Under Siege TLC is a good joke (the hull is outdated)

Ser_Gregor_Clegane
Ser_Gregor_Clegane
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,531
Well, Kix, not only do you bring about a raid series that seems to be hated across the board for its damage, but you have a TLC or 2 for those who feel up to it, or are outright desperate to do.

Before I touch on the subject matter, the TLC for Lurker Upgrades is a good joke, get the hull via the raid, get the upgrades via the TLC, but no weapons/specials for it, yeah, that's a winning solution for some, I'm sure. What's that, gotta do Bounty for that tech? You're having a laugh, aren't ya?

So, the Buccaneer. & 7 days worth of build tokens for it (yeah, it takes more than 7 days to build one fully equipped)

A hull that's now 2 generations behind the current, a hull that with its flagship, you're passing out to returning players, a hull that outright struggles in the lowest map base parts target (a full, flagged fleet gets around 30 minutes damage or so in said target) a hull that CAN'T do SSRBs, a hull that is pointless to get

A hull that can't even be used in this raid cycle (wondering the damage in a 40 if someone in another thread said his Erad couldn't do one of those)

So, Kix, what's your reasoning? If you're going to offer something, make it useful (the Hydra & associated would have been a far better choice for those needing Siege tech, as those CAN do the map targets/SSRB Siege sides)

This really goes to show how out of touch you are with the player base. On one side, create OP raid targets that only the mentally unsound touch, & on the other, offer a hull that became out of date as soon as you reaped the Legion Base parts targets (yet still keep older Glowing Nav Relays out there, because they've been buffed to deal more damage)

Expeditions? What a waste of a 50-60 day fleet. 
I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • ACAM73
    ACAM73
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 218
    Well said, 

I believe the reason why Hydras cant be used in TLC or raid targets is because if someone refit them with tier 8 tech. Hydras would and could do some of the lower targets. When Erads were first used in the raid cycle. I used my Hydras and cleaned up. Then after refitting my Hydras. Chit, I can do 109 reaver scrap heaps for a base repair with my Hydras...Because unlike the Erad and Goon fleets. Hydras can stop and go full speed...So I believe thats why Kix outlawed the Hydras in targets...Here's a my Hydra build 
  • Overball
    Overball
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 183
    this is aimed at the new players over the last few weeks. as you and everybody who played have gotten a full fleet for free when coming back and or upgraded their OP.

maybe it would be a good idea to stick one of these new weapons on it or change the specials. but as most people will agree it is outdated and useless especially since you can only hit the extremely lower lvl targets and damage is high as it is.

kixeye should have put out the last generation one as a freebie.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Overball said:
    this is aimed at the new players over the last few weeks. as you and everybody who played have gotten a full fleet for free when coming back and or upgraded their OP.

maybe it would be a good idea to stick one of these new weapons on it or change the specials. but as most people will agree it is outdated and useless especially since you can only hit the extremely lower lvl targets and damage is high as it is.

kixeye should have put out the last generation one as a freebie.
    You can put all the new weapons you like on the hull (albeit with a significant weight penalty) & it's going to do zip for the hull
    It's too light, it doesn't have the survival, it's just too old.

This thread is about a TLC, not a freebie fleet, by the way.

To answer your comment:

Please don't assume that I got said fleet as a returning player. I have seen some with said fleet, & I wonder why they got junk. As a returning player (I took 5 months off) I got Skies & a V-IB fleet, which were of far more use to me. I could get Ti, do Daily missions (<L80) & FM.

Thing is, the TLC is a bad joke, who's going to work a TLC for a hull that's outdated? That can't be escalated with improved tech simply due to weight limitations?
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • Joy_G48
    Joy_G48
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 121
    The name shall be changed fro TLC into a AUJC = Absolutely Useless Junk Campaign.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joy_G48 said:
    The name shall be changed fro TLC into a AUJC = Absolutely Useless Junk Campaign.
    Well said. Very well said, I could knight you for that, but... 
    The shame of being knighted by the likes of myself lol
  • LtlDisgruntledNoob
    LtlDisgruntledNoob
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 48
    I will say it one more time ... And don't think for a minute kix doesn't know it ...You capts sound pathetic.... Out game the game or just quit ... Its that simple 
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord

@LtlDisgruntledNoob said:
    I will say it one more time ... And don't think for a minute kix doesn't know it ...You capts sound pathetic.... Out game the game or just quit ... Its that simple 
    .(Image)

Did you even read the post?

