9.41 UPDATE DISCUSSION THREAD (RAID: SPOILS OF WAR)

CM_Ghillie
CM_Ghillie
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 613
Hi Pirates! 

As mentioned, this is our new format for weekly discussions, including posts about the weekly event(s). Thank you again for your patience. 

CM Ghillie
  • MsBlueEyes
    MsBlueEyes
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3
    prize list please
  • maddad
    maddad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 569
    why no leaderboard prizes for pillage untill right b4 raid?
    why not after update like usual? @CM Ghillie?  care to explain?
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,719
    I like, we get to talk about the update notes before we get the update notes :) ... on the project plan delivered early one item ... lol
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Drax said:
    I like, we get to talk about the update notes before we get the update notes :) ... on the project plan delivered early one item ... lol
    Not just the update notes, but all the activities this week. Still, nice to be early ;) 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    maddad said:
    why no leaderboard prizes for pillage untill right b4 raid?
    why not after update like usual? @CM Ghillie?  care to explain?
    Just received an update - Leaderboard prizes are going out today. Originally it was to make sure the chest was available but looks like the team got it out on time. :)

• george.ducheno
    george.ducheno
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 49
    Last raid I wasn't able to use my Dragoons at all, as they couldn't survive the first channel in the targets.  This time I have them done, with flag, all skulled, armored and at U1 (Flag at U2), with Sprints instead of Gales.  If this isn't good enough to gain points in the top targets, I had better see some lower tier targets that allow this hull or this raid will be as pointless as the last, and that will be it for me in this game.
    might as well say goodbye now Blitz if you really expect kixeye to give you a fighting chance without paying a house mortgage to them every month.  There is no way to build an entire fleet properly outfitted to hit the big targets without spending a fortune to do it 

• kixeyeuser_1385395552015_100002033136223
    kixeyeuser_1385395552015_100002033136223
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 27
    Just make sure  capitol ships shards are in the prize list this time around. It be sad to miss on another raid(event) again cause i have nothin i want to get.
  • kevin.brown.9638
    kevin.brown.9638
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 179
    Just make sure  capitol ships shards are in the prize list this time around. It be sad to miss on another raid(event) again cause i have nothin i want to get.
    Well if you don't want the next cycle hull/weapon/special, then you may as well quit now, seeing as it will be required at some point down the line (although with the deals kix is putting out, you may just be on to something as long as you are willing to spend a few $$ a cycle, like the $16US TLO for goons that's on right now).
  • Campaign_Runner
    Campaign_Runner
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 1
    About the Pieces of Eight Campaign, what type of fleet is to be used against it?
    There is nothing in the update notes, and this is useful information.
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 395
    I cant use my dragoons either = i got realy drunk last night and now i cant find them  :)
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 395
    Is the new mortar going to hit stuff or is it like the rest where attacking ships hafta be not moving for a couple minutes b4 the mortars hit them???
  • kixeyeuser_1406300105962_100004147847899
    kixeyeuser_1406300105962_100004147847899
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 202
    Janske said:
    The 2 month raidcycle should go back to 3 months , the idea from using the fleets from the past cycle in lower level targets is great, but they payout alot less , and honestly 2 months to build a complete fleet with all upgrades is not doable , please bring back the 3 months raidcycle 
    i agree 100 percent
  • dm vc
    dm vc
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 833
    not sure if i put fm guestions here - but started fm 20 hours ago and my 1 day ship build already expired - care to explain that ??????
  • Joy_K7
    Joy_K7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 20
    dm vc said:
    not sure if i put fm guestions here - but started fm 20 hours ago and my 1 day ship build already expired - care to explain that ??????
    well I just went and started my fm now and my token is already expired and rest are expiring in less then a day

so things expired before even starting - then I stared it and just checked it because it usually says expired until you start - still gone and others are expired 16 hours after I started

very very bad kix - so you muck us out of a one day token - to reward us for mucking up last week - good call wtg nice going - said sarcastically

smarten up and reset the clocks of those that just started

• Ruben Kok
    Ruben Kok
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 5
    When is the new R&D upcomming many players are waiting to get higher on the R&D
  • kixeyeuser_1385395552015_100002033136223
    kixeyeuser_1385395552015_100002033136223
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 27
    edited 8 Oct 2019, 11:54AM
    dm vc said:
    Joy_K7 said:
    dm vc said:
    well I just went and started my fm now and my token is already expired and rest are expiring in less then a day

so things expired before even starting - then I stared it and just checked it because it usually says expired until you start - still gone and others are expired 16 hours after I started

very very bad kix - so you muck us out of a one day token - to reward us for mucking up last week - good call wtg nice going - said sarcastically

Someone didnt read warning posted by CM Ghillie about 25 mil give away. As soon as you logged in and got your 25 mil last wednesday, FM timer started even if you didnt hit any targets. That could explain your token expiring.

CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 560
    Update: Points and tokens will be issued starting at 3PM PDT and players will receive them on login. As such, the FM chest timers will start as well. 

• VADERBACON
    VADERBACON
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 305
    dm vc said:
    Joy_K7 said:
    dm vc said:

Someone didnt read warning posted by CM Ghillie about 25 mil give away. As soon as you logged in and got your 25 mil last wednesday, FM timer started even if you didnt hit any targets. That could explain your token expiring.

CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 560
    Update: Points and tokens will be issued starting at 3PM PDT and players will receive them on login. As such, the FM chest timers will start as well. 

They are not expired, just at capasity. Meaning u need to open up your chests u have so u can collect the chests from the new fm. I always open up the chests before last fm and use a 1 day sbt so the last fm i can collect the 1 day sbt and save the chests and tokens for the new raid cycle hulls to build them with, but that is just me.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    FYI - the 9.41 Notes have been updated to include changes to the Scoundrel. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/766155 
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,560
    Well if you don't want the next cycle hull/weapon/special, then you may as well quit now, seeing as it will be required at some point down the line (although with the deals kix is putting out, you may just be on to something as long as you are willing to spend a few $$ a cycle, like the $16US TLO for goons that's on right now).

Your on to something, but not what you think ;)

I havent done a single raid in 6 months, barelly have done others events. All ive done is FM and a bit of Pillage, which is mostly how i get my raid hulls. Cheaper and faster then raid.

Ive stop bothering to keep up. Ive stop building the latest and greatest for more then 6 months and yet, i can manage to grind to get what i WANT. I build what i WANT, or absolutly need to have, like preats.

Yes, i been on the verge of quitting for over a year, but one goal as kept me around to do the minimum, getting the last few shard packs for my capitol ship. I need 2 pack for Man O War and 1 pack for Hellstar and Pnem, which is what 800k in raid, quite grindable with even a year old flt.

After that, who knows, maybe ill log and keep research going and see what kix does, maybe quit, who knows.

One thing is sure, i wont invest time on hulls that become obsolete in less then 6 months. Especially when they seem to give them for free after 3-4 months. If you havent seen that pattern by now, im soooo sorry for you. Sadly content in this game is devalued faster then a car these days, and once it at 10% of it value (after 2-3 months) they basicly give it away.

SO keep running after the carrot if you want, ive stopped. Ill play to have fun and do what i WANT when i WANT too. No more huge grinds, no more money (heck still got the 50 coin they gave us a few months ago), and no more encouragement. I dont care if they go bankrupt or keep making 13.5 mil profit a quarter as they have stated, i wont be encouraging this studios (even if im a fellow canadian citizen) until i see my money worth in this game.
    IF that plan works for you, great. Building the latest ships doesnt have to cost you much money, you just need to keep  the SY going all the time. Your style would be vastly boring to  a large part of the player base. But it's true that a persons idea of "fun" can and does vary a lot. If you aren't having fun on the game then yes, you should quit. Why waste time on a game you don't like?
  • VADERBACON
    VADERBACON
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 305
    Can u add ion thruster 4 to the prize list. Some people don't have it and would like to get it. If already there i must have overlooked it.
  • PirateJack80
    PirateJack80
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 127
    Can U add following to prizelist:

Dragoon Ship Build Tokens
    Ironclaw Dragoon Ship Build Tokens
    Scoundrel Ship Build Tokens

Dragoon Upgrade Tokens
    Ironclaw Dragoon Upgrade Tokens
    Scoundrel Upgrade Tokens

This is the last raid for this cycle and in would be appreciated to get these tokens so we can improve our raid fleet during this raid....
    Aye
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    prize list please
    Posted now ;) https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/766191 
This discussion has been closed.