Campaigns for lower levels

Terry Charlton
Terry Charlton
Potential Threat
Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 26
Why is it that only high level players get new campaigns and the low levels are left with campaigns which contain old tech and hulls which are just about useless in todays game.
  • D'Steel
    D'Steel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 136

If is offered to low lvl. How low lvl such as u going complete the high lvl campaign?

• Terry Charlton
    Terry Charlton
    Potential Threat
    D'Steel said:

If is offered to low lvl. How low lvl such as u going complete the high lvl campaign?

I'm not asking to complete high level campaigns, I'm asking why there are no new campaigns for the lower levels which contain tech/hulls which are not from years ago.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 613
    The campaigns are to help people catch up, and I get a surprising number of requests for older tech - not just in the campaigns, but also in the weekly events. Is there something specific you're looking for? 
  • Terry Charlton
    Terry Charlton
    Potential Threat
    The campaigns are to help people catch up, and I get a surprising number of requests for older tech - not just in the campaigns, but also in the weekly events. Is there something specific you're looking for? 

The old tech does not cut it in todays game, the targets for Uranium, Base parts and Titanium all require much later hulls, tech and weapons none of these can be obtained with the older hulls and tech/weapons availabe. The highest level hull available in the old campaigns is level 3.75 to jump from that up to level 7 misses out the 4 5 and 6. There are no mid level campaigns which is what I am asking for.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,100
    Maybe they want you to spend coin on the newer stuff?
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 407
    If you know what newer tech to put on them, some of the older ships can LITERALLY BE MADE INDESTRUCTIBLE.  That is why a lot of lower level ships are not allowed in current high level event targets, they would rip them a new one.  

Go into your ship designer, select Assault hulls, and select the standard Missile Cruiser.  Throw on Lowered Corrosive Mount II or the new Lowered Penetrative Mount, two D7-M armors, two D7-CO armors, a pen or corrosive syncdrive, and most importantly any reinforced armor special (you need the deflection, even as small as it is).  You now have a blocker for Assault targets that can soak up millions of potential damage.  

Juggernaught X, standard Dreadnought, Proto-Mastodon, and many others can be made stupid powerful.  In fact, to this day you will not find a better remote fire missile ship than the Proto-Mastodon. 

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • Terry Charlton
    Terry Charlton
    Potential Threat
    If you know what newer tech to put on them, some of the older ships can LITERALLY BE MADE INDESTRUCTIBLE.  That is why a lot of lower level ships are not allowed in current high level event targets, they would rip them a new one.  

Go into your ship designer, select Assault hulls, and select the standard Missile Cruiser.  Throw on Lowered Corrosive Mount II or the new Lowered Penetrative Mount, two D7-M armors, two D7-CO armors, a pen or corrosive syncdrive, and most importantly any reinforced armor special (you need the deflection, even as small as it is).  You now have a blocker for Assault targets that can soak up millions of potential damage.  

Juggernaught X, standard Dreadnought, Proto-Mastodon, and many others can be made stupid powerful.  In fact, to this day you will not find a better remote fire missile ship than the Proto-Mastodon. 

This is the best advice I've received todate. Thank its greatly appreciated.

• Terry Charlton
    Terry Charlton
    Potential Threat

soryy but you cannot put on any of the higher tier specials or weapons and its the same for the all these hulls I have tried

• BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 407

soryy but you cannot put on any of the higher tier specials or weapons and its the same for the all these hulls I have tried

You still have to pay attention to hull classes and weight when putting tech on ships, even the old ones.  Here is a MC I actually use as a spotter for proto-mastodons.  Note the stupid high % values for Survival, this is due to the fact that the lower tier MULTIPLIES the effect Survival has on a hull.  

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • Terry Charlton
    Terry Charlton
    Potential Threat
    Ok got it thank you