post this knowing that kix   not only will do anything about it or even read it ,,  kix do not respond during events there has been thousands of post just like this one over the years,,and kix just do what they need to get the big coiners snared..and it a shame as most big coiners fall for it...the only thing kix sees is the money counter   when that slows  down kix will listen,,,,but dont hold your breath as most big coiner dont want to give up there bragging rights or the abilty to smash the little guys...it gives them a sence of power..and we know what power does    dont we 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 613
    The numbers say it all.  Only 19,932 players participating in ALL Kixeye games on Friday of Raid.  In the past, not uncommon to see 100,000 players participating in Raid at any given time.  Kixeye heading in wrong direction with Battle Pirates.  Please listen to players/customers - your best consultants - on what it will take to fix Battle Pirates.

There have been many who have requested that Upgrading ships should be in Retrofit Lab.  Has that change been made?

There have been many asking for longer Raid cycle, to give players time to build/refit fleets?  Has that change been made?

There have been many who have requested that Kixeye slow down or halt the roll out of new events to give players an opportunity to catch up.  Has that change been made?

Players ... please chime in on other requests frequently made to Kixeye that has resulted in no change.

CM_ Ghillie, I appreciate you forwarding player/customer feedback to the Kixeye team, but little to no action is taken based upon this feedback.  When can we expect things to get better?  
    Feedback is forwarded, but not everything is actionable and even if it is, not everything is *immediately* actionable. Our focus for the last little while has been on HTML5 to ensure the game runs (and runs well) when Flash finally dies. Once that rolls out, we'll see some performance improvements and the ability to devote more time to QoL changes. Thanks for taking the time to post. 
  • Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 369
    Ghille, we have more than a year before Flash dies.  We need QoL improvements now.  Players are fed up.
  • I went from a 6 hour a day player with some coining to a 15 minute a day maybe player that hasn't bought coins in months. Haven't played the last couple raids either. fun gone, money gone,  I'm **** near gone. You know what you can do with this raid.
  • hammer336
    hammer336
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 51

Feedback is forwarded, but not everything is actionable and even if it is, not everything is *immediately* actionable. Our focus for the last little while has been on HTML5 to ensure the game runs (and runs well) when Flash finally dies. Once that rolls out, we'll see some performance improvements and the ability to devote more time to QoL changes. Thanks for taking the time to post. 
    If you think HTML5 is going to save this game you are sadly mistaken.
  • kixeyeuser_1379094861572_24090_469482193
    kixeyeuser_1379094861572_24090_469482193
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 134

Really? So how's that going? Where's the community updates about this development, you know, something that could be used as a PR tool to keep players?

Many don't even believe HTML5 version is ever going to exist.

Don't ignore the existing game for this so called HTML5 version. There's a massive amount of Quality of Life fixes that need to be done yesterday.
  • david_benware
    david_benware
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 129

I hope that I we can hold Kixeye to what is stated here.  
    I can understand that there is a time crunch due to the Flash-to-HTML5 upgrade.  
    However, many of us have heard this before and am still waiting.  Did I mention that we are still waiting.

• kixeyeuser_1385395552015_100002033136223
    kixeyeuser_1385395552015_100002033136223
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 27
    That number on the Kixeye site header is telling, but the vast majority of players come from Facebook (even though I'm a Kixeye site player) and are not in that total.  The number is MUCH smaller than it used to be however.  There were times in the past it would be over 100K, so players ARE bleeding off, but there are many more than 20K.

Tho it true the number on the top left isn't representive (since it includes players on all kixeye games-BP,WC,Vega excluding WCRA since it mobile game only), but you may want to review your expectation on the player base on bp:

Image may contain 1 person
  • Dave Martin
    Dave Martin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 507
    98% of my points 9 mill was from the 901 trick but since for the first time kix decided to screw players by changing it my game time will be much less.. after spending the last few years catching up having the latest hulls/weps/armor and not being able to do a raid without coining.... forget it this game is no challenge other then throwing money at it. no enjoyment being slaughtered in pvp by the whales... pve is getting stupid too many cycles with must have new ships taking at least a month to have a basic fleet only to see it being crap in raid meaning more refit time... 

thank for killing bp kix and who ever runs it now...

• Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 369

I'll just reiterate my biggest gripe: The 2 month raid cycle.  

It's not about coding, it's just a game-planning decision you made that does absolutely nothing positive for the players.   It doesn't give us enough experience with the fleet to learn the driving nuances or build it properly, coin or not.  Made worse by choosing only between targets that either require optimum builds, or are a point-reduced grindfest. 

And it makes for a very frustrating experience all around, having your shipyard tied up for the better part of those two months for a fleet you'll only use a handful of times.

My raid is done, I got the points I need.  My Dragoons go back to the dock, barely used, and already without purpose.  Not at all worth the time I spent on them.  For the first time ever, I did not bother to redeem the next raid fleet.

Kixeye, you're going to hear this broken record until you fix it or just turn it off.  You are ruining this game.

• jasebase
    jasebase
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 140

Well, I've just come back from a holiday, saw a raid was on, so thought I'd have a go...

Firstly thought I'd see how many were playing, so sent a GB in so as to get 0 points, which was successful.

Globally I am sitting at 16766.

So I think this raid is a success - don't you?!
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,577
    jasebase said:

Well, I've just come back from a holiday, saw a raid was on, so thought I'd have a go...

Firstly thought I'd see how many were playing, so sent a GB in so as to get 0 points, which was successful.

Globally I am sitting at 16766.

So I think this raid is a success - don't you?!
    It was for me, I have  all th eprizes that I need. The number of people playing might not translate to amount of  money that was made and we do not know  the breakdown of that  nor what is considered  an acceptable profit for the company.. I know, back in 2011 a hundred thousand people played bu tthat was a brand new game that was exciting and fun. This is almost  2020 and the gam eis still running and roughly twenty thousand people on at any time of the day sevn days a week.  Regardless of the game changes for better or for worse, i think it is a good accomplishment for it to be around  now at the level that it is.  
    I cannot teach anybody anything. 
  • kixeyeuser_1379094861572_24090_469482193
    kixeyeuser_1379094861572_24090_469482193
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 134

I'll just reiterate my biggest gripe: The 2 month raid cycle.  

It's not about coding, it's just a game-planning decision you made that does absolutely nothing positive for the players.   It doesn't give us enough experience with the fleet to learn the driving nuances or build it properly, coin or not.  Made worse by choosing only between targets that either require optimum builds, or are a point-reduced grindfest. 

And it makes for a very frustrating experience all around, having your shipyard tied up for the better part of those two months for a fleet you'll only use a handful of times.

My raid is done, I got the points I need.  My Dragoons go back to the dock, barely used, and already without purpose.  Not at all worth the time I spent on them.  For the first time ever, I did not bother to redeem the next raid fleet.

Kixeye, you're going to hear this broken record until you fix it or just turn it off.  You are ruining this game.

I hear you. At least you got some use from your Dragoons. I managed to get 4 built (including flag), 3 at U1, all at 62%+ VXP and all using the FM 25 million armour. These 4 ships can't even complete a 124 (78k points for a dead fleet, whoop!)

I have zero use for them. Wish I never wasted all my FM build tokens, Pillage Points on VXP & Build tokens and saved loads of time grinding the FM for that armour.

Raid design used to have 2 sets for the current hull. A set for a fully ranked full fleet, and another set for incomplete builds. But they scrapped that "incomplete builds" set of targets, wiping out participation for many players.

We should not be forced to coin, and we should not be forced to grind.
  • davec415
    davec415
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,542
    i agree about the lies we been told. it's coming up on 2 yrs since my 1st ticket on my 100 million badge that i still don't have. (why bother with another ticket on it). I was lied to also on thay where going tive me the dragoon upgrade token which i nvr got. the 1 i got was the 1 from pillage and acepted it and I have 1. kixeye owes me 1 for the 1 they said they put in but didn't. As for HTML5 just have too wait and see. I haven't seen no update on it accept for my post i asked about it and sayin coming soon (forget what month they said) gonna go see if i can find my post on HTML5
    Playing Since July 10 2011
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 426
    edited 12 Oct 2019, 12:34PM
    Dreaded said:
    I quit being a mod the day that a company "strategy" video that was meant to help the players with the very first Scourge raid was released. I'm sure someone could dig it up. It basically showed an employee with 19k Gold or something ridiculously close to that exit his base. Show us **** our fleet in the target then say: "Now dock your fleet back into your base and spend some gold to repair, then go hit that target again to finish it off."
    Yeah, I remember this. Didn't even take me 2 minutes to find it. GD Raiken posted it.
    27.3k gold in the account, "we can defeat it in about two combats", showcases a very awful build even for that time, etc. The base layout/guard is terrible for that time as well. I don't think there has actually been harder evidence that most of them don't actually play the game.

Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,150
    Dreaded said:
    All I want is for my fleet that was built specifically for an event to be able to run at least a couple sets of the targets it was designed for. Hitting half a set and being wiped out in less than 5 minutes is NOT engaging game play for the average player. Average players make up the majority of the player base.

Having to throw endless fleets at the lowest targets and let them auto them while you search for the next target to attack with yet another ship is NOT the fun engaging game play we the players want. I built my ships so I could use them and drive them, not watch them poke red targets on the world map until they explode. Instant repair them and do it again for hours to make a couple million points.

I've been gone for three years. There's been a supposed regime change and a bunch of false hope from what I've seen since my return, only to observe that nothing has changed here at all.

I quit being a mod the day that a company "strategy" video that was meant to help the players with the very first Scourge raid was released. I'm sure someone could dig it up. It basically showed an employee with 19k Gold or something ridiculously close to that exit his base. Show us **** our fleet in the target then say: "Now dock your fleet back into your base and spend some gold to repair, then go hit that target again to finish it off."

That was the day they drew a line in the sand...
    I couldn't agree with you more, I managed to get a almost fully loaded (not upgraded) Goon fleet with flag out for the first raid, I tried the top target and died very quickly, so parked them and used some older fleets to gather some points for tech.
    So I re-fitted the Goon fleet as best I could with the tech available to me, I couldn't find SY time for upgrades, but figured with some new armour and a little skill, I would be able to muddle thru the top tier sets. I wasn't expecting to roll them over, but was expecting to at least complete a set even was excepting that I may have to repair between each target. But nope not a chance, half to 2thirds = dead. So they are parked again.

You wasn't the only mod to quite around that time, infact all of the really good mods have long since gone. Along with most of the good web shows and many many well known players, who had direct contact with kix hq, and where just stone walled all of the time.

Its good to see you back playing, all we can hope is that this current bunch of ................ either get replaced or get their act together.  
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • Philip_Marlowe
    Philip_Marlowe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 124
    Ghillie_CM: There were three changes that I mentioned - brought up frequently by players/customers.  Can we expect to see these changes made?

(1) There have been many who have requested that Upgrading ships be moved to the Retrofit Lab.

(2) There have been many asking for longer Raid cycle, to give players time to build/refit fleets.

(3) There have been many who have requested that Kixeye slow down or halt the roll out of new events to give players an opportunity to catch up.
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,577
    Ghillie_CM: There were three changes that I mentioned - brought up frequently by players/customers.  Can we expect to see these changes made?

(1) There have been many who have requested that Upgrading ships be moved to the Retrofit Lab.

(2) There have been many asking for longer Raid cycle, to give players time to build/refit fleets.

(3) There have been many who have requested that Kixeye slow down or halt the roll out of new events to give players an opportunity to catch up.

i agree with your statement number two but the upgrades no matter how  many people want to call the retrofits are intended to be bought and paid for  bonuses for current hulls and not bringing old hulls into use as the retrofit was. I doubt the retrofit lab is even considered in any of the current kix plan for the game.
    I cannot teach anybody anything. 
  • Dreaded
    Dreaded
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,801

1) Should have been this way in the first place.

2) While not ideal for the average player, the people keeping up with the content and building each and every fleet each month drive the need for fresh targets. Changing the raid cycle to every 2 months prevents things from becoming boring for these players that stay on the bleeding edge. They have just enough time to enjoy that fleet they just built before the monotony kicks in. Which I assume is what they're trying to avoid with this strategy. Joe and I will struggle but only cause we don't spend a fortune.