I couldn't give 2 hoots about the Buccaneer itself, if you had any brains, you'd know the I actually have a full fleet of Dragoons sans armour.

I'm referring to those who have nothing, & believe that the Buccaneer will do the trick for them

If you're going to troll, go elsewhere, you made a prize fool of yourself with your comment.

I bet you quit for a while, Mr L115

• TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,638
    edited 12 Sep 2019, 5:56PM
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane said: I bet you quit for a while, Mr L115
    As another L115 player, I did the TLC because I don't have a complete fleet of Buccs yet, or of Hydras, so my fleet consists of a mix of three Hydras and two Buccs, one of which is naked except for one Thud.   I'd rather have gotten Hydra tokens of course though.   My Erad fleet is not complete, I have no Shrikes, and I haven't started building the Dragoons yet.   

My Hydra-Bucc fleet can do some things, although I forget what (I think it was Legion 68s for base parts, but they're gone now (I hope something similar comes back)) and it will be better with better outfitted Buccs.    It's better than nothing, and Bats auto'd the whole TLC w/ insta-map-repair so it was easy to do at least.

• Joy_G48
    Joy_G48
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 121
    As a L115 player, I did the TLC because I don't have a complete fleet of Buccs yet, or of Hydras, so my fleet consists of a mix of Hydras and Buccs.   I'd rather have gotten Hydra tokens of course though.   My Erad fleet is not complete, I have no Shrikes, and I haven't started building the Dragoons yet.   

My Hydra-Bucc fleet can do some things, although I forget what, and it will be better with better outfitted Buccs.    It's better than nothing, and Bats auto'd the TLC w/ map insta-repair.
    most will be outdated and useless by the time you got all build then.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,638
    edited 12 Sep 2019, 5:47PM
    Joy_G48 said: most will be outdated and useless by the time you got all build then.
    That is why I try to build the latest hull; but then I wind up with incomplete fleets because I can't finish one fleet before another comes out.    So I'll take any tokens I can earn to try to catch-up.     My fish are also incomplete and I haven't built a single Fangtooth yet.  I have no subs since I scrapped my Predators, except for one Lurker, but that's only for base defense.

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joy_G48 said: most will be outdated and useless by the time you got all build then.
    That is why I try to build the latest hull; but then I wind up with incomplete fleets because I can't finish one fleet before another comes out.    So I'll take any tokens I can earn to try to catch-up.     My fish are also incomplete and I haven't built a single Fangtooth yet.  I have no subs since I scrapped my Predators, except for one Lurker, but that's only for base defense.
    At least it was instant rep for you..
    In regards to fleet production, try to stay the path on one fleet type, whether it's Buccs, Dragoons, Silvers, etc, vs chopping & changing as soon as a new hull is released.
    I passed on the Silver last raid cycle, as I have a fleet that gets me (currently) U from SSRBs/Daily mission (Bats)
    So that freed up, & then some, the ability to build Dragoons, including the flag
  • chad.morris.31521
    chad.morris.31521
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 16
    I think it's in line with their monitization model for their earning model. Release a clearly outdated ship for claimed "newbies", but yet hey...heres the new ship you can buy fully fitted to do X thing right here in our LTO!! Profits drive product.
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 388
    Buccaneers are awful this raid. Would have been better for lower players if they did a poverty fleet TLC like they did for cannoneer/tideseeker/skyfire.

Burned all my excess tokens to build one with T8 tech just to see how it would go in the easiest targets. Wouldn't recommend it, it's instant repair but you can't deal with any of the nighthawks unless you build weird. The nighthawks will also constantly jam your retreat timer and I had a hard time getting out even with 80 combat speed.

