DEADLY VISAGE TLC: Massive Damage. What Am I Doing Wrong?

TomBrooklyn
TomBrooklyn
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,679
edited 9 Oct 2019, 2:58AM
What am I doing wrong?

My Erad fleet w/ flag, fully outfitted, skulled, and U1 (flag has no upgrade option), took almost total damage doing Prize Pack 1.

Combat 1 of PP2 was putting such a hurt on them, I could tell my fleet probably wouldn't get half way through it without total repair required, even starting from a fully repaired fleet.  I just Retreated there.

There is one youtube video on doing Deadly Visage but the soundtrack is nothing but music with no explanation of what is going on; and I don't know how to replicate it.  I am taking about 5x as much damage as what's shown in the video.

• The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,332
    What am I doing wrong?

My Erad fleet w/ flag, fully outfitted, skulled, and U1 (flag has no upgrade option), took almost total damage doing Prize Pack 1.

Combat 1 of PP2 was putting such a hurt on them, I could tell my fleet probably wouldn't get half way through it without total repair required, even starting from a fully repaired fleet.  I just Retreated there.

There is one youtube video on doing Deadly Visage but the soundtrack is nothing but music with no explanation of what is going on; and I don't know how to replicate it.  I am taking about 5x as much damage as what's shown in the video.
    the key to avoiding damage on this campaign is really avoiding the pyro turret damage. Stack your fleet and keep moving while being at max range and you will take virtually no damage from that turret. You cannot simply send in one ship to tank the damage from that turret all the time, that should only be used if there is no space to keep moving. 
    It's only game, why you have to be mad?
  • Andrew Smith40
    Andrew Smith40
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 16
    Dont stop moving. Take 2 or 3 passes at a row of turrets if you have to.
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    as usual the reccomended fleet is unable to much in the tlc. I use my dragoons and still take alot of dmg. You are doing wrong it working as intended. LOL
    that is objectively untrue. I take between 5-15 mins damage per stage, and for stages 1-3 instant map repair is possible. I did all 3 mastery rounds for a combined 3 and a half hours repair (and my driving was less than perfect, especially in the later rounds).  
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,600
    You are driving wrong, or you have a horrible build. You can't be a "bull in a china shop" in these targets, and expect to do them with minimum damage. It takes of bit of finesse, skill and being blessed by the Flash gods to finish the job.

I did PP3 ( which is the same as mastery ) with U1 Eradicators, and had less than 1.5hrs damage to fleet.

I then did each mastery with fully armored U2 Ironclaw/Dragoon fleet for insta map repair on all but 2 encounters, and those were dock insta.

There are crews and repair tactics that can minimize your total end repairs.
  • kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 200
    You basically need Dragoons and forget about the 'recommended' fleets. I scrapped my Eradicators a while ago as worthless junk. I kept Shrikes because they do the SSRB base parts section for free and well within the restricted time limit that Eradicators struggle with
  • Yabanut
    Yabanut
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 215
    Goons very good with this, 1st 4 battle in PP3 instant on map repair, then dock and repair each ship, or 2-3 ships at same time, and the 2 that take the extra damage by them selves, was going to do next pack, but maintenance as messed up my plans.....lol.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Thanks to all for the comments.

The Qing said: the key to avoiding damage on this campaign is really avoiding the pyro turret damage....
    Which turret is the Pyro?

• The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician

The Qing said: the key to avoiding damage on this campaign is really avoiding the pyro turret damage....
    The flamethrower turret. Even erads with no bloodthirst (meaning they're at their slowest) can completely avoid its damage if you stay at maximum range. 

Of course, there are times when you have to send in one ship as a sacrificial lamb to tank the damage from these things, when there is no space to move, or too many close range cannons. But don't do that for every turret, or you'll find the damage adds up fast.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,695
    The Qing said:

The flamethrower turret. Even erads with no bloodthirst (meaning they're at their slowest) can completely avoid its damage if you stay at maximum range. 

Of course, there are times when you have to send in one ship as a sacrificial lamb to tank the damage from these things, when there is no space to move, or too many close range cannons. But don't do that for every turret, or you'll find the damage adds up fast.
    Rather than the sacrificial lamb, a small pinch usually does the trick - I just did the mastery level for 44 total minutes of damage on my dragoon fleet. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • novartis
    novartis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 143

The one that looks like shooting flamethrower projectile around and does splash damage
    In the end, it just down into maths, pure maths. We just don't really know how their math works.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    The Qing said:  The flamethrower turret.
    novartis said: The one that looks like shooting flamethrower projectile around and does splash damage
    That is the one, I think, that has caused the most dmg to my Erads.   

Is that a Pyroclastic II?     The same kind we can install in our bases?

• TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    I just did PP1 of Titan Awakening with 55m rpr.   Not great, but much better for me.    

Now I think I see what I think you guys meant about the Pyro turrets.  You have to keep moving and their shots will go behind you.   Before I was targeting them and stopping to shoot at them because I thought Erads were supposed to outrange them.   When I stopped I was taking the full blast from them.

• novartis
    novartis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 143
    The Qing said:  The flamethrower turret.
    novartis said: The one that looks like shooting flamethrower projectile around and does splash damage
    That is the one, I think, that has caused the most dmg to my Erads.   

Is that a Pyroclastic II?     The same kind we can install in our bases?
    seems like it, however with the usual escalated damage by kix
    In the end, it just down into maths, pure maths. We just don't really know how their math works.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    novartis said:
    TomBrooklyn said: Is that a Pyroclastic II?     The same kind we can install in our bases?
    seems like it, however with the usual escalated damage by kix
    I hadn't paid it any attention for my base, because it seemed no Tier 7 turret had any effect on any attackers.   None of the various ones I have installed, anyway.