How likely are you to recommend Battle Pirates to a friend?

Unsuportedcaharecter
Unsuportedcaharecter
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 505
I put 5 (Neutral) and this was the reason I gave.

"The game has play value. But, no actual reward for skill. Like the PvP aspect watching high lvl players throw their ships at head 1st at each other no real skill. Then for them to repair instantly while talking smack in chat. Just for them to repeat the whole process over again."

P.S I know it is Raid Time and that brings out some negative feelings. So think of a fair answer. Constructive Criticism
Ever seen the Dark side of the moon?
  • ParagonD
    ParagonD
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,002
    Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy these days.

Game has nothing (or very little) to do with skill anymore. It's just hit a target and then drain your bank account 'blitzing'.

Nobody minds pay to play when the costs are reasonable, but BP's costs are insane now.
    No chance of getting anywhere now. Most friends have left the game thanks to changes, and given the crazy chores now I'll doubtless join them.
  • Unsuportedcaharecter
    Unsuportedcaharecter
    Skilled Warrior
    I would NOT.  This game is a Pay to play Pay to win Pay to do everything game. You no longer have time to Build to perform for the raids. You dont do the raids, you get behind in tech, You get behind in tech, you cant do Chores. You cant do chores, you cant do anything.  PAY TO PLAY. NOT Recommended.
    What are some recommendations on how to build a better player/developer relation to which would be fair and fun for both parties? 
  • Unsuportedcaharecter
    Unsuportedcaharecter
    Skilled Warrior
    rayden said:
    I'd never recommend this game to someone I hate i steer everyone i know away
    How long have you been playing and how often do you play?

• Unsuportedcaharecter
    Unsuportedcaharecter
    Skilled Warrior
    ParagonD said:
    Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy these days.

Game has nothing (or very little) to do with skill anymore. It's just hit a target and then drain your bank account 'blitzing'.

Nobody minds pay to play when the costs are reasonable, but BP's costs are insane now.
    Where in particular are you seeing the diminishing of player skill?
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,338
    i wouldnt recommend this game to an enemy let alone a friend 
  • GrizzlyHD277
    GrizzlyHD277
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 355
    I wouldnt recommend it and i have been playing it for 8 years and nearly everyday, the build times are stupid 18 days a conq ship for a non  coiner by the time the fleet is done another better one has come out. impossible to upgrade ships efficiently as your yards are always doing something, they say we need to "prioritize" but we need all of those things we need upgraded hulls U2 dreds are a must for some bases, and with this new ship the subjugator we need that too. Not a chance in hell i would recommend this game for the p2w mechanics.
  • nrubnus
    nrubnus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 738
    Its gone in recent years from neutral to run the [email protected] as far away from this game as possible.
    This game is rapidly dying. 
  • kixeyeuser_227952741_6274_7322521
    kixeyeuser_227952741_6274_7322521
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 41
    Pretty likely to tell them yeah play it till your reach level 50 lol
  • kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 184
    I always put 0, not a cat in hells chance. This game has nothing for newcomers except frustration.
    This game only exists ( or should I say festers) on the majority who have played this game for years and have absorbed the many changes as they have come along.

Can you imagine starting now and being reduced to naval lab ships? What a nightmare with basically only salvage fleets succumbing to your miserable prehistoric pile of crap fleets. A stubborn very patient existing player might be able to cope, because they know what pitfalls to avoid and which technology to build first. But a total virgin to this game would run screaming after a week or so
  • jim.watson.5245
    jim.watson.5245
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 24
    I started this GAME for FUN ... now I can't remember the last time I had FUN in this game. Kixeye are killing it ... it is no longer a game ... WE are ALL being FARMED by them.

• Kevin76720
    Kevin76720
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 97
    I give it a 0.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,531
    I started talking about the game with a stranger on the road to Casterly Rock, & he told me he'd not only heard of it, but drew his weapon in order to threaten me if I continued.

I felt sorry for him, so spared him both his life & talking about the game any more.
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
    Potential Threat
    I started talking about the game with a stranger on the road to Casterly Rock, & he told me he'd not only heard of it, but drew his weapon in order to threaten me if I continued.