You don't even get enough tokens from the TLC to build one anyways, so I guess that experience isn't really relevant.
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • Unsuportedcaharecter
    Unsuportedcaharecter
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 505
    Can the Dragoon the offer for $15 can that do Reaver Targets for Base parts?
    Ever seen the Dark side of the moon?
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Can the Dragoon the offer for $15 can that do Reaver Targets for Base parts?
    So my flagged fleet has no armour, yet I've been hitting the map base parts targets with a fair degree of success (even though I'm very new to them) I'd say the more the merrier, but buying ONE will give you the tech to build the rest, unless the tech is limited in nature (like Ballistic Battery)
    The flag does make a massive difference to survivability however. 
  • steve.smith.37266136
    steve.smith.37266136
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 156
    This raid is culturally biased against the white man.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Buccaneers are awful this raid. Would have been better for lower players if they did a poverty fleet TLC like they did for cannoneer/tideseeker/skyfire.

Burned all my excess tokens to build one with T8 tech just to see how it would go in the easiest targets. Wouldn't recommend it, it's instant repair but you can't deal with any of the nighthawks unless you build weird. The nighthawks will also constantly jam your retreat timer and I had a hard time getting out even with 80 combat speed.

You don't even get enough tokens from the TLC to build one anyways, so I guess that experience isn't really relevant.
    Goes to show how out of touch management are., use Buccs for what target, we ask.. 40s? Not really practical, unless you make a build that's 'weird' as you so eloquently put it, & oh, locked out of everything else? (not that they'd survive anyway)

& agreed about the poverty fleets, why they can't keep with that program
  • House_Harkonnen
    House_Harkonnen
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 91
    The inclusion of a hull TLC that has no use in the raid is beyond me :open_mouth:
  • Unsuportedcaharecter
    Unsuportedcaharecter
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 12 Sep 2019, 10:10PM
    The inclusion of a hull TLC that has no use in the raid is beyond me :open_mouth:
    Well they might be next raid Lower Tier fleet can get max points in their target class plus there are new players so a very easy TLC helps.

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Well they might be next raid Lower Tier fleet can get max points in their target class plus there are new plays so a very easy TLC helps.
    Except for the spawn rates on low-end targets is a bit of a joke now too.
    In my sector, I see about 5 fleets clumped together awaiting for a 40 to spawn, & another bunch not too far away.

That's what's killing it for the have-nots, the fact that the low-end spawn rates are so low, but of course, we all know the haves jump on them as fast as the have-nots.

High time towers at base came back really, stuff the map targets except maybe the ultra-hard stuff. (Oh, & make them co-op towers lol)
  • Unsuportedcaharecter
    Unsuportedcaharecter
    Skilled Warrior
    Well they might be next raid Lower Tier fleet can get max points in their target class plus there are new plays so a very easy TLC helps.
    In my sector, I see about 5 fleets clumped together awaiting for a 40 to spawn, & another bunch not too far away.

That's what's killing it for the have-nots, the fact that the low-end spawn rates are so low, but of course, we all know the haves jump on them as fast as the have-nots.

High time towers at base came back really, stuff the map targets except maybe the ultra-hard stuff. (Oh, & make them co-op towers lol)
    The spawn rate is fine they spawn about 30secs after being destroyed. I have 2 year old Tides (Love My Tides BTW) one per fleet just sitting at the plethora of 40's. The new players are going to have to relocate and get out of their comfort zone scout the map a little. We can move ever 3 days so if they get a sec that is bad they still have time within the raid to get out. Co op is fun don't know the last raid to offer it tho. 
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord

The spawn rate is fine they spawn about 30secs after being destroyed. I have 2 year old Tides (Love My Tides BTW) one per fleet just sitting at the plethora of 40's. The new players are going to have to relocate and get out of their comfort zone scout the map a little. We can move ever 3 days so if they get a sec that is bad they still have time within the raid to get out. Co op is fun don't know the last raid to offer it tho. 
    You do know relocation is turned OFF during raids?
    My sector is rather busy, lots of higher level players, so no, not a lot of 40s to be had, or they get pounced on rather fast
  • Unsuportedcaharecter
    Unsuportedcaharecter
    Skilled Warrior

My sector is rather busy, lots of higher level players, so no, not a lot of 40s to be had, or they get pounced on rather fast
    No I did not as my base was flatten before I could check. Well either way they can move before the event and try to relocate to a lower lvl player, dead sector, or they can stay wait for higher lvls to get done with there raid and then ask for for help ( if they can still do the target prep completion bonus). And they can do what I did and spend $2 and get the Eradicator and all the BP that come with it Basically not even having to deal with the TLC.

