I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT..CM CHILLIE OR ANYONE AT KIXEYE PLEASE READ

robert_ c
robert_ c
Strike-force Captain
Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 961
THE NEW SEIGE TARGETS ARE  FUN TO DRIVE IN AND AS ALL OF YOU KNOW I LIKE TO AUTO BUT THESE TARGETS WERE DESIGNED TO KEEP YOU ON YOUR TOES AND REMEMBER I HATE DRIVING IN TARGETS.now this is where kixeye fails the targets are way overpowered also you cant kill the turrets fast enough to reduce the damage taken by the time your guns get in firing range the turrets have been firing 2-3 seconds at you doing damage which cant be countered very well.kixeye change these things and you got a winner atleast in my book.
Aaron24083 said:
my one wish would be for a turret that could actually stop a boat
  • Skeptical
    Skeptical
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 529
    These are not auto friendly targets, must drive or try lower tier.  Maybe they will give you an auto target next month.

UAV do far more damage than advertised in the VXP weekend preview, thats a given & has thrown a lot of builders for a loop this raid.
    Making a sprint platform out of a Dragoon solves the problem for 90% of the damage they have been outputting.

Turrets are going down in two fleet salvos for me.  Sounds like your not staking enough ballistic damage or building damage, probably both in your build.
  • kixeyeuser_1422032690290_100006717880976
    kixeyeuser_1422032690290_100006717880976
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 47
    u drive an have fun coininggggggggg
  • Skeptical
    Skeptical
    Skilled Warrior
    No need to coin, 30-60 min dmg/ S Set
    Destroy the fleet (5mill/4H repair), wait out repairs & do other things
    Rinse/Repeat will get all the items required
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 431
    robert_ c said:
    THE NEW SEIGE TARGETS ARE  FUN TO DRIVE IN AND AS ALL OF YOU KNOW I LIKE TO AUTO BUT THESE TARGETS WERE DESIGNED TO KEEP YOU ON YOUR TOES AND REMEMBER I HATE DRIVING IN TARGETS.now this is where kixeye fails the targets are way overpowered also you cant kill the turrets fast enough to reduce the damage taken by the time your guns get in firing range the turrets have been firing 2-3 seconds at you doing damage which cant be countered very well.kixeye change these things and you got a winner atleast in my book.
    Skeptical said:
    These are not auto friendly targets, must drive or try lower tier.  Maybe they will give you an auto target next month.

UAV do far more damage than advertised in the VXP weekend preview, thats a given & has thrown a lot of builders for a loop this raid.
    Making a sprint platform out of a Dragoon solves the problem for 90% of the damage they have been outputting.

Turrets are going down in two fleet salvos for me.  Sounds like your not staking enough ballistic damage or building damage, probably both in your build.
    We are discussing auto-friendly targets for next month, but I won't likely have more information until closer to. In the meantime, we turned down the damage on the 60s and we're hoping that makes things a little better over the next few days. 
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,531
    ALL the targets are over tuned. I personally don't care a lick if you turned down damage in the low level target. 

I spent money and a good amount of time building/ranking/upgrading a full fleet of the current ship with all the kit, it is the first month, and these targets are slaughtering my fleet, Previously if I went through the expense and effort to build an entire fully kitted fleet you could do the raid for minimal cost, that was the payoff for the investment.

You used to be able to do the top target with three ranked kitted ships the first month, the damage was a  little higher, but I did it many a month, and I bought (wait for it) BUILD TOKENS for my top fleet so I could get it finished (crazy, huh) DURING THE RAID.  

This shift in philosophy around the events is going to prove disastrous. If people spend before the raid, they don't want to spend during the raid. If they don't, they can reasonably expect to spend during the raid or grind a lot. No one, and I mean NO ONE finds it acceptable to pay ahead of the raid and spend big during the raid. That is a recipe for abandoned accounts, not happy players. 

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • GordM1
    GordM1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 151
    Skeptical said:
    No need to coin..... lol     nope cause you just coined refits or maybe you had those build tokens that appear from fresh air.... Kix or whoever fecked up this raid for at least 95% of the players IMO, the other 5% will never learn that they are getting screwed.

• Skeptical
    Skeptical
    Skilled Warrior
    GordM1 said:
    Skeptical said:
    No need to coin..... lol     nope cause you just coined refits or maybe you had those build tokens that appear from fresh air.... Kix or whoever fecked up this raid for at least 95% of the players IMO, the other 5% will never learn that they are getting screwed.

FM Tokens dont appear from fresh air, they appear by doing the chests last week.  No need to coin when you have them saved for refits.  As Ive said in other threads the UAVs threw the entire raid balance off since they were downplayed in the VXP weekend by a huge amount which is why 95% of the community did not build for anti weapons including myself.

Its not the first time Kixeye has done a bait & switch, so Ive learned to keep tokens set aside just for such occasions.  Maybe you should as well instead of accusing folks of coining vs planning for the unknown which is what was done here. :)
  • mWild
    mWild
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 115
    Just Wait till game fks up and you send in ticket    Back to old ways   No compensation for shockwaves now as per message i got for 2 tickets   fk you CM Gillie
  • Wesley_W41
    Wesley_W41
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 341
    robert_ c said:
    Skeptical said:

We are discussing auto-friendly targets for next month, but I won't likely have more information until closer to. In the meantime, we turned down the damage on the 60s and we're hoping that makes things a little better over the next few days. 
    I always coin and blitz raids, FM, Bounty, and pillage. This is one first one this year I am sitting out and with good reason. I am tired of endless spending and not getting the bang for my buck that I use to. Even the LTO's being offered to me now are nothing of use. Look at my purchase history on my base, you will see a decrease over the past couple of months. I am very tired of it and almost at the point of walking away from this game. When an LTO is offering my build tokens for fleets that are already built, something is wrong. Not sure who the new owners of the game are, but their business model isn't to bright. Y'all are losing players at a faster rate right now than you ever did. Sorry if you don't like what I am saying, but the truth hurts. 