3) They have to keep cranking out new stuff, the people making this stuff need something to do to stay employed. Can't have an office full of employee's not working on something.

1 of 3 is the best you can hope for from that list, and even that's pretty unlikely.
    All fear the Habanaro!
  • skip.j.weinreich
    skip.j.weinreich
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 100
     I have to look at it this way as far as this raid, it's a joke. This is not a skill based raid, not even close. They took a fast ship and locked it in a maze that the only skill you use it spinning around in a circle and a little timing. The damage is fairly well unavoidable and set up this way so they can tune it up or down. Very disappointing and not even close to targets in past years. The changes made ie. 2 month raids, limited tech at higher cost, upgrades and so forth are there to keep us in targets as long as possible to soak up the damage and coin more. 
      This team has been an epic fail and as far as i see the art team are the only ones that have held up their end. The targets are crap the game is turning to crap but it sure looks pretty. I believe after 9 faithful years I have a right to say that, even if the truth hurts.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,756

@Dreaded said:
    All I want is for my fleet that was built specifically for an event to be able to run at least a couple sets of the targets it was designed for. Hitting half a set and being wiped out in less than 5 minutes is NOT engaging game play for the average player. Average players make up the majority of the player base.

Having to throw endless fleets at the lowest targets and let them auto them while you search for the next target to attack with yet another ship is NOT the fun engaging game play we the players want. I built my ships so I could use them and drive them, not watch them poke red targets on the world map until they explode. Instant repair them and do it again for hours to make a couple million points.

I've been gone for three years. There's been a supposed regime change and a bunch of false hope from what I've seen since my return, only to observe that nothing has changed here at all.

That was the day they drew a line in the sand...

I understand the build had R16 (!!) evade armour on that video fleet..
    That was the cycle that got trashed so hard.. But the Tigerfish that came out of it had so much potential, & I was hoping to see how it performed in that raid cycle. Not that I was going to get it without significant help..! (I had a full Frosty/V2H Harrier fleet too, really good tech then)

You're right about hitting bottom-end boring auto targets, or a grindfest on B sets for minimal return (was me before I clicked to something) but at least it was instant repair., or upwards & nastier.

But the fleet isn't upgraded (seriously? Who really wants to get the kits & blow SY time doing that?) nor armoured (I have enough D6* to do the fleet but not the D7* as not going to grind FM)
    Honestly, I wish they'd give us the old Recon, Strike & Siege campaign towers back, no hit-down penalty for hitting below level (level means zip anyway) & make them co-op as well (may as well, most usually were?)
    Less map targets=less lag, less frustration all round, making for happier pirates.

I have concerns about the new hull, but wait & see I guess.

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • nrubnus
    nrubnus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 746
    edited 13 Oct 2019, 9:16PM
    CM_Ghillie since for me even with a fully ranked U1 goon fleet with various states of armor I can't do s or x targets without fully repairing my fleet at least once or more in each S target so that's out and with the poor decision to force a coop lvl with Tier A targets, I'm left with grinding the lower tiers of which I have to be penalized for hitting them.

Because of this, with the little seat time I have this weekend, I've gotten very few points. So I'm asking since this raid is a bust or me and a lot of other people I know, remove the penalty for the B sets for the remainder of the raid as that might help us enough pts to get something decent. Otherwise, like last raid, we'll just not do it, won't get the next tech needed to remain competitive in the game and eventually, there won't be a point for us to log in. I know I'm not the only one who's gonna be faced with this inevitable conclusion. So do the right thing and at least get rid of that. Thanks.
    This game is rapidly dying. 
  • Mighty-Hood
    Mighty-Hood
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 189

Some improvements?! i would hope there's A LOT of improvements!
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,733

So if the focus is on HTML5 then WHY don't you slam the brakes on everything else? Its like someone has hit the gas pedal and its all this rush rush rush. Raid cycles now every 2 months and not 4; no - little bugfixing; new bugs creeping into the game.Slow down on BP so you can finish HTML5. The more content that is created before HTML5 just means more content to have to also change over.