Is this the end...?

Dirty_Hater
Dirty_Hater
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 60
edited 13 Sep 2019, 8:21PM
As I read through the forum, the general posts lead to the current raid cycle and the damage output. Have players finally justified the waste of money they put into the game after so long? We as players were certain that the game would end when flash introduced an end to their plug-in. One thing that many of you already know, is we as the players used to enjoy and have fun with Battle Pirates. We are generally the controllers and without us, they don't have a game and can't make profits. As of now I have 1.6 million points, and nothing in the prize list that shows my interest. We have spent time trying to build the perfect fleet of Dragoons and all we are shown is a repair button and what this new "Kix" ownership has to offer for the players.

So when do players decide to ban together and postpone spending money until we get what we want?  When is it going to be enough for when game management engages more to a player perspective and listens to what we want/need. I would like to get back to sitting down and having fun destroying targets, doing chores, hitting bases without treating it like a full time job. We have lives outside of this game and again it seems like people are finally stepping away to enjoy time doing what they want. (Besides work). 

To management, you're destroying the game. But, You. Don't. Care, right? Yesterday would have been the time "Kix" would have posted that they screwed up, added some build tokens. Gave players additional points for free. Extended the time for the raid. But obviously your propaganda worked. We have a TLC for buccaneers for christ sake, and there are zero targets in this raid for a low level player to use them for. It was a waste of a TLC. 

As for the strategy guide, that would have been nice to have 3 weeks ago so we could prepare our fleets with countermeasures. Our Erad fleets didn't even need anti's and yet, we would have to refit those with anti's to save on damage cost for the 62, 64. Seriously? We already have to refit our TOP TIER fleet to compete with the higher targets because of your lack of communication. Which WrongThinker was more concerned about Interceptor balance. How about player balance?  Ha, you're not concerned with that, just the game in general, typical. 

We the players have a voice and we chose to be fed by Kix and their tactics.  So when do we join together and make the game about us and not about the 100% profit were giving them for a game that has become useless. I hope the Canadian CM reads into this. That's what a Community Manager does, helps them out. Do your job, hiding under a desk doesn't help us. :wink:

Cheers 

• Yamato
    Yamato
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 30
    Well said, but I have seen thousands of posts just like this over my 8-9 years of BP gameplay, and although Kixeye claim to listen to player feedback, which I must say is bullchit....nothing is ever done.  The company as a whole would benefit better if they had many more regular small coiners compared to very few huge coiners, in the longrun it would pay off more.  But due to greed they actually chase away more players including the big coiners.....history will tell you this doe not work in the longrun from a business point of view.  We were always an alliance of 100, but now down to 47....all have left the game or stopped coining altogether due to the constant fulltime chore factor, coin factor and Kixeyes well overpowered targets.
  • chad.morris.31521
    chad.morris.31521
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 16
    Not to mention the fact that since I've come back, they seem to be turning the new tech release to a cash model. Within one day of each raid the "top" tech is offered in their LTO's, not to mention that we have new LTO's popping up daily. What message does that send to players? To this one it says they are trying to cash out before the soon to come end of Flash. I like saving cash in their bundles, but it feels cheap the way they've stuffed them down our throats.
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 542
    edited 14 Sep 2019, 6:47AM
    Not to mention the fact that since I've come back, they seem to be turning the new tech release to a cash model. Within one day of each raid the "top" tech is offered in their LTO's, not to mention that we have new LTO's popping up daily. What message does that send to players? To this one it says they are trying to cash out before the soon to come end of Flash. I like saving cash in their bundles, but it feels cheap the way they've stuffed them down our throats.
    THIS. I saw the Dragoon offer for $40 I could have built the whole fleet, why bother with the raid last month? It would have been cheaper to just buy it today. Ship, prints, upgrade tokens, 45 days of build tokens for $20. Why screw with the raid at all if that is gonna happen?

It was such a good deal I bought it to finish and refit my fleet. I ranked the flag, kitted it, added more armor and CMs to all 4 ships and finished 1.
    Level 119

I don't hit bases too often (not worth the cost)
    Been playing a long time. 
    Generally in sector 210...wait 24...nope..45...
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,531

Look at the U3 upgrade deals every time we get a freebie fleet. One day after we get something nice, it's "here, for only 9.99,you can upgrade all those hulls"
    Although the U3 Proto-Apollo deal was freaking awesome (98% discount, 49 coin to make the fleet twice as good, if not a little better than that) deal..

OK, I coined that with the 50 Kix gave us after losing FvF to Yannis..

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,531

@Yamato said:
    Well said, but I have seen thousands of posts just like this over my 8-9 years of BP gameplay, and although Kixeye claim to listen to player feedback, which I must say is bullchit....nothing is ever done.  The company as a whole would benefit better if they had many more regular small coiners compared to very few huge coiners, in the longrun it would pay off more.  But due to greed they actually chase away more players including the big coiners.....history will tell you this doe not work in the longrun from a business point of view.  We were always an alliance of 100, but now down to 47....all have left the game or stopped coining altogether due to the constant fulltime chore factor, coin factor and Kixeyes well overpowered targets.

The game just lost a L134 alliance leader who certainly coined, & I understand would even help out less fortunate alliance members with coin (I understand he'd retired from the services, & was on quite the pension)

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,523
    Yamato said:
    I think that this reply says more thanintended. in the course of eight years there have been thousands of posts by people complaining in the forums. Most people do not post and play the game. It is an old game that by nature had to come this way. With the monthly need to come out with a new ship to sell  and the need to make that ship desirable it had to be bigger and stronger from the previous one. The ship classifications was a good bandaid but I am sure now that after eight years, how much stronger and how much better can any ship or prize be. I think a lot of us are saying profits and greed are horrible , but they are fundamentally needed for a business to run.  I am not saying   the game  is not diminished from what it was at the begining but that it has done well to last so long.  We might have to accept that the game will no longer involve insta repair fleets for raids or   give us freedom of build designs and see it for what it is. the people  who play will decide what they want to spend and when they are tired of playing. The days of so many people playing and bases being so close together that they blend over full sectors are gone.
    I cannot teach anybody anything. 
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,523
    THIS. I saw the Dragoon offer for $40 I could have built the whole fleet, why bother with the raid last month? It would have been cheaper to just buy it today. Ship, prints, upgrade tokens, 45 days of build tokens for $20. Why screw with the raid at all if that is gonna happen?

It was such a good deal I bought it to finish and refit my fleet. I ranked the flag, kitted it, added more armor and CMs to all 4 ships and finished 1.
    I think that this would be a good way to purchase anything in the game. It would save time and give everyone access. Doing so accross the board on anyhting from base or hull and it would allow a person to start the game today and be hitting bases at high levels.  
    I cannot teach anybody anything.