Gorgon and Carnage Weapons, what is best choice?

david.h.close
david.h.close
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 4
I put the Hullrender cannon on both hulls. Damage is good, but range really bad. Is there a better weapon choice for these hulls?
  • DimWit123
    DimWit123
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 15
    hullrender is designed for the Carnage. On the Gorgon use Ophidian Missiles

• david.h.close
    david.h.close
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 4
    DimWit123 said:
    hullrender is designed for the Carnage. On the Gorgon use Ophidian Missiles

Thank You! Much appreciated :-) 
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,679
    DimWit123 said:  hullrender is designed for the Carnage. 
    1. How about the Lamentation Launcher, going Radioactive for the Carnage; or is everybody going with the Ballistic Hullrender?

(I don't have the Lamentation Launcher anyway, but was still wondering if it was good.)

2. Why does the Hullrender Cannon have Wall and Building Damage, when it's designed as a Defender?

• Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 369
    edited 12 Oct 2019, 3:40AM
    DimWit123 said:  hullrender is designed for the Carnage. 
    1. How about the Lamentation Launcher, going Radioactive for the Carnage; or is everybody going with the Ballistic Hullrender?

(I don't have the Lamentation Launcher anyway, but was still wondering if it was good.)

2. Why does the Hullrender Cannon have Wall and Building Damage, when it's designed as a Defender?

1. I tried the LL on a Howler and I didn't like it.  Too slow to fire and too slow to build the shockwave.  Maybe it works better on defense vs. hulls.

2. That's true, but unlike other defenders, it moves, so technically it could be used for base attack (uncontrollable)

On a side note, and i'm just throwing this out there: Consider the Medusa missile over the Ophidian for Gorgons.  It has higher damage per missle, plus small defensive bonuses, though roughly half the accuracy and slightly longer reload.   Damage output per shot is the name of the game.