New FM Target 129 Change

michaelg21
michaelg21
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,560
Ghillie/WT and Designers-you stated that the 129 has "auto" in mind when hitting this target. Well, I have tried this target on auto. I will once again compare it to the 131 on AUTO with my fleet of Praetorians. On a 131 with no crew on auto my damage is typically around 90 min or so.

Now I noted that you did up the points to 7 million which is appreciated. However, the damage is STILL MUCH TO HIGH to be a useful alternative to the 131. My damage on the 129 was in fact, more than the 131 by a considerable margin. Remember, 90 min for the 131. The 129 recorded 116 min of damage. Or about 26 min MORE damage for 3 million FEWER points. So, still my answer is thank you but the damage needs to come down MORE for it to be viable. I can tell you the target is cramped-too many turrets and ships attacking all at one time. This makes it impossible for countermeasures to be of very much use-you have a spot where there are at least 12 ships firing at the fleet at one time, not to mention all of the turrets. PLEASE spread the target out a bit or remove some of the ships. That would help immensely with the unnecessary damage, thanks

• sandy466
    sandy466
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 52
    erm , just hit the 131s then...no brainer.

• CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 613
    Ghillie/WT and Designers-you stated that the 129 has "auto" in mind when hitting this target. Well, I have tried this target on auto. I will once again compare it to the 131 on AUTO with my fleet of Praetorians. On a 131 with no crew on auto my damage is typically around 90 min or so.

Now I noted that you did up the points to 7 million which is appreciated. However, the damage is STILL MUCH TO HIGH to be a useful alternative to the 131. My damage on the 129 was in fact, more than the 131 by a considerable margin. Remember, 90 min for the 131. The 129 recorded 116 min of damage. Or about 26 min MORE damage for 3 million FEWER points. So, still my answer is thank you but the damage needs to come down MORE for it to be viable. I can tell you the target is cramped-too many turrets and ships attacking all at one time. This makes it impossible for countermeasures to be of very much use-you have a spot where there are at least 12 ships firing at the fleet at one time, not to mention all of the turrets. PLEASE spread the target out a bit or remove some of the ships. That would help immensely with the unnecessary damage, thanks

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks! 
  • thebra1n
    thebra1n
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 11
    Ghille, would you care to explain why after having fitted some armour to my Praetorian fleet i take more damage than i did without the armour in a 13 ? im not alone and the question seems to keep getting ignored, either the new armour is broken the anti's dont work or the 131 has had its damage out put increased 
  • Andrew Smith40
    Andrew Smith40
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 16
    thebra1n said:
    Ghille, would you care to explain why after having fitted some armour to my Praetorian fleet i take more damage than i did without the armour in a 13 ? im not alone and the question seems to keep getting ignored, either the new armour is broken the anti's dont work or the 131 has had its damage out put increased 
    +1

I also have the same issue. I dont mind making refits for my build mistakes but making refits when things are silently being changed in the background is BS. 
  • thebra1n
    thebra1n
    Greenhorn
    and still the question is being ignored 
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,560
    thebra1n said:
    and still the question is being ignored 
    I will take a stab at it tb-but I would need more info. What armor did you add exactly, what did you have on it previously and your build currently. If you are interested I can try to help and you can send a PM to me or you can post here. It's up to you, BUT, I don't think she CAN answer that question based on the info you provided and would also need additional details
  • Marius Kain
    Marius Kain
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 259
    edited 9 Oct 2019, 2:50AM
    thebra1n said:
    Depends on the Armor you put on. Adding Armor can and will ADD repair time UNLESS the repair time on the Armor is posted at Zero. So depending on the Armor Used, will dictate your Repair Time. What Type of Armor did you put on them?
    We have WAR, We have Aggression, Let us do it with Pride and Honor Without disgracing our parents by showing how badly they raised their kids. That's all it is, Poor Parenting and lousy attitude.
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 407
    edited 9 Oct 2019, 3:52PM
    Also, learn to semi-auto.  You have an initial destination, 5 additional waypoints, and then you can end the chain with shift-S to restore ships to AI. This can be done with EACH ship having a different course if you need to, for up to 30 total stops followed by true auto. This can carve a TON of repair time of on an auto hit, and in fact is the only way to hit Bounty Replica Bases on auto reliably within the allowed time.  

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • thebra1n
    thebra1n
    Greenhorn
    ive gone from no armour where i could kill 4 131s with a small amount of health remaining, ive added  d7m and zx1 every boat has 1 piece of each armour 1 boat has 2 zx1 and a d7m, as for build they are all running 5 pilum rockets, 2 sprints and a gail 3, the flag is running 4 pilum, 3 sprints, 1 gail 4, all run the same specials which are Penetrative sync, hyper 30, galea defence, siege targeting 4, explosive battery and mx3 with the addition of armour and driving the same route i now cant finish the 4th 131 target before im dead, also to note i dont auto targets ;) as for the advice from Buckmeatmissle, its a great idea and sounds awesome but i get a headache just thinking about that lol, its pack only for this old timer  
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 613
    thebra1n said:
    thebra1n said:
    Depends on the Armor you put on. Adding Armor can and will ADD repair time UNLESS the repair time on the Armor is posted at Zero. So depending on the Armor Used, will dictate your Repair Time. What Type of Armor did you put on them?
    ^^ What armor are you using? 
  • thebra1n
    thebra1n
    Greenhorn
    thebra1n said:
    thebra1n said:
    ^^ What armor are you using? 
    its in my previous answer ;) 
  • dabra1n
    dabra1n
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 9
    so nobody have anything ? its clear to me that my problem started when i fitted armour but im loath to removing it to see if the problem goes away as shipyard time is always at a premium 
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 628
    edited 12 Oct 2019, 11:34AM
    I bought the deal on prat tokens a while back and tried combos using the D7-M and new explosive armour offered in Fm. The first thing I noticed was that from the damage report I got more explosive than missile damage so bearing in mind I had anti missiles I put 3 D7-M and 3 of the new explosive panels...then started to use that repair time and experiment using my tokens. Bearing in mind all the armours I mention are ZERO added repair time only the armour points differ. I started to notice that by putting more D7-M on I got less damage?????in the end I found using all D7-m and zero explosive armour i took less damage???? even crazier If I use 4 D7-m and 2 of the old charged m armours I took less damage than 6 D7-M...thats ridiculous???? 25 mill for an explosive armour that has more free armour points yet gives longer repair times than an old charged armour with none????worse still we take according to the reports more explosive damage but zero explosive armour works best???? all of this i tried ages ago to get an answer on discord ,forum posts and pm to Ghillie and Chris and like others stated here no response. I honestly believe its because they dont know,I think its because they are unaware of older tech like charged armour which is still totally messed up and unexplained and the battle report is so totally wrong easily shown by not using any explosive armour and taking less repair. Ghillie you really should make an effort to address these findings as the armour is so expensive and really is messed up.I am nt posting my build but I average less than an hour on auto and I dont use any of the new armours which is crazy a reponse to my posts ages ago or pms would have at least been polite as like many I paid for tokens to test and pass on results.
  • dabra1n
    dabra1n
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 9
    thanks for the insight John, i appreciate the effort on your part 

it does seem as though lots of shipyard time has been wasted fitting the zx1 :( and as you say i dont think kixeye know why or worse still dont care why 

i would not be upset if you messaged me with your build ;) 
  • thebra1n
    thebra1n
    Greenhorn
    thanks for that John at least im not going mad, its weird but there doesnt seem to be a lot of chatter about this and it must be affecting everybody