I felt sorry for him, so spared him both his life & talking about the game any more.
    Ser_Greory lol thats pretty good my man :):smile: lol
    Potential Threat

Ser_Greory lol thats pretty good my man :):smile: lol
  • RainbowPride
    RainbowPride
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 598
    i have literally not played this game as i have for weeks, all ive done since i won the Dragoon was log in build a new blank hull, log out until i knew it was done....... i have all 5 blanks but dont care to even finish them. nor do i have the desire to actually do any meaningful playing, ive been playing other games ( nothing kixeye or stillfont related ) and ive been having actual fun in those games, would i recommend this game to someone?  heavens no, i wouldnt recommend this burning ghost of a game that used to be fun to even an enemy.
  • princess941
    princess941
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 154
    Thats a NEGATIVE from me
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 542
    I haven't recommended people play this game for years. I have a substantial time/cash investment, and at this point it's habit, but the game is not remotely enjoyable enough that I would encourage any friend of mine to play now.

It used to be you could talk to friends online, now that is gone. 

Way too much chores, there is no way to do things but exactly as the developers path the tech tree. Everything is way too expensive, repetitive and time consuming, without actually being fun.  In what world is hitting (I think) 450+ 120 FM targets on auto, FUN???? I have done this two or three weeks in a row. (am I mentally defective you ask? maybe)

I wouldn't recommend this game to someone I didn't like, let alone a friend.

Don't ask me why I still play, I don't have a good answer.
    Level 119

I don't hit bases too often (not worth the cost)
    Been playing a long time. 
    Generally in sector 210...wait 24...nope..45...
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord

@Admiral_Slappy said:
    I haven't recommended people play this game for years. I have a substantial time/cash investment, and at this point it's habit, but the game is not remotely enjoyable enough that I would encourage any friend of mine to play now.

Way too much chores, there is no way to do things but exactly as the developers path the tech tree. Everything is way too expensive, repetitive and time consuming, without actually being fun.  In what world is hitting (I think) 450+ 120 FM targets on auto, FUN???? I have done this two or three weeks in a row. (am I mentally defective you ask? maybe)

Probably the social aspect of the game hooks us. The friends, the funny chat in comms, the hate mail.

I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
    Potential Threat

@Admiral_Slappy said:

Probably the social aspect of the game hooks us. The friends, the funny chat in comms, the hate mail.

Ser_gregor has hit the nail directly on the head. Very nice statement Ser_G!
  • stanley.verch
    stanley.verch
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 178
    The friends that recommended this game to me have stopped playing about 2-3 years ago more or less....I am on the verge of quitting myself...The small coiners cannot play this game anymore too much damage taken by hull... Too many changes all the time to keep up...   The latest is the new upgrade tokens for hulls .   Limited components and weapons that you can only get in raids is damaging the game....Too much time taken to get components that become outdated.....This makes the game TOO much work.....      Drives small coiners from game and  there goes the gravy in sales for kixeye staff....Good luck Kixeye customer service....
  • fuxxyou
    fuxxyou
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2018 Posts: 31
    no   never     
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 344

Frenemies, probably. Friends, never.

• BANZAI09
    BANZAI09
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 190
    nope,advice to play another game,maybe farmville should be more fun,now i am farmed by glitcheye en co

• xHawkx
    xHawkx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 263
    My vote is: 0
  • Terry Charlton
    Terry Charlton
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 6
    I am a player who has returned to the game I originally started playing just after black water days and it was real fun back then not too expensive to play, I stopped playing about the time the ironclad came out due to personal reasons. I came back 3 weeks ago with a new base and have tried to re-engage with the game found old friends (was always a laugh on comms not any more though) but its a shame the game is absolutely nothing like it used to be. The FM is on for a week hulls take forever to build tech is not available or even made available to build hulls. Way too much to do for so little. Would I ask my friends who used to play to come back NEVER.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    I am a player who has returned to the game I originally started playing just after black water days and it was real fun back then not too expensive to play, I stopped playing about the time the ironclad came out due to personal reasons. I came back 3 weeks ago with a new base and have tried to re-engage with the game found old friends (was always a laugh on comms not any more though) but its a shame the game is absolutely nothing like it used to be. The FM is on for a week hulls take forever to build tech is not available or even made available to build hulls. Way too much to do for so little. Would I ask my friends who used to play to come back NEVER.
    As a returning player, did Kix give you any fleets as a "welcome back" present?
  • Mark_G323
    Mark_G323
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 77
    i used to, but not anymore, for all the reasons the players have been saying for years, but you sadly dont listen,