You have 2 ship yards, one for PVP and one for PVE. In both yards, you do your builds, refits, and upgrades. You are forcing people to spend to keep up because to have to coin a speed up on a 15 day build to start a 10 day upgrade on that same ship for PVP. So by the time a player has all ships built and upgraded, new tech is out that makes to fleet **** near obsolete. And the same goes for the PVE side of building and upgrading. By the time a person is done, this fleet is basically useless in raids and pillage for top tier targets. People that use to coin very little have stopped coining completely. A lot of people that were major coiners, have slowed down dramatically(including me). The new owners need to decide what they are wanting to accomplish here. Either they are trying to make a fast run at the cash and run or are they trying to eliminate to players that don't spend and go to strictly a pay for play game.

As I said, the truth hurts.
    Q Rich said:

If you have an issue with how a ticket is handed then first please let us know via the ticket so we can double check it. If you come hear to complain, then please supply the ticket number so that i can look into it for you.

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,531
    robert_ c said:
    Skeptical said:

I always coin and blitz raids, FM, Bounty, and pillage. This is one first one this year I am sitting out and with good reason. I am tired of endless spending and not getting the bang for my buck that I use to. Even the LTO's being offered to me now are nothing of use. Look at my purchase history on my base, you will see a decrease over the past couple of months. I am very tired of it and almost at the point of walking away from this game. When an LTO is offering my build tokens for fleets that are already built, something is wrong. Not sure who the new owners of the game are, but their business model isn't to bright. Y'all are losing players at a faster rate right now than you ever did. Sorry if you don't like what I am saying, but the truth hurts. 

You have 2 ship yards, one for PVP and one for PVE. In both yards, you do your builds, refits, and upgrades. You are forcing people to spend to keep up because to have to coin a speed up on a 15 day build to start a 10 day upgrade on that same ship for PVP. So by the time a player has all ships built and upgraded, new tech is out that makes to fleet **** near obsolete. And the same goes for the PVE side of building and upgrading. By the time a person is done, this fleet is basically useless in raids and pillage for top tier targets. People that use to coin very little have stopped coining completely. A lot of people that were major coiners, have slowed down dramatically(including me). The new owners need to decide what they are wanting to accomplish here. Either they are trying to make a fast run at the cash and run or are they trying to eliminate to players that don't spend and go to strictly a pay for play game.

As I said, the truth hurts.
    & you were exactly the type of player that Kix just LOVED

Who on earth coined FM? You've got nearly a WEEK to get the essentials, if you want the extras, still heaps of time. I never bothered grinding the 25 mil armours, but I could've.
    Pillage, again, there should be no need to coin it if you're reasonably up to date--this last Pillage, I made 225k, only needed the Corrosive turrets, flag hull, weapon & the rank tokens were a bonus thrown in for us (quite cheap, if you did the TLC, the rank tokens in that applied to the new hulls, so you only needed 2 x 50k VXP if you had a couple from the TLC (which you didn't need to coin, I just long-repaired after each round)

LTOs can be quite cheap, or not. It's a matter of getting the best deal if it REALLY applies (the U3 Proto-Apollo deal for 50 coin was pretty good, doubles the capability of the hull, & I used the 50 coin from the FvF challenge Kix paid out to us)

Currently my SY is busy producing a blank Highguard Warden, as I consider myself reasonably up to date PvE-wise with 3 Praetorians that auto 120s for instant (I also have an excellent tweaked Kix V-IB fleet that does 111s for instant rep, tweaks being Galea, 1 Sprint <vs the Trident it came with> & Explosive Battery) the freebie Saturns & Proto-Apollos for Ti, the Kix Bats get my Unobtainium, & now I have a flagged Dragoon fleet (labelled Flagoons in my dock) there's my base parts for now (built with no armour, FM tokens held in reserve from before last raid & the TLC tokens made that fleet for me in the month required, which really, I'm very, very happy about.

I don't care too much about the upgrade program, if it was easier/cheaper, fine, I'd run my SY for it.

Got to know your priorities, I skipped on Silvers as quite simply, there, was no need for them when Bats get my U, & I was able to farm the heck out of the 40s in raid WHEN THE SPAWN RATE WAS AWESOME.. Sadly that got killed, oh well, that's pirate life.
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • GordM1
    GordM1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 151
    Skeptical said:
    GordM1 said:
    Skeptical said:

FM Tokens dont appear from fresh air, they appear by doing the chests last week.  No need to coin when you have them saved for refits.  As Ive said in other threads the UAVs threw the entire raid balance off since they were downplayed in the VXP weekend by a huge amount which is why 95% of the community did not build for anti weapons including myself.

Its not the first time Kixeye has done a bait & switch, so Ive learned to keep tokens set aside just for such occasions.  Maybe you should as well instead of accusing folks of coining vs planning for the unknown which is what was done here. :)
    Lots of people used the tokens to hopefully get there fleets ready for the raid, if you had tokens for building the required fleet and also some left for refits you did great, sure you never coined anything lol

• Skeptical
    Skeptical
    Skilled Warrior
    GordM1 said:
    Lots of people used the tokens to hopefully get there fleets ready for the raid, if you had tokens for building the required fleet and also some left for refits you did great, sure you never coined anything lol
    Coining isnt a requirement of the game, time management is a more important skillset.