So for entry lvl players they can:

1.) Relocate 

2.) Wait and ask for Help

3.) Spend $2
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord

No I did not as my base was flatten before I could check. Well either way they can move before the event and try to relocate to a lower lvl player, dead sector, or they can stay wait for higher lvls to get done with there raid and then ask for for help ( if they can still do the target prep completion bonus). And they can do what I did and spend $2 and get the Eradicator and all the BP that come with it Basically not even having to deal with the TLC.

1.) Relocate 

3.) Spend $2
    Relocate. No, you can't relocate during a raid. You can relocate with a dead OP, just go to map.

Wait & ask for help--yeah, I don't think the better pirates are in the mood for helping in this one.

Spend some coin that they may not have on ONE hull which will take over a month to produce 4 exact replicas so as to be able to do the 60s next month.. Not forgetting they've got to RANK said replicas, so no, that's not a very viable option, is it?

YOU may have coin to spend, others don't, or they won't drop coin on a game that they feel isn't treating them how they feel they deserve. DON'T tell folks what to do with their cash.
  • Unsuportedcaharecter
    Unsuportedcaharecter
    Skilled Warrior

1.) Relocate 

3.) Spend $2
    Relocate. No, you can't relocate during a raid. You can relocate with a dead OP, just go to map.

Wait & ask for help--yeah, I don't think the better pirates are in the mood for helping in this one.

Spend some coin that they may not have on ONE hull which will take over a month to produce 4 exact replicas so as to be able to do the 60s next month.. Not forgetting they've got to RANK said replicas, so no, that's not a very viable option, is it?

YOU may have coin to spend, others don't, or they won't drop coin on a game that they feel isn't treating them how they feel they deserve. DON'T tell folks what to do with their cash.
    Ok, lets not get off on the wrong foot.

First of all Thank you did not know I could look from outside my base; They can move before the raid low lvl targets spawn by low lvl players.

Second, this raid does seem to be tilting. But, one of the ways that it has always been is wait on the Big fish to help the little fish after they are done feeding. As for ship aspect (there is an OPTION) they can spend time building and Ranking Buccaneers or Eradicator (or any fleet for that matter their choice).

Thirdly, I didn't tell ANYONE how to spend THEIR money. I offered 3 options off the top of my head in which to get points or prizes during this raid. If you want to help low level players tell them about this tread and FB sites, Youtube on how to get points. A long winded post in which no one will read this far will not help anyone but me practice my type in which I am behind on.
  • LtlDisgruntledNoob
    LtlDisgruntledNoob
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 48

@LtlDisgruntledNoob said:
    .(Image)

Did you even read the post?

I couldn't give 2 hoots about the Buccaneer itself, if you had any brains, you'd know the I actually have a full fleet of Dragoons sans armour.

I'm referring to those who have nothing, & believe that the Buccaneer will do the trick for them

If you're going to troll, go elsewhere, you made a prize fool of yourself with your comment.

I bet you quit for a while, Mr L115

here's  your troll ....lmao .... 

• coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 57
    Even if one would consider building hydras; the CICs are never offered (probably haven't since the T7 siege raids)

I do agree that the Under siege campaign is pointless though
    The sky fire campaign "cold fusion" did well because it gave us a fleets worth of build tokens  and there was actually a target for sky fires in the Assault raids
    The Buccaneers in under siege could take a month to build even with the build tokens and if a low level player finishes it by next raid they won't be able to use it because there is no target for it.

Kixeye should be offering fang teeth right now
    Siege spin from two weeks ago was helpful though for those in need of T8 tech and siege build